Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 11:45 AM

48 posts, read 31,896 times

Advertisements

Thanks all, I feel better now because I just booked my non refundable flight, 1st class btw, splurging on myself
Also my agent was recommending I don't have the buyer's wire me their funds to my bank because it might get hacked?? Instead she recommended I get a live check but I told her I'll already be out of town. Is this the norm that agents are recommending to their clients? I'd be nervous carrying around a check that big to deposit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 02:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
the closing agent (escrow company/attorney) does all the wiring. Not the buyer.
If you're out of town, it is indeed best for you to CALL the closing agent and give them your account info (ABA # and acct #) VERBALLY, and have them repeat it back to you.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:12 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,993,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the closing agent (escrow company/attorney) does all the wiring. Not the buyer.
If you're out of town, it is indeed best for you to CALL the closing agent and give them your account info (ABA # and acct #) VERBALLY, and have them repeat it back to you.
Wires are fine and safe, just follow Bo's advice and call the attorney.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:55 PM

4,857 posts, read 3,286,049 times
We may find ourselves in that position next week. On the road before the buyer's final walkthrough. My thinking at this point is that if for whatever reason they're not happy, that's okay. They got a fair price in an incredibly hot market, and the house is worth more today than it was 6 weeks ago.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:05 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poofybruno View Post
Thanks all, I feel better now because I just booked my non refundable flight, 1st class btw, splurging on myself
Also my agent was recommending I don't have the buyer's wire me their funds to my bank because it might get hacked?? Instead she recommended I get a live check but I told her I'll already be out of town. Is this the norm that agents are recommending to their clients? I'd be nervous carrying around a check that big to deposit!
Wiring funds directly to your account is best.

Makes me question your Agents wisdom and experience. They also should have known how to handle you being out of town for a simple walk through.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wiring funds directly to your account is best.

Makes me question your Agents wisdom and experience. They also should have known how to handle you being out of town for a simple walk through.
Well regarding my Agent, that's a whole different topic....there is a reason why I am on an online Real Estate forum trying to get advice.

Thanks everyone who replied for the advice BTW.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:06 PM

So my agent wants to repair what she states is water damage at the bottom of the front door frame and along the side of the home (she wants the home in perfect condition for the buyer). The termite and moisture inspection we got didn't mention anything about these areas, the buyers waived having a home inspection and the appraisal inspection didn't mention anything about it.
I told my agent not to fix it if no one is saying anything but she is afraid during the final walk-thru that the buyers might call it out. I told her if they do we can either credit them back or I'll have my handyman replace that portion of the frame.
I told me agent at this point I don't want to spend any more money on repairs that aren't needed. The profit margin on the sale of this home is already pretty small after the brokers take their cut.

Do you think I was right in doing that?

Old 05-19-2021, 09:50 PM

6,820 posts, read 11,553,688 times
Quote:
Do you think I was right in doing that?
Yes. The purpose of the pre-closing walk through is to assure the house is in substantially the same condition as it was when the buyers wrote the contract. It’s not time to revisit inspection items. I’d tell your agent if she’s so worried about it, she can pay for it out of her commission.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:13 AM

6,486 posts, read 10,360,322 times
I have to agree with Okey, the buyer waived a home inspection and an agreed upon price was made when the contract was signed by both parties. Short of missing elements (appliances for example) now is not the time for the buyer to try to negotiate price further. The OP's suggestion to their agent to offer an allowance seems very reasonable if the buyer makes a big deal about it.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:35 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
(she wants the home in perfect condition for the buyer).
this is not standard.

the house needs to be in the condition that has been agreed to in the contract, which generally speaking means in the same condition it was when it was listed plus any work done as negotiated during the contingency period.

The seller is under no obligation to improve the house to a better condition than it was in when the buyer decided to buy it, which seems to be what the agent is suggesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals