Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,091 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I operate a building with 110 offices. 67 of these offices are rented out and I am responsible for finding tenants when an office is vacated. To do this, I have to keep a track of leases/agreements with the tenants to see which ones are expiring in a given month/year. Currently I am doing this using an excel sheet but its highly cumbersome as I have to go through many records and I end up wasting time doing so. Then I also I have to send reminders to the tenants and all this takes up a lot of my time. Recently, I started looking for a software that can help me in this task but the solutions I found are very expensive and the softwares are usually very difficult with many options I don't need.

Can anyone suggest a solution that matches my requirements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 PM

223 posts, read 434,967 times
I don't know if you've looked at RentecDirect. I have a client that uses it and it's very functional. My client owns mobile home parks.

He pays $45 per month for it. You can upload files, have recurring transactions, send reminders, and on the tenant section you can see at a glance when the leases are up.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,328,307 times
There's this one program called Excel. You've probably never heard of it.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:41 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,664,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by william.parker View Post
I started looking for a software that can help me in this task but the solutions I found are very expensive and the softwares are usually very difficult with many options I don't need.
Well any software is going to have many options. If you dont need these options, dont use them. As far as difficulty... with anything new you will have to learn it. As you use it more, it will become easier. You had to learn excel at some point. If you change products, you will have to learn again.

I can suggest a couple.

Buildium (online web based, monthly fee)
Link

Quicken Rental Property (on your computer, one time fee)
Link

Or just keep using excel.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Personally, I use google docs instead of excel. I can edit the excel sheet at any computer, any time.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,404,836 times
Yardi

Commercial real estate and lease management software | Yardi Systems

Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM

223 posts, read 434,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
There's this one program called Excel. You've probably never heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william.parker
Currently I am doing this using an excel sheet
I believe he's heard of it.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 PM

19 posts, read 15,773 times
Excel and Gogole docs is good but it won't send you reminders.
Try a simple contract reminder system. I Googled and found some:

- Contract Management Software & Contract Tracking Software- Act Now! (Very detailed and expensive)
- Contract Management System | Software Application | Avaima.com (simple and very affordable).
- Contract Management Software - Ditch the Paper for Speed, Savings (simple but expensive)

Enjoy!

Old 03-10-2014, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,187 times
I manage a similar # of properties and also recommend Buildium http://www.buildium.com/. The app is pretty easy to use and sends the messages automatically.

More info: http://www.buildium.com/features/tra...eases-tenants/

Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick9965 View Post
Excel and Gogole docs is good but it won't send you reminders.
Try a simple contract reminder system.
A google account also comes with "Calendar" You could simply set a reminder up in March 2015 to renew the contract via SMS or email. Free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate