Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,606,430 times

Advertisements

Snow oh no remember growing up with that in England !!!
Was 80 here in SA yesterday but cloudy today - never mind can't have it all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 01:40 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,276,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorobda View Post
I would really appreciate advise on my house also. MLS R2878513. Thank you so much. Any questions, please ask.

Robin

Your house looks really nice! A few very minor suggestions:

1. Facade - Reshoot the front facade pic without the basketball goal in the driveway and take the photo from the right side of the driveway rather than straight on. The current view makes the house look small, and based on the interior pics, it's not really a small house. Most houses look better photographed from a bit of an angle.

2. Living room - very nice The photo itself would be a bit better if it was reshot (or cropped) with more attention to the border. There's something jutting in on the left hand side of the photo -- maybe a door? Whenever you have something impinging on the photo it detracts from the room.

3. Dining room - reshoot horizontally. I realize your agent is trying to show the high ceiling, but the vertical shot makes the room look small. People also tend to wonder if there's something you're trying to hide if you show such a constricted view of a space.

4. Kitchen - take stuff off fridge and remove plant from above cabinets

5. Breakfast Nook - take a horizontal shot instead of the vertical and don't have date/time stamp on photo

6. Family room - remove plant from above entertainment center. Try to lighten up that end of the room -- even just an uplight between the end of the sofa and the entertainment center. Having so much dark brown makes the room feel heavy. Also, try taking the picture angled around so you don't get the breakfast bar in the frame.

7. Master bedroom - very nice but it would look even more spacious if you removed the armoire by the sliders to the patio. Also, the walls in this room appear to be very white and I don't see anything on them at all. You might try using a contrasting pair of curtains over the sliders to draw the eye toward them -- nothing garish of course, just something that's not white/beige to draw the eye and frame the view.

8. Master bath - not a great photo. Bathroom looks clean although it would be better to remove the colorful containers from the inside of your shower. The photo might possibly look better shot from the water closet so that you'd see more of the tub rather than looking at the toilet. If that doesn't work, then at least aiming down more so you see the double vanity rather than the top of the shower would probably be a more appealing view.

9. Girl's Room - very nice. Bright pink is a bit much, but for a child's room it's perfectly acceptable and very neat.

10. Hall bath - pull back the shower curtain. So many people don't do this and it makes me crazy. By closing the shower curtain you are effectively losing half the square footage in the bathroom. Just make sure the tub is immaculate and remove all toiletries, etc.

11. Boy's room/Guest room - I think that's a TV in the photo right inside the door. Take it out and reshoot the photo without it. It's cutting off the view of the room and making it feel smaller than it should. Also a mirror or something decorative in that corner to the right of the window would help.

12. Patio - take a horizontal photo instead of a vertical

13. Patio/exterior - excellent.

Also, the new kitchen is one of your biggest features. I would show multiple views, including a close-up of the finishes. Also, having a true master suite is a big feature, I'd probably take another shot of that bedroom from the sliders looking back -- I assume you can see the entrance to the master bath if you look that way. And, since the high ceilings are a selling feature, there's no reason not to take a pic specifically showing the high ceiling. Your agent can show up to 25 photos, so no need to skimp when showing important details. Finally, you appear to have a 2-car garage. It kind of blends into the background because of the small facade pic and the basketball hoop in the driveway. I'd take an individual picture showing the garage (either with the door down or with it open if the garage is neat -- particularly if there's any kind of storage or workshop space in there).

Good luck!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 33,032 times
Do you still have an agent?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Your house looks really nice! A few very minor suggestions:

1. Facade - Reshoot the front facade pic without the basketball goal in the driveway and take the photo from the right side of the driveway rather than straight on. The current view makes the house look small, and based on the interior pics, it's not really a small house. Most houses look better photographed from a bit of an angle.

2. Living room - very nice The photo itself would be a bit better if it was reshot (or cropped) with more attention to the border. There's something jutting in on the left hand side of the photo -- maybe a door? Whenever you have something impinging on the photo it detracts from the room.

3. Dining room - reshoot horizontally. I realize your agent is trying to show the high ceiling, but the vertical shot makes the room look small. People also tend to wonder if there's something you're trying to hide if you show such a constricted view of a space.

4. Kitchen - take stuff off fridge and remove plant from above cabinets

5. Breakfast Nook - take a horizontal shot instead of the vertical and don't have date/time stamp on photo

6. Family room - remove plant from above entertainment center. Try to lighten up that end of the room -- even just an uplight between the end of the sofa and the entertainment center. Having so much dark brown makes the room feel heavy. Also, try taking the picture angled around so you don't get the breakfast bar in the frame.

7. Master bedroom - very nice but it would look even more spacious if you removed the armoire by the sliders to the patio. Also, the walls in this room appear to be very white and I don't see anything on them at all. You might try using a contrasting pair of curtains over the sliders to draw the eye toward them -- nothing garish of course, just something that's not white/beige to draw the eye and frame the view.

8. Master bath - not a great photo. Bathroom looks clean although it would be better to remove the colorful containers from the inside of your shower. The photo might possibly look better shot from the water closet so that you'd see more of the tub rather than looking at the toilet. If that doesn't work, then at least aiming down more so you see the double vanity rather than the top of the shower would probably be a more appealing view.

9. Girl's Room - very nice. Bright pink is a bit much, but for a child's room it's perfectly acceptable and very neat.

10. Hall bath - pull back the shower curtain. So many people don't do this and it makes me crazy. By closing the shower curtain you are effectively losing half the square footage in the bathroom. Just make sure the tub is immaculate and remove all toiletries, etc.

11. Boy's room/Guest room - I think that's a TV in the photo right inside the door. Take it out and reshoot the photo without it. It's cutting off the view of the room and making it feel smaller than it should. Also a mirror or something decorative in that corner to the right of the window would help.

12. Patio - take a horizontal photo instead of a vertical

13. Patio/exterior - excellent.

Also, the new kitchen is one of your biggest features. I would show multiple views, including a close-up of the finishes. Also, having a true master suite is a big feature, I'd probably take another shot of that bedroom from the sliders looking back -- I assume you can see the entrance to the master bath if you look that way. And, since the high ceilings are a selling feature, there's no reason not to take a pic specifically showing the high ceiling. Your agent can show up to 25 photos, so no need to skimp when showing important details. Finally, you appear to have a 2-car garage. It kind of blends into the background because of the small facade pic and the basketball hoop in the driveway. I'd take an individual picture showing the garage (either with the door down or with it open if the garage is neat -- particularly if there's any kind of storage or workshop space in there).

Good luck!
Hi Intowne! You helped me so much with the pictures of my house, I'm hoping you won't mind looking at my new pictures (living room and bathroom) and geting your opinion. I wasn't able to take a horizonal picture of the bathroom (just too difficult) but I was able to get a better shot minus the door. I re arranged the living room furniture too. My realtor is posting these pictures on realtor.com today. I would love your opinion. Sorry for the hijack, op.
Attached Thumbnails
Why can't I sell my house ???-new-bathroom-picture.jpg   Why can't I sell my house ???-new-living-room.jpg  

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,564 times
The new pics look great surfing. The l/r looks big and clutter free. Didn't you have those tables going into the room before. Anyway, looks great . Good Luck, Liz

Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
The new pics look great surfing. The l/r looks big and clutter free. Didn't you have those tables going into the room before. Anyway, looks great . Good Luck, Liz
Thanks Liz. I did have those tables but I rearranged everything so that it had better flow (and i took out the tv that was never in any of the pictures).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate