Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times

Advertisements

Feedback? ha! When I was an agent, I'd look at 10-20 homes a day, do you think I have the time to call and give feedback?? Now, if an agent called me I was happy to give it, that's if I could remember which house they were talking about. I think the listing agent should be responsible for calling whoever left a card to ask for feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 03:56 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytc View Post
the buyers agent Fiduciary responsibility is to their buyer. It is not to tell the seller how to sell their home. Sorry that bugs you. But it is true. It is only a professional courtesy.

Shelly
I agree!

I could only imagine the response I'd get if I called an agent and told them how I really felt about their listing that was nasty.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:19 PM

65 posts, read 182,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Feedback? ha! When I was an agent, I'd look at 10-20 homes a day, do you think I have the time to call and give feedback?? Now, if an agent called me I was happy to give it, that's if I could remember which house they were talking about. I think the listing agent should be responsible for calling whoever left a card to ask for feedback.

Thus the importance of leaving a card!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:14 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
I like a card left for the courtesy to the owner, but when an agent calls to make an app't to see one of my listings, I get their name and phone number... so I don't need their card. And with our lockboxes, I can set them up so I know what agent opened the lockbox.... again not needing the card. As an agent, I don't really need the card.

shelly

Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM

65 posts, read 182,339 times
Default Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytc View Post
I like a card left for the courtesy to the owner, but when an agent calls to make an app't to see one of my listings, I get their name and phone number... so I don't need their card. And with our lockboxes, I can set them up so I know what agent opened the lockbox.... again not needing the card. As an agent, I don't really need the card.

shelly
As a seller, a card left on the table or counter is sometimes the only way we can tell that the agent has been there

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
Sandy, I love that when the card is the only way you know!! That means the agent left the house they way they found it!! and I agree with you, it is a courtesy to the owner of the home.

Shelly

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM

631 posts, read 2,445,994 times
There is a real estate brokerage in my area that has most the house listings. Anytime I've ever gone to show one of her listings, the back door was always unlocked and sometimes partially left open. This was on vacant homes. But when I would leave, I was always left wondering if it was supposed to be unlocked for some reason.
Knowing I got a key from her to get in, I did suppose she assumed it was locked so I would lock the door before I left.
It was so often, I would tell my customers, lets go in the back door, I'll bet it's open. Then sure enough, it was open!
I was utterly amazed myself.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,694 times
I'm confused. Why can't you speak with them? Who said that is unethical?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
If your house is on the market, all of the lights should be ON and curtains open during showing hours.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:51 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
I'm confused. Why can't you speak with them? Who said that is unethical?
I'm totally confused too. I think the listing agent might be afraid that the sellers might bypass them and go directly to the buyers agent? But that doesn't make any sense eihter, since the sellers sign a contract with a listing agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate