Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:12 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,724,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkern View Post
I live in NY and was unable to bring up the ML # of your home to view it. I'm not sure how the others saw it, but either way, here is my advice for what it is worth.
You're a real estate agent and you don't know how to search realtor dot com by MLS #????

For you or any other realtors who don't know how to do this, goto the main page and click on "advanced search" link. Scroll down and at the bottom it willl give you a blank box to type in the mls #. Most cases it will pull up more than one...

Would've thought this would be the first things you learn in training...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
hi - this can be frustrating for sure! my office (Realtor) uses a service called ShowingBook | Member Login | Hoboken New Jersey Real Estate Office Condos Houses Rentals they have a feedback email that gets sent to all agents that view the home and the seller gets the responses. so far it has worked well in my hoboken office. ask your Realtor to check them out- sbsupport@showingbook.com

Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,089,825 times
Hi--it's funny, we're in the market for a house in your area--but not till we get a contract on our house in FL--and I suspect that is the issue with a lot of people, esp. in that price point (since lots of people in that range already own and need to sell). I have seen your house a zillion times online and LOVE it--the only thing is that 1st exterior photo--its all bent out of shape, I can't really tell what it looks like!

The lot size is an issue for us to a degree--I'm really torn bc we have 1/3 acre in FL and honestly, my husband is the laziest man alive about taking care of it and I am worse. LOL. So I hate the caretaking but I do want space.

Yours would definitely be on our list to see when we are ready to buy, but there is a LOT to choose from out there!!! Is there ANY way you could take it off the market for 6mo?

It's not true that you have to have 20% down right now--that's media hype and I'm sick of it. If you have good credit you can get a loan. When we listed our house, if we'd gotten anywhere near asking price, we would have had 20% down. Now we've dropped it a lot...I mean A LOT (it is FL, one of the worst markets in the US)...we'll maybe put down 5% b/c we're barely going to make a dime. But you know what? We have excellent credit and have been preapproved by 2 banks to do 5% down, and one of them is a no-doc loan (we don't even have to prove income). So credit is there, if you have a good track record.

If you want to trade w/ us for our FL house it's a deal

Old 02-27-2008, 08:27 PM

11 posts, read 20,188 times
Hi CouponJack,

No, I never had a need to go to realtor.com. I've seen it yes, but never poked around much there. That is a consumer site. I go directly into my MLS system where I can get details on the properties that are not available on consumer websites. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the knowledge.

Terri

Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM

179 posts, read 297,689 times
I'm not a realtor, just came to this forum looking for some answers to some questions I had, so please take my point of view with a grain of salt.

You have a nice home, but it is on a small lot for a suburban area outside of Oahu, Bay Area, etc. That may be a problem for a price you are seeking. Also, checking on zillow for homes sold in you area, there is one two houses away that was sold for $305,000 or thereabouts. Not sure if this house is similar to yours, but even it's a bit smaller, that would put your price range too high perhaps.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:41 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,895,233 times
I took a look at your home...it's floor plan is almost like mine here in Charlotte bought new 2007. Aside from price, if I were you, I would re-stage the bonus room as a different room..perhaps neutralize it altogether as a separate bedroom as opposed to a nursery. Simple inexpensive window panels...perhaps a window seat, like a chest with a cushion on top. I think this would appeal more to a broader base (families without babies). You're right. There's nothing else you could do with lot size, and all the previous posts are good suggestions. Choose one room and dazzle it up...don't care if its even a bathroom. It could take just ONE room to hook a buyer who will turn a blind eye to everything else! When we were in the process of selling our home, you'd be surprised at some of the feedback from buyers..."oh theirs is the only one of three colonials (a positive) on a street with ranches. We don't like the ranches around us!" Duh...raze my neighbors' houses then!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM

75 posts, read 351,944 times
Very nice house. I would just suggest lowering the price. That will always help with the sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate