Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenshadow View Post
Just heard from our MLS that it is against NAR rules to base commission on Net sales price.
We used the disclosure "Commissions are based on NET sales price unless otherwise noted (Net sales price equals sales price minus seller-paid concessions)"
That's weird! Our MLS has a field to indicate whether commission is based off of net sale price or gross sale price. Granted, our MLS is not owned by the local Realtor board but I wouldn't think they'd put a field in that would violate NAR rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenshadow View Post
They flagged us for a violation. After reading the rules, it is perfectly fine for the seller to base commissions off net, but the listing agent cannot. The only option they give: LA absorb the difference (this has caused a LOSS for us in some instances before using the commission disclosure) - it sucks to PAY to sell a house.
I'm absolutely befuddled by this. I'd love to hear an example with the math behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 01:57 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I would revise my earlier post, and say that our Triangle MLS rules do not allow commission to be calculated off net price.
Gross only.
It is a violation to enter a net price commission note into a listing.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:29 PM

200 posts, read 555,105 times
I remember being called by the attorney and asked to change my commission bill to reflect the actual sales price, not the sales price plus closing costs which was $7500 more...even thought that (the amount including the $7500) was the actual price the buyer paid. I think the seller objected to it, even though it was very little difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals