Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times

Advertisements

Boy howdy, this thread took a dive, didn't it........? Interesting. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:45 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
Yes, that's what I paid. Lol. So you can see the loss I'm suffering. That's why I'm leaning towards taking it off the market for now.
Could be your back yard killing it. Looks steep, unless I'm seeing it wrong. Homes with hilly or steep back yards suffer a big penalty.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:10 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Quote:
Furthermore Mr. Barnes, not only do you contradict yourself, but you are also in violation of the forum's Terms of Service.

""Outing" users by revealing their address, phone number, or other information that they didn't themselves share on our forum is prohibited."
But you did share your address! You! On 1/28/15 you posted your address on the city data forum. Along with personal email address and home for sale link on zillow.

LOL. You seem to have forgotten what you posted.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Lets break down the problems to sell this home. I spent a few decades in the Real Estate Business, so do understand it.

1: Tremendous amount of competition. A lot of homes for sale in the area. Get away from Zillow and go to Realtor.com to see a better picture of the market. A lot of competition in a slow market, will always slow down the potential to sell.

2: A lot of homes, have as much or more appeal that are much lower priced. People shop for the best home in a certain price range, and when they find homes considerably lower in price with the same appeal to the public, they overlook this home.

This is proven out, by now no one is even looking at the home. The homes that get the traffic (lookers) are the ones offering the most for the dollars spent. Yours is not getting shown, which is a good indicator that this is a major problem for the home.

3: You say there is lots of new construction with more neighborhood amenities, and as much as $100,000 less money. A big share of the people will much prefer a brand new home with more neighborhood amenities over a used home. They want to be the first to own it, and if the home is way less in money. This is a serious problem, and no showings kind of backs up this theory.

4: As has been already said, is all the brown. Brown gives the impression of dirty to many people. I remember a lady that listed a home with me back in 1972. Her home had been for sale for 9 months. I went and looked it, and found the walls were all pained brown. Market was real hot at the time. Told her I would not list it, unless she repainted it off white throughout. There were 3 offers all at full price in 24 hours after it went on the market. The buyer that got the home, had seen it before when it was brown, and would not buy it . Their Realtor told me, the house had been so dirty, they would not even consider it till the home was cleaned up. The home was not dirty, but this can give you an idea of how brown turns off buyers. I spent 10 years selling furniture and interior decorating in my younger days, and have more insight into this problem having worked with lots of people and know what they are looking for and what turns them off.

Fact: The listing agent will rarely if ever sells the home today. Everyone wants a buyers agent to help them find a home and to negotiate with the listing agent and seller. The home is offered over the usual media, etc., so it is not the agent is not doing anything wrong. It simply at this price, etc. and other factors are tuning off buyers.

You are in a very unpleasant position. If you go with the marked with all the competition around is is going to be really hard to impossible to find a buyer. If and when you find one, you will probably lose a lot more money than you already have.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Photos were professionally done. The house is only 7 years old. Gourmet kitchen with granite galore, grand morning room, hardwoods, all the upgrades. Over 3600 sq ft on a wooded lot. The problem I'm sure is all the competition with new construction in the area selling for 100k less. They don't have the sq footage but do have nice amenities. My development has very few amenities but supposedly a pool has finally been slated for completion by summer 2016. I'm already at rock bottom selling price, now having to pay a realtor commission. My only options as far as I can see are to wait a little longer, take it off the market, or go back to FSBO where I won't have the commission fee and where I can afford to lower the price a little more.
Why do you want to move?

What happens if you can't get sold for what you need or want out of the sale? Remember what you paid, invested, need or want out of a sale matters to non one other than you.

Will that new association pool result in a Special Assessment on owners? If so this will need to be disclosed. It's not uncommon for buyers to expect seller to pay Special Assessments in full, before closing.

Two weeks over Easter is not enough time to assess the market reaction.

My gut screams you are not priced to sell, given the competition.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Jones View Post
Oh my gosh!!!! Where are you? I have a zillion buyers and investors right now lining up for properties. I can't get enough listings for them! Can you post mls # or PM me address ? I am a realtor! I'll verify that.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:37 PM

835 posts, read 2,878,058 times
Quote:
Oh my gosh!!!! Where are you? I have a zillion buyers and investors right now lining up for properties. I can't get enough listings for them! Can you post mls # or PM me address ? I am a realtor! I'll verify that.
Hasn't my location already been established?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:52 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Hustling is against the TOS. So is impersonating a hustler. Please read and stop.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
I have 2 zillion buyers lined up. Can verify.

Proof:

Old 04-11-2015, 09:23 AM

835 posts, read 2,878,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Boy howdy, this thread took a dive, didn't it........? Interesting. LOL
That's how things always turn out on this board. and that's why I rarely use it anymore and I'm sorry I did this time. People are just so rude and inconsiderate, including most of the moderators. You wouldn't believe the rude and unprofessional responses that I've gotten when contacting one just recently! Apparently you can't be deleted off of the board either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate