Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
^^ Just curious... doesn't the dryer along with clothes of various blends create lint near the food prep area? This isn't customary to me.
Karen, the dryer shown in the picture you referenced is a vented dryer but I wanted to point out to everyone, a lot of the washer/dryers in European kitchens are ventless. The hot moist air, instead of being vented, is cooled and the water from the condensation is then discharged through the water drain. There is no lint or humid air discharged at all. Very common to have these in kitchens. All that is needed it hot/cold water in, a drain, and 110 volt electrical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM

659 posts, read 1,146,021 times
Smile personal items...

I was informed many years ago to remove family pics, art work, anything personal in a home, add candles, cook something like bread in the oven, play soft, very dim music that is universally pleasing...and never keep pets there for a showing, after owning four homes and successfully selling all but one, at an profit, I would have to agree!

Old 11-25-2011, 04:30 PM

722 posts, read 1,923,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSilver View Post
I saw a house that had an indoor laundry room.. in the bathroom.
Handy if you want to fold laundry while sitting on the loo.
My husband is in the military. When he was stationed at Camp Pendleton (Southern CA) some of my friends who lived in base housing, their laundry was in their downstairs powder room. Other friends that lived in a different housing area on the same base had the laundry in the kitchen. This was about 10 + years ago, I think both of those housing areas have since been renovated.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:26 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
One house I looked at had an indoor diving pool on the third floor with a huge mounted sailfish on the wall above it. You could actually see underwater from the fireplace wall on the second floor. There was also a cool vintage coke machine in the garage from the 40's. Otherwise the house was empty. And the place was shaped like a giant flying saucer by the way...I actually liked it. It was the ultimate bachelor pad.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
Not that this wouldn't be nice somewhere, but not with the styles here.
Attached Thumbnails
Things you've seen house hunting-sink.jpg  

Old 12-01-2011, 01:24 AM

19,215 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
I was informed many years ago to remove family pics, art work, anything personal in a home, add candles, cook something like bread in the oven, play soft, very dim music that is universally pleasing...and never keep pets there for a showing, after owning four homes and successfully selling all but one, at an profit, I would have to agree!

The last house I sold, my realtor held an open house and wanted to have cookies baking in the oven. She brought over a hunk of that raw cookie dough in the tube and stuck some in the oven. She got so involved with talking to all the looky loos who were walking through, she forgot about the cookies and stunk up the house with burned cookie smell.

I soon changed realtors and got the house sold without the help of cookies, baking in the oven.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM

422 posts, read 1,475,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
The last house I sold, my realtor held an open house and wanted to have cookies baking in the oven. She brought over a hunk of that raw cookie dough in the tube and stuck some in the oven. She got so involved with talking to all the looky loos who were walking through, she forgot about the cookies and stunk up the house with burned cookie smell.

I soon changed realtors and got the house sold without the help of cookies, baking in the oven.
muahahaha that's a funny one

Old 12-02-2011, 06:07 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Would've been easier to light a scented candle.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM

154 posts, read 691,745 times
Default entries for bad paint job of the month

How many cans of paint will it take to fix these?
Attached Thumbnails
Things you've seen house hunting-blackwhite-room.jpg   Things you've seen house hunting-camo-room.jpg  

Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM

630 posts, read 1,717,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrubin View Post
How many cans of paint will it take to fix these?
Egads..those are bad. There is an awesome view in the blk/white room but good gosh..most wouldn't notice it past the bizarre paint works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate