Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 06:12 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,532 times

Advertisements

I wrote some months ago about non communicative realtors where I am.. well I finally got one to answer and we have gone forward... The house has "sold" for double what I paid for it within a week.... well , the house was in escrow for one week, the inspector comes. Then when she calls me to discuss the report , suddenly this realtor who I have worked with this whole time told me that she was not my realtor .. but the BUYERS realtor ..

Really ?? Excuse me??
I signed with this woman on paper . Her name is on the sign in my front yard and she never ever said she was not my realtor ... she asked if I remembered emailing another realtor at her firm.
I said no , I sent a GENERAL INQUIRY to your company and no one responded so I called and YOU picked up. Period.

Well now in those 2 days the dynamic has changed and I am having to rep myself now against her buyer and her inspector who wrecked my home Thursday and told her the dishwasher and ac did not work because he didn't know how to turn them on etc etc etc .

I am so angry .. tomorrow he comes back again after I told them how to operate these things . If tomorrow she wants even 1 more thing I am backing out. I am not doing this alone . I KNOW she and her company knows something is not right because the company is suddenly trying to pick up the 500+ tab for the home warranty.
She says that some woman picked up my email and that is my realtor . I have NO Idea who she is even talking about .I have NEVER ever had anything like this happen .

Without getting into it she has caused a chain reaction with this to where this woman wanted this short escrow ( its supposed to be a cash sale ) and I have had to rent an apt now , had my credit dinged three times for that and nothing is working out like I had planned at all.

This woman IS my realtor on paper alright ,but is now coming on very strong for this buyer .
I said a few months back that was selling this to go live with my broodmares but that's not going to happen now and really after this I don't think I'll ever buy again .. this has been a bad exp and I do not think this is normal. Not sure if should let this ride out or quit everything after tomorrow if even one thing comes up.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 02-18-2022 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 06:18 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
No, it's not normal.

You're smart though, and can do this... Don't let her run over you on inspection items.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:27 PM

Thank you Diana, I am usually pretty tough , but am so angry and freaked out .. He told them the AC/heat system didnt work .. this is because the PILOT was not lit on the heater .. jeez and he couldn't figure out how to work the thermostat on ether the heat or the ac ... THEN I heard him in the kitchen this crazy list of things that he just happened to have a family member for that could fix each thing down to his wife who would provide maid service for her . Nothing needs to be fixed in here . Nothing .

Old 02-18-2022, 06:32 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,090,114 times
Use the inspection to potentially get out from under all of this. Refuse to pay for ANY repairs. Then if the buyer pulls out so be it. Don’t say a single thing more to the twisted agent. Go to the purported email agent and see if you like her. If not, tell her you’ve been scammed and are going to go with a different agency. If she won’t release you (get it signed) then say you will need to go to the real estate commission for “advice”. Ideally the buyer will accept no repairs. It is in everyone’s best interest to not upset the cart. No repairs and maybe your dual agent can handle both sides of the deal at a slightly lower percentage fee.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:38 PM

I am glad you all can understand what I posted because I am pretty upset . It seems so unreal to me I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone at this point and this is a very well established ,well known company in Kern County.
Yes that is exactly what I am preparing myself to do tomorrow.. I am done after tomorrow if they want me to pay for anything else . I do not like games and none of this is ok . The email agent that supposedly picked up is a non named ghost . The agent who I thought was mine until 2 days ago didn't say who she was and honestly no one ever contacted me. I don't really think "my" purported realtor exists.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:40 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
If you have a signed listing agreement with this agent that means that agent is under a contract to represent you. Not the other agent.

Is her name on the listing agreement and in the MLS system ? That's your agent.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:48 PM

YES .. and I was trying to tell her that very thing. I am looking at both right now . She has been working with me 1.5 months and this revelation occurred 48 hours ago .

Old 02-19-2022, 05:17 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
YES .. and I was trying to tell her that very thing. I am looking at both right now . She has been working with me 1.5 months and this revelation occurred 48 hours ago .
If this agent claims not to be representing YOU, tell her to go through her agent. Then, Just stop talking to her. She has no agency relationship with you.
Just stop communicating with her in any way.

Email the listing agreement to the firm's broker, tell your story, and ask to be allowed to interview other agents to represent you and for another agent to be assigned to your current sale contract, or for the firm to consider letting you out of your listing contract with them.

Follow up with a phone call if you don't have a response within hours.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:25 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
Look up her license on your state real estate commission website. Call her managing broker first thing Tuesday for an explanation.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:04 PM

UPDATE : It's over and I did it ... I stayed strong in the face of that inspector( same one ) and my solid little house passed . I just have to install 3 new smoke/co2s . We all signed off on it and the contingencies are gone. Close on the 12th.

It does say she is my agent on the papers I signed today .. I knew I was not imagining this .. besides all the other papers I signed with her that I have here .
Have no clue at all what is up with her . Hopefully this is over .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals