Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM

157 posts, read 499,336 times

Advertisements

I remember reading about a house like this! It was in Texas though. In fact, after the house was "cleaned out" they moved back in only to get sick again.

I wouldn't buy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
According to the Trulia link you posted it seemed the house has been sold.
It still has the info from when it was sold back in June to the owners that bailed.

Question to the realtors on the board: Would you even sell a house like that?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Found the answer

Just FYI

They never knew about the mold in the house.
Then when the new owners opened the walls for the sound system it released the mold
The owners disclosed that the property had been tested and toxic mold was found.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-12-2012 at 11:27 AM..

Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
It still has the info from when it was sold back in June to the owners that bailed.

Question to the realtors on the board: Would you even sell a house like that?
I think you mean list the house which is not the same thing as getting it sold. Some agents take on unsellable listings in hopes of meeting ready, willing and able buyers of other property.

BTW, the owners have no skin in this place, given their mortgage.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM

278 posts, read 577,154 times
Wouldn't an agent be required state a health reason for the people leaving so quickly? I know enough realtors to know the problem with this house was not a secret to any agents in the area.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The owners disclosed that the property had been tested and toxic mold was found.
There is a big difference between the owners disclosing it to the agent and the agent disclosing it to potential buyers.
The first may have happened, the second didn't.

I asked the listing agent why the owners had left. He said because the guy got a transfer.
After I looked around and saw too many personal possesions I asked; "OK, what is the real reason the guy left?"
He said it was just because the guy had a transfer.
I knew he was lying about something

And actually, that was kind of my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate