Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM

27 posts, read 90,231 times

Advertisements

Our house has been on the market since 1 month now. We are not happy with our current realtor.
Does anyone know if we can work with someone else?(we have a 6 months contract with this realtor).

Thanks for your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,976 times
OMG!!! I WISH 1 Month was an eternity to me!!!

Sorry but, last April ( 2007) I listed my home. I was assured they had a buyer that was anxiously awaiting OUR property!!

SOOOO.......we moved to Florida (on the beach, DIRECTLY!!)

Then...months went by and, we too had a 6 month contract!! It expired in October (2007). We hemmed and hawed and, decided to move back to our home in Canon City, Colorado!! 10 days left now!!! YAY!!

Can you even possibly imagine the expense??? Our morgage in CO. at 2000.00 a month...plus water plus electric plus gas plus insurance ,...etc..

We would have at the very LEASTsaved 45,000.00 more dollars in the bank!! SAD!!!
I know that we have bigger bills than most ( with lawn care people and astronomical utilities but, we thought they were a thing of the past!!
I am glad now that my home did not sell...but still...all of the promises! SHEESH!!!!

I'd say IF you are unhappy with your Realtor....TALK to them...that is the only way to save $$$ and tons of heartache!! Maybe, just maybe, they will deal with you!!
Good Luck!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Tell the realtor how you feel and call the broker if nothing changes and don't wait another week to call the broker. Good Luck.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,976,886 times
Why are you unhappy?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,192 times
If you are upset with your realtor because it has taken more than one month to sell your house you really need to look at the market right now. If you are not happy with your realtor I would talk to them. Sometimes they will let you out of your contract. You also need to look at what price you are asking for and what condition your house is in. These two things are big factors when trying to sell. Also remember that most all realtors get on the same data base and see all of the same houses on the market for their clients. I would say a majority of the time it is not the listing agent that brings the buyers rather another agent that looks at the same data base and brings their buyers. Hope that makes sense.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,858 times
I would definitely talk to the agent. If there is something you want done that isn't, give them the chance to address these. The average days on the market here is over 100. Be aware of your local stats. Most agents would let you out of the contract if you are unhappy.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 PM

11,824 posts, read 34,425,536 times
Please tell us why specifically you are unhappy.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 90,231 times
Why are we unhappy?
We are unhappy because of her lack of communication and respect of our feelings.
The showing activity is good and the price seems right, we just don't get along.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 AM

286 posts, read 1,322,073 times
You say you are getting showings, which is a good sign that your property is well priced. Since it is already on the market, and taking it off the market to re-list with someone else will cause you to lose time marketing your house, I would advise expressing your unhappiness with the realtor. He/She may not be aware of your unhappiness. If you do not get any results with your agent, speak with the Managing Broker for the firm. The listing is actually with the FIRM, not the agent (unless the agent IS the Managing Broker). You can always have the listing re-assigned to someone else within the firm and your property continues to be listed and shown.

Good luck.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:19 PM

20 posts, read 71,803 times
Let your agent know that you are not happy.
If you never let your agent know that you are not satisfied then how do they know to fix the problem?? They work for you!!!
Secondly make sure that you have done everything possible to sell your home quickly. Properly cleaning, open for show at all times. Is your home priced right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate