Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Is this your buyer's agent?
Yes. I completed the paperwork today. The experience was a little unnerving, but I think everything is in order order. She forgot a couple of things on the Offer to Purchase and, since I have a terrible attention deficit (especially when I'm nervous) I'm surprised I caught them. She reprinted those pages and I initialed them. She seems to have trouble using the computer.

So now I just need to wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 01:11 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
When ever you have an inexperienced agent that is making mistakes always ask for the broker to inspect the contract before you sign it. Let he broker look for mistakes you may not catch.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
When ever you have an inexperienced agent that is making mistakes always ask for the broker to inspect the contract before you sign it. Let he broker look for mistakes you may not catch.
She is the owner/broker.

What she forgot to do was include the furnishings in the offer. The home did not come furnished but, under "agent remarks" on the listing was noted "furniture negotiable." So I was going to make a lower offer and use the furniture as a negotiating tool. She told me it's best to state exactly what I want to buy when making an offer. So I signed everything and was reading the section that states what personal property will be transferred from the seller to the buyer at no charge. It said "refrigerator, garbage disposal, electric range & oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer." I asked where the furniture was listed. She said it was on the contract, but I couldn't find it, so she examined it and said "I guess I forgot."

Old 09-19-2015, 10:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
All I can say, is she is either not very sharp or negligent. Any broker worth her salt as they say, would have gone over the contract and made sure it was don right before even giving it to you to read.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:47 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
is this woman also the listing agent?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
is this woman also the listing agent?
No. I think she was just in a rush. I met her in March and I've only seen about 7 properties, 5 of them in the same community. She's very nice, but I blame myself for calling her the 2nd time. She always seems to be frazzled. Twice she fell asleep when showing me property, although she's feeling much better now. She went through a very difficult time, but I think it's her age. I hate to even mention that because I'm old & forgetful, but I'm the client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate