Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:40 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times

Advertisements

Calling all agents and brokers? Curious as to your professional way in dealing with expired listings? Do you call right away, do you send a letter? What is your personal pitch and why do you think it works? Share some of that knowledge!!!!
Colleen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I'm interested in hearing this because my SECOND listing expires in less than 2 hours! Really what does one agent have to offer over another? Especially in this market?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
Calling all agents and brokers? Curious as to your professional way in dealing with expired listings? Do you call right away, do you send a letter? What is your personal pitch and why do you think it works? Share some of that knowledge!!!!
Colleen
First: Check the Do not call list!! If that seller's number is on there - DO NOT CALL

Next: Do you have a marketing plan for this listing - something unique? What can you do / offer the seller that the other agent / broker can't?

No amount of "pitching" will do you any good if you can only offer the "same old" thing -

Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
As a seller I can tell you what I do not want to hear or read... I have a buyer for your house.

I can't tell you how many agents actually said this. I'd decided to "interview" agents using homegain, I got about 15 responces, not one local, and I'd have to say about 5 or 7 said they had a buyer.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
As a seller I can tell you what I do not want to hear or read... I have a buyer for your house.

I can't tell you how many agents actually said this. I'd decided to "interview" agents using homegain, I got about 15 responces, not one local, and I'd have to say about 5 or 7 said they had a buyer.
Hey! I have TWO Buyers for your house!

The spam companies manage to annoy everyone, don't they?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

As a seller, what would YOU like to hear? I am not in your neighborhood, so dont worry, I wont call you - I am accessible with a direct number, our company is small so you get very personalized service, our marketing plans are of course internet, (since actually more than 80%, and i am being conservative home owners start their own search there) and weekly news ads, I dont think news ads sell homes, I think the net does. Thats my opinion, but what would make me stand out to you versus other agents?

Thanks for sharing this - very good that a seller is answering this thread - you are who we work for, or at least I consider that I do when I list a home.

Thanks again
Colleen

Old 11-01-2007, 07:08 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
I would not recommend the shotgun approach. You will just waste valuable time and marketing dollars. Look at each one individually, look up the mortgage, and if it makes sense and you have something to offer that seller, go for it. I do see a lot of flat fee expired listings where the broker did nothing but collect a fee for entering data into MLS. Maybe you could help these people if you had a feasible marketing plan.

What sellers need in today's market is buyers, not more listings. Almost every expired listing in my SOI is either way overpriced, the seller is upside down in debt, or the bank is trying to dump it. There's very little I can do for any of them except procure a qualfied buyer (which is another subject in itself). Sorry, I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it's reality in my world today.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First: Check the Do not call list!! If that seller's number is on there - DO NOT CALL

Next: Do you have a marketing plan for this listing - something unique? What can you do / offer the seller that the other agent / broker can't?

No amount of "pitching" will do you any good if you can only offer the "same old" thing -
This is not true once a person has put their home on the market they are null and void from the DNC list

I am not sure if you are asking about your own listing or someone elses that you want to get

If it is yours don't wait until it expires to pitch the people

If it is NOT yours I would call and set up an appt to view the house immediately

If they say the do not want to relist
say something like "oh. you mean if I had a buyer for you right now....you wouldn't be intersted?"
of course they will ask "do you have a buyer?"

You say...."I don't know I haven't seen your house yet to determine that"

How can anyone interested in selling their home deny that

hope it works for you because it sure as heck works for me

Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
This is not true once a person has put their home on the market they are null and void from the DNC list
You might want to check that out

On February 18, 2005, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued an Order addressing certain issues raised in NAR’s Petition for Reconsideration of the Commission’s 2003 Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA, a.k.a. Do-Not-Call) rules. Specifically, NAR requested that the FCC clarify that calls to “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO) and expired listings fall outside the scope of the Do-Not-Call rules.

The FCC did clarify that calls to FSBOs by real estate professionals representing a potential buyer are not telephone solicitations, as so long as the purpose of the calls is to discuss the potential sale of the property to the buyer. Unfortunately, the FCC declined to exempt from the Do-Not-Call rules calls to expired listings and to FSBOs for the purpose of offering services to residential subscribers (homeowners).

National Do-Not-Call / E-Mail / Fax Update - Archive of Previous Updates

Last edited by Greatday; 11-01-2007 at 12:46 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
As a seller..........If someone was going to pitch me to relist with them they better have a few things done based on the last agents work. I'd want to see a marketing plan, I'd want a critique of what the last agent did........

I have no idea how some sellers allow their homes to be shown on the net with blury pictures or picture of a less then cleaned up room. I use that as an example of how a agent could approach the potential customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate