Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:57 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,113,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I agree; some actually prefer that the owner be there to explain any issues that arise or answer any questions that come up.
Good point. I've never had a seller attend an inspection, but I wouldn't be disturbed by it. It might actually be helpful, plus I think by the time you get to the inspection, you're past the point of feeling you can't speak freely about the house just because a seller is there. And at least the seller would then see that repairs were genuinely needed and not just something being added to a list to get money from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 11:05 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,582,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Good point. I've never had a seller attend an inspection, but I wouldn't be disturbed by it. It might actually be helpful, plus I think by the time you get to the inspection, you're past the point of feeling you can't speak freely about the house just because a seller is there. And at least the seller would then see that repairs were genuinely needed and not just something being added to a list to get money from them.
I happened to be home both times the inspector came by to inspect the house I was selling. I just followed him around and answered any questions he had, as I had nothing to hide.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:14 PM

219 posts, read 448,478 times
We have sold 4 homes in the past 20 years...each one in a different state...and have been asked to leave every time for the inspection.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:55 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,032,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtxn View Post
We have sold 4 homes in the past 20 years...each one in a different state...and have been asked to leave every time for the inspection.
I have sold at least 4 houses in one state and have never left the house. Until closing, I own the home and no one can legally tell you to leave the property.

The last sale, I would not allow the listing agent to enter the property. She had to wait on the porch.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have sold at least 4 houses in one state and have never left the house. Until closing, I own the home and no one can legally tell you to leave the property.

The last sale, I would not allow the listing agent to enter the property. She had to wait on the porch.
Why would you not allow your own agent into the house?

Old 06-16-2017, 01:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Why would you not allow your own agent into the house?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Wonder if they at least offered them some lemonade or something while they waited outside .

Old 06-16-2017, 02:04 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
I'm assuming LowonLuck meant the buyer's agent (?). Maybe to keep him/her from making negative comments to unduly influence the buyer. But he or she is most likely going to read the report anyway.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:52 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm assuming LowonLuck meant the buyer's agent (?). Maybe to keep him/her from making negative comments to unduly influence the buyer. But he or she is most likely going to read the report anyway.
Yeah maybe , but by the time an inspection is done the buyers agent would of already put time and effort into the deal and you would think they wouldn't want to sabotage the deal and start all over, the whole process .
But you never know .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate