Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,378 times

Advertisements

To buyers and their agents ... We've had 2 pre-scheduled appointments cancel on us a few hours before they were supposed to see our house. We have small dogs and take them out of the home while it is being shown, so my husband or I have to take time off work to drive home and get them in the middle of the day to accomodate the buyers time schedule. Both of these buyers and their agents need to realize that sellers DO go out of their way to accomodate their schedules because we do want to sell our home, but please be CONSIDERATE if the home is not vacant when setting up appointments you don't plan on keeping. (both of these cancellations were because the buyers changed their minds and looked at other homes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,976,886 times
There are no kickers this time of the year. If they are looking they are serious. Be happy you're getting showings.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,104,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea91382 View Post
To buyers and their agents ... We've had 2 pre-scheduled appointments cancel on us a few hours before they were supposed to see our house. We have small dogs and take them out of the home while it is being shown, so my husband or I have to take time off work to drive home and get them in the middle of the day to accomodate the buyers time schedule. Both of these buyers and their agents need to realize that sellers DO go out of their way to accomodate their schedules because we do want to sell our home, but please be CONSIDERATE if the home is not vacant when setting up appointments you don't plan on keeping. (both of these cancellations were because the buyers changed their minds and looked at other homes)
I think it would have been better to start a new thread rather than bump a really old on from last July. You may get more reply's that way.

I know it is an inconvenience to get cancel calls, but that is the considerate thing to do if they really have changed their mind or already found the house they like before getting there or had something come up. It happens. Hang in there.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 PM

24 posts, read 92,671 times
Just take this in stride and don't mind those inconsiderate types. Just remember to keep your cool and prevent yourself from doing the same thing when you're put in the very same position.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:31 PM

487 posts, read 1,357,870 times
I recommend you take your house off the market.
Buyers will be late to appointments. Be No shows, will let the cat out, will let the dogs in, will paw through your stuff, will say horrible thoughtless terrible things about your wonderful home.

Dont waste your time or theirs.
Pull your house.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
I will try to keep that kind of thing in mind. I do feel a little better after discussing it with my realtor yesterday. We've agreed that if after a week we've had too many people listing the same few "reasons" (such as no garage) we'll update the listing to specifically say no garage.

Glad your house is coming together.
well, i cannot believe garage is a deal breaker if they liked other things and if there is room to build one.

We were looking for a house and there was nothing on the market that would satisfy all our requirements. So, we decided to just go around and look at everything which is a compromise. We went to one house which was not in great location and the price seemed too high. But we still went there and we liked it and now we are buying it and very glad.

If we did not like it - we would have said : We did not like the location )))) Now, we knew the location was not great, right??

So, this people who complain about "no garage" - they just did not like your house, that's all. But instead of saying : we did not like it because of this and that, they are being polite saying " because there is no garage".

We went to one house once and it was so personalized - lots of really ugly shabby shick furniture, that seemed to smell old folks, they had cracks on the walls, that needed to be refinished and repainted, they had most hideous decorations and accents everywhere. They had bad floor plan and noisy floors. It actually looked like they staged it in this shabby manner and very very proud of their rustic stuff. It looked like they staged it in a way to make an impression "old folks are living here"
So, we went out of the house with a feeling "what are we doing here?".

What would we say to the seller ? I guess I would have say: there is only one bath (( sorry.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger37708 View Post
I recommend you take your house off the market.
Buyers will be late to appointments. Be No shows, will let the cat out, will let the dogs in, will paw through your stuff, will say horrible thoughtless terrible things about your wonderful home.

Dont waste your time or theirs.
Pull your house.

She went under contract with the house on the market for 2 weeks, why didn't you read the thread before posting after so many months? lol

Good thing the OP didn't get your advice earlier and she kept her home up for sale and sold it lol

Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 AM

487 posts, read 1,357,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
She went under contract with the house on the market for 2 weeks, why didn't you read the thread before posting after so many months? lol

Good thing the OP didn't get your advice earlier and she kept her home up for sale and sold it lol
This was really more of a commentary on Sellers expectations than specific individual advice.

And so is Timeless in my humble opinion.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Our house went on the market yesterday, and today we had a broker's/realtor's open house and three showings. We've had good feedback, BUT two of the "potential buyers" who looked aren't interested in buying because of features the house doesn't have....and it's CLEAR from the pictures and description that the house doesn't have these features. The other party just started looking and isn't sure if they are ready to buy. I had to get my large dogs out of the house for 5.5 hours today, which they hated.

We already have another showing lined up for tomorrow, but I am kind of sick of this. I know it's a buyer's market, but we don't have to sell, we were just wanting to upgrade to a larger home. I'm so peeved right now that I just want to take it off the market. (Our realtor is awesome, and we can end our contract at any time w/o penalty.)

I don't want to call my realtor tonight, but I am concerned. Is there a way to limit the "tire-kicker" showings?

DH and I have looked at some houses, and I would 1) not be rude and inconvenience someone if their home was lacking a feature I had to have and 2) If I open closet doors, cupboards or shades, have the courtesy to put stuff back the way you found it! and 3) Show up on time...if your window is from 7-8, don't arrive at 8:10.

I don't care if people don't want to buy our house. We're having a hard time finding something we like anyway. I just don't get how sellers stay sane!
I think I hear the worlds smallest violine playing for you.

I'm in the same boat, don't need to sell but wouldn't mind upgrading. I found having my house on the market to be a pain so I decided to take it off.

Your pretty much just whining, its part of selling a house. Does it suck getting your dogs out the house for people who aren't at all serious about buying your place, yeah it does. I get that I have a 100lbs slobbery bulldog but its part of selling your house. You dont like it take your house off the market.

As for the features your house lakcs. Maybe they are thing people would be willing to compromise on if they loved your house. We love the house but it doesn't have x,y,z we'll deal with it or install that. Maybe if they didn't love your house and it lacked a feature they decided they werent interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate