Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 PM

366 posts, read 1,745,220 times

Advertisements

Okay, what am I missing? I can't see any links to her house. Where is everyone seeing the photos of the house? I see an ML number, but without knowing what city she's in, I can't look on realtor.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 10:31 PM

186 posts, read 1,062,002 times
If you go to realtor.com do the advanced search at the bottom you can enter the MLS number and it will pull it up.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:32 PM

186 posts, read 1,062,002 times
Very cute house!!!!! No yard would be the turn off for me. I have 3 kids so lots of yard space is important. Other then that I think the house is beautiful!!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM

366 posts, read 1,745,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones15 View Post
If you go to realtor.com do the advanced search at the bottom you can enter the MLS number and it will pull it up.
Thank you for this but I know that many cities can have the same MLS number. As you can see here, there are two that came up, although it's easy to see which would be the home she's talking about.

I always just figured that you would have to put the city in that you were searching the MLS number on realtor.com. See, you learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

I have to say, I cannot see how this home has not sold. Your agent has done a fabulous job with thr listing details and in placing multiple photos (which isn't cheap for the realtor on realtor.com). You have done a fabulous job getting the home ready for show. The only criticism I can offer has to do with photos. The front photo shows the home next door in an angle that makes it almost look like it's touching. Is it possible here to get a straight on photo that only shows your home? It's enough that someone might get there and it not bother them, but could bother them enough to not want to go there, if you know what I mean. It always worries me when you don't see any photos of the back. Is the garage attahced as it says in one place, but says detached too? Does your home back to anything that could be considered undesirable or front to anything? There has got to be some reason it hasn't sold as it's certainly priced good at for the sq. ft. offered. Good luck.

Last edited by RickMG; 02-23-2008 at 11:11 PM..

Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,750 times
I live not too far from you and in fact, I may have looked at your home (I believe I may have attended one of your open houses several months ago). Did your listing agent give you any other constructive tips? Your home is not quite what I'm looking for (the rear-entry garage bugged me but I know it appeals to most people...)

With a downstairs master, it has pretty wide-appeal (parents with teenage/adult children; empty nesters who need the extra space when children come home to visit, a single professional who perhaps would rent out the upstairs rooms but still enjoy a relatively large home). I know that in that price range and age of the home, there's a lot of competition, Addison Park, Twin Lakes, some of the new homes on the other side of 55. I know that CV-Legacy doesn't quite have as much caché as the other side of CV, but your home is well priced for our area.

Hopefully, the spring rush will be just what you need to sell the house.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
I did a little research for you. You bought your house at the peak in Aug. 2005 for 321k. That was during a peak. I'm sorry to say you can not expect to make a profit when you buy at the peak. I went into county records and in all of 2007 4 houses were sold. 1/07 $322k, 6/07 $337k, 5/07 $339, and 1/07 $325k. Your realtor should have given the real facts before you decided to build another house.

If you area only sold 4 houses last year and the last price was $322k back in November you are going to have a hard time selling regardless of how nice your home is. I would try lowering the price even more and come in lower than the competition.

Did you already start building the new house? Do you have another mortgage? If you didn't already start building I would hold off. If you did start building and you have another mortgage you need to dump this house. It's better to lose some money rather than end up in foreclosure because you can't carry 2 homes.

Good luck. I am sorry for all your troubles. Now is the time to get real and make the right decisions before you end up in financial ruin.

Lisa

Old 02-24-2008, 09:54 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I did a little research for you. You bought your house at the peak in Aug. 2005 for 321k. That was during a peak. I'm sorry to say you can not expect to make a profit when you buy at the peak. I went into county records and in all of 2007 4 houses were sold. 1/07 $322k, 6/07 $337k, 5/07 $339, and 1/07 $325k. Your realtor should have given the real facts before you decided to build another house.

If you area only sold 4 houses last year and the last price was $322k back in November you are going to have a hard time selling regardless of how nice your home is. I would try lowering the price even more and come in lower than the competition.
While facts are facts, respectfully, I disagree with the analysis.

It's generally accepted that locally, the Spring/Summer of 2006 (not 2005) was the top of the market. Between 2005 to 2006, we saw the highest gains, and between 2006 to 2007 was comparatively flat.

Moreover, those 3 of those 4 houses were ~3000 sq ft, and the one that went for 337k was 2600 sq ft, versus 3300 sq ft. From 3000 to 3300 sq ft represents a 10% jump. The current list price is in line with those numbers; the mean of those 4 houses is 330k, then adjusted upwards by 10%, 363k. The current asking price is a few thousand below that.

Listing in August was late in the selling season and we had a slow winter. Getting ready for the spring with a new agent and new marketing plan is a smart move. Of course lowering the price will improve your chances of a sale, but a 3300 sq ft house in the mid-300s in the Cedar Fork is priced pretty well. In comparison, in Dec, my friend just close on a house that was nearly 3900 sq ft in Twin Lakes (perhaps 1.5 mile away) for approximately 420k.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:10 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post

It's generally accepted that locally, the Spring/Summer of 2006 (not 2005) was the top of the market. Between 2005 to 2006, we saw the highest gains, and between 2006 to 2007 was comparatively flat.

Moreover, those 3 of those 4 houses were ~3000 sq ft, and the one that went for 337k was 2600 sq ft, versus 3300 sq ft. From 3000 to 3300 sq ft represents a 10% jump. The current list price is in line with those numbers; the mean of those 4 houses is 330k, then adjusted upwards by 10%, 363k. The current asking price is a few thousand below that.

Listing in August was late in the selling season and we had a slow winter. Getting ready for the spring with a new agent and new marketing plan is a smart move. Of course lowering the price will improve your chances of a sale, but a 3300 sq ft house in the mid-300s in the Cedar Fork is priced pretty well. In comparison, in Dec, my friend just close on a house that was nearly 3900 sq ft in Twin Lakes (perhaps 1.5 mile away) for approximately 420k.
Inventory has gone up 50% since beginning of January. The spring selling seaon is already in form in NC. There are 111 homes listed on realtor dot com just in Cary, NC from 325K-400K (and this doesnt even include all the fsbo's out there + foreclosures). Obv there is a flood of inventory....

People would overlook the tiny lot if she was priced more competitively.

Sharpen your pencil and forget about the appraisal...obv that is way off.

Get to your bottom line and don't fool around. Your not priced right. Market will get worse in your area before it gets better. The glut of homes on the market ain't moving anytime soon...

Also, in that style of home, where do you put your TV if you don't put it over the fireplace? (I'm familiar w/that style of home and can't seem to understand where the tv goes...)

Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post

You have a right to your opinion. But sales are down and 2008 doesn't look much better. There are less buyers and it is harder to qualify for mortgages. There are no more 0 down and interest only loans. Now you have to come up with 20% down. How many americans do you know that have a spare $60,000.00 lying around? I don't know any.

I hope your friend didn't make a HUGE mistake. We will still see more price drops. Personally I wouldn't buy anything yet.

Lisa

Old 02-24-2008, 10:36 AM

3 posts, read 2,198 times
So what would you list this house at?

As for where the tv goes...there are built in book shelves on both sides of the fire place and if you look on the left side, the tv fits in there...there is actually another shelf that can go in there, but our tv is quite large so it wont fit...the living room is also pre-wired for sound.

We actually signed the contract on this house on Jan 3,2005 even though we didnt close until end of August...so our house was actually priced pretty low when we purchased it compared to other homes in our area...and yes, there have only been 4 other houses that have closed, but like the other poster said, they were smaller than ours.

Thank you all for your feedback...it is nice to actually get some honest answers rather than just the standard, nice house but just started looking, so thank you. I did clean up the playroom and put alot of stuff away so it looks more organized and I put a cover on the couch....I also took down a bunch of pictures over the fireplace...we are having an open house today from 1:30-4 so wish us luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate