Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:04 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,757,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onni View Post
They get sympathy from me cause its their property and if some rich jerkface does not like it he can go kick bricks.

If that ordinance was there when they bought their house, they should have bought elsewhere.

No sympathy from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:22 AM

14,273 posts, read 14,812,421 times
I say tacky. Get the car off the lawn. The driveway looks closer to the front door from the passenger side as in I hope this fellow does not drive.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,846,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
"I don’t know of any million-dollar homes in this neighborhood."

Seriously doubt that an agent sent this email. It most likely was sent by a cowardly neighbor who doesn't like the car on the lawn. An agent, if the alleged scenario was true, would simply find another way to drive clients to the upscale area. If this was the only way there, I think the guy would know about it. I call BS!
Sounds like a neighbor who thinks their property would be worth $ millions if not for this car parked on the grass.

I wonder why the author wrote a letter instead of asking the municipality to deal with it.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:40 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,004,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like a neighbor who thinks their property would be worth $ millions if not for this car parked on the grass.

I wonder why the author wrote a letter instead of asking the municipality to deal with it.
Probably, but even so, if I lived there I would hope that now the municipality would deal with it. Parking a car on the front lawn is tacky and there are rules against it. If my neighbors started doing something like that and it went on for more than a few days, I would call the city. My neighbors actually did park their car on the lawn for a couple days when they were trying to sell it and I decided that if it was stil there I'd call the city to deal with it. Luckily, it didn't take long to sell.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,846,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Probably, but even so, if I lived there I would hope that now the municipality would deal with it. Parking a car on the front lawn is tacky and there are rules against it. If my neighbors started doing something like that and it went on for more than a few days, I would call the city. My neighbors actually did park their car on the lawn for a couple days when they were trying to sell it and I decided that if it was stil there I'd call the city to deal with it. Luckily, it didn't take long to sell.
Such a situation would not last 5 minutes in my town before the village would be at the door of the offenders.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,952,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Such a situation would not last 5 minutes in my town before the village would be at the door of the offenders.
That's the problem with this story.

I doubt the old couple does park like this on a regular basis. They actually have to go out of their way to park the car that way (driving up their driveway and going across the front lawn). What probably happened is that someone did think that this was tacky to parking the car that way so they sent a nasty note. The grandaughter made it viral on FB but people are showing sympanthy toward the couple because they are old.

The media wants to make a big story out of it so they go out and interview the couple. Chances are they staged the way the car was parked for the media. They are not a victim here (especially if ordinance doesn't allow that type of parking). The fact that she insists that they will continue to park that way because they can is absurb. All they did was bring un-needed attention to themselves.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,876,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Most cities have an ordinance against cars being parked on lawns.

The older couple get no sympathy from me.
Parking on the lawn looks crappy. I would complain if my neighbors parked in their front yard.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,876,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Thanks for driving!
Take his license away. He shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,004,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
That's the problem with this story.

I doubt the old couple does park like this on a regular basis. They actually have to go out of their way to park the car that way (driving up their driveway and going across the front lawn). What probably happened is that someone did think that this was tacky to parking the car that way so they sent a nasty note. The grandaughter made it viral on FB but people are showing sympanthy toward the couple because they are old.

The media wants to make a big story out of it so they go out and interview the couple. Chances are they staged the way the car was parked for the media. They are not a victim here (especially if ordinance doesn't allow that type of parking). The fact that she insists that they will continue to park that way because they can is absurb. All they did was bring un-needed attention to themselves.
You're probably right.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,268,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
"I don’t know of any million-dollar homes in this neighborhood."

Seriously doubt that an agent sent this email. It most likely was sent by a cowardly neighbor who doesn't like the car on the lawn. An agent, if the alleged scenario was true, would simply find another way to drive clients to the upscale area. If this was the only way there, I think the guy would know about it. I call BS!

An agent will just turn you into the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate