Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 AM

81 posts, read 232,833 times

Advertisements

I think the burden of communication, to communicate better is with the one claiming to be a Professional, the one HIRED for services, the one who supposedly assists/guides through the process...
The expectations should be placed on the Service Providers porch not the Clients porch imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 AM

397 posts, read 613,889 times
Hard to specify the appropriate frequency of communication.

If you have an active offer, your agent may need to f/u on an hourly basis. If the house is languishing on the market for months, weekly updates may be excessive.

I would hope the agent follows up after each showing. Otherwise I dont think there is much to communicate over expect for changes in price and new ideas for marketing, which probably wont happen on a weekly basis.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
It runs the gamut and I think it's something the seller needs to clarify with the agent.

I've had some that don't want to hear from me unless they have an offer. Others would prefer to hear from me every day, which is problematic due to time and the fact that quite frequently nothing has changed from one day to the next.

In any case, communication always should happen immediately after something happens like an offer, a showing, feedback, changes in what the market is doing, etc.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 AM

12 posts, read 17,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
Sorry for your feelings, and all agents are not the same! You need to probably communicate better and at least tell the agent what your thoughts are, as they could easily work or try to do a better job with what you want. With the Hi-tech world were in, emails, texts, voice and etc, should not be a problem keeping you in the loop. After each showing, I always ask for feedback, and just simple things like, did not like, location, and sometimes price is a problem, as buyers always think, its still a recession and buyers have to sell as the media has caused too many false concerns! Good luck, and give your agent one last chance and be clear what you expect.
Was away for a few days. He is getting slightly better so I am giving him two more weeks to work on communication.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM

12 posts, read 17,998 times
Update - I'm staying with the agent for two more weeks. He is attempting to work with the other agent. He is providing me with better communication. Unfortunately, the offeror's agent is also not the greatest communicator but apparently still interested and just determining how to counteroffer. I also plan to reduce my price and hopefully this will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate