Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM

9 posts, read 30,216 times

Advertisements

My two story town house has been on the market since June of last year only one offer (90,000... )The MLS #is M11811249.
Also I heard the interests rates will be lowered again sometime in March do you think that will bring out some boyers? By the way I get alot of lookers but thats it.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
I couldn't find that MLS number. Can you double check it or provide a link?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:40 AM

9 posts, read 30,216 times
oops its M1181149
as for a link Im not too intelligent on the computer therefore I dont know how to do a link...sorry

Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
You need to take all of that stuff down from the top of the fridge. Having it up there will make people think there is not enough storage space.

Have your agent add some photos or info about the master bedroom (size). I could do without seeing the pool or the front of the building in order to see more of the inside.

You have a 25 year old condo. Has anything been updated? I can't tell from the pic, but those cabinets look like they are original. No pic of the bathrooms.

How much are the fees? If they are high it adds to the monthly cost of living there.

Have your agent get rid of that annoying scrolling message and put the info where it can be easily viewed.

Here is the link Condo/Townhouse/Co-Op - 9040 SW 203 Te Unit: 9040, Miami, FL, 33189 - Realtor.com

Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,659 times
Can you give us a little more history since you've been listed since last June? Have you talked to your agent about sold comps? Have you reduced the price at all? How's your competition- is there a lot for sale? Have sold? Have been removed from market?

I do think you need to some staging/updating but depends on how badly you want it sold. It needs to be updated but that may or may not be possible. I would also check out your competition to see what other people looking at your home may be looking at and that will give you a good indication on whether you are priced right. We are going to list our home soon and I am looking at 3-4 properties next week that I owuld also consider if I was a buyer. In our case, our home is 3 yrs old, but competing with new construction in an infill area so it needs to be perfect.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,317,959 times
I agree-get the stuff off of the top of the fridge. AND, get most of the stuff off of your countertops. Your kitchen is on the small size, so by taking the stuff off of the counters it will make the space seem bigger. (Like put the canisters in a cabinet and maybe only leave out the coffee pot)
It may be worth putting some neutral carpet in...the blue is a little outdated. Go to a discount carpet place and at least get an estimate.
If your closets are full, take some items and put them in boxes and either put under your bed or keep at a friends home. Go in thirds...use one third of your closet and let 2/3 empty so it looks more spacious.
And, maybe paint some neutral colors...everything is very white and bare. A nice neutral (like shaker beige or lighter like believable buff) is nice.
Good luck!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM

786 posts, read 3,926,118 times
I would recommend painting the interior a neutral color, like a taupe, to make it feel warmer and homier. I personally don't like it when I look at a property and all the walls are white.

I would also remove the sunflower items, they are cute but don't appeal to all buyers. Also, maybe have the tile professionally cleaned or re-grouted. I know it is impossible to keep grout clean but it might help.

Best wishes selling your condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate