Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times

Advertisements

Sounds like it's time to get your own agent. Work with someone whom gets back to you quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM

37 posts, read 151,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I'm just wondering when I contact a realtor on realtor.com, it takes them forever to respond. Sometimes they don't even respond.
Unfortunately Beckycat some Realtors aren't as efficient as others.

Personally, I am always glued to my Blackberry so if I get a inquiry from a buyer via Realtor.com, I will respond to them within 15 minutes (barring something major happening that would prevent me from doing so).

I belong to a HUGE network of nearly 130,000 real estate professionals nationwide, and can connect or refer my clients to COMPETENT agents in any of the 50 states.

Best of luck,

Moderator cut: removed signature

Last edited by Marka; 01-05-2009 at 04:29 AM..

Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,225,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I'm just wondering when I contact a realtor on realtor.com, it takes them forever to respond. Sometimes they don't even respond.
15 minutes or your request goes to another agent in my office, who will also have the same 15 minutes.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 PM

In our company, you have to choose to accept the inquiry right then & there where you get a phone call from the service, and then it goes to the next agent who has to accept the inquiry or not, until you can an agent to accept it. Once the inquiry has been accepted by an agent, they have 30 minutes to get back to you & a few hours to update the lead on the leadrouter system otherwise you won't get any more inquiries.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
In our company, you have to choose to accept the inquiry right then & there where you get a phone call from the service, and then it goes to the next agent who has to accept the inquiry or not, until you can an agent to accept it. Once the inquiry has been accepted by an agent, they have 30 minutes to get back to you & a few hours to update the lead on the leadrouter system otherwise you won't get any more inquiries.
That's what I was describing in my initial reply, but you said it much more clearly, I think. (We have leadrouter, too.)

Old 01-03-2009, 02:12 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,275,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
These are leads off your own listings on realtor.com? Or is this some system that responds to leads coming from your brokerage's web site? And are those just general inquiries or specific inquiries from your own listings? I wouldn't want leads from my own listings being given to another agent just because I was in the shower or something and not able to respond within 30 minutes. Now if it's not a listing-specific lead (just agent of the day type lead), that's different.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:17 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
These are leads off your own listings on realtor.com? Or is this some system that responds to leads coming from your brokerage's web site? And are those just general inquiries or specific inquiries from your own listings? I wouldn't want leads from my own listings being given to another agent just because I was in the shower or something and not able to respond within 30 minutes. Now if it's not a listing-specific lead (just agent of the day type lead), that's different.
No bathroom breaks, no dinners out with friends, no time with family...it's calling back potential clients 24/7.

Showers??? What a slacker you are...

Sheesh...I bet you want to sleep too...

Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Not my own leads from realtor.com. The listing agent (if our of our listings on there) has the first opportunity to accept the lead, and if they miss the automated call, it goes on to the next person on the listing. Leads are given out randomly through our brokerage site, on listings we display on their through the IDX.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:35 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
The listing agent is given a specific time (10 minutes, I believe) to call back and accept the lead. If they don't, then it goes to another agent so that the caller/emailer gets a response right away.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,841 times
I think realtor.com does not update everyday, has anyone else noticed that? I have seen listings there showing active that went pending in our system days ago... weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals