Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 10:09 AM

66 posts, read 450,402 times

Advertisements

I keep putting this in the wrong place but have finally found you all.

Is it true that in MA in order to get my old real estate salespersons license reinstated that I must now get my paperwork sent to Las Vegas and the turnaround time from the time I complete my 12 CE hours is much longer? I was told this week that this is a brand new requirement!
Any tips to increase the speed of this?
Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 04:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinThruIt View Post
I keep putting this in the wrong place but have finally found you all.

Is it true that in MA in order to get my old real estate salespersons license reinstated that I must now get my paperwork sent to Las Vegas and the turnaround time from the time I complete my 12 CE hours is much longer? I was told this week that this is a brand new requirement!
Any tips to increase the speed of this?
Thanks much!
Why would you have to send your paperwork to Las Vegas? Never heard of that before. You should call the MA board of professional licensure. They make the rules.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:46 PM

That’s what I was told this week by a Boston area broker. I’ll look it up but I was hoping to ask other agents how long the turnaround time is now.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:06 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
your questions - this and the one about "where are the rentals in MA not in Boston?" are both MA questions, not R/E pro questions ... to the extent that we may have 2 MA agents around here, vs certainly more current and past agents hang around the MA board.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
That’s what I was told this week by a Boston area broker. I’ll look it up but I was hoping to ask other agents how long the turnaround time is now.
One thing you learn pretty quickly as an agent is that most agents don't know what they're talking about. These are the people you want to talk to about this:

https://www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-r...d-salespersons

Old 10-02-2019, 08:09 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
I mean, I was thinking about telling my wife that I was REQUIRED to go to Las Vegas to get my license renewal.

You don't think that'll work?

Old 10-02-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I mean, I was thinking about telling my wife that I was REQUIRED to go to Las Vegas to get my license renewal.

No need to make up an excuse. I'm sure some real estate organization is having a conference there this year.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
One thing you learn pretty quickly as an agent is that most agents don't know what they're talking about. These are the people you want to talk to about this:

https://www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-r...d-salespersons
I hope what I was told was incorrect, but this gentleman was a broker and owner of a very busy firm. I have a feeling he knows what he’s talking about.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:53 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
No need to make up an excuse. I'm sure some real estate organization is having a conference there this year.
Yes, in fact there was one TODAY.

Boo, Bo, you missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

Old 10-03-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I hope what I was told was incorrect, but this gentleman was a broker and owner of a very busy firm. I have a feeling he knows what he’s talking about.
That's a very bold assumption. Just because you hold your broker's license doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. At this point, it just means you've held an active salesperson's license for two years, completed the required prelicensing course, and passed the broker's license test which if it's anything like the salesperson's test could be passed by half the squirrels in my backyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Yes, in fact there was one TODAY.

Boo, Bo, you missed it.
I have decided to hold the first annual Bo-Mike real estate mastermind conference in Las Vegas. Bo, when should we go? Tickets for anyone not named Bo or Mike are $100 and include a free drink ticket if anyone wants to join us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals