Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 11:33 AM

5,854 posts, read 5,295,343 times

Advertisements

We had just found out that our house is listed on Zillow & Trulia as a foreclosure. It WAS a foreclosure when we bought it 4 years ago. In fact, on the listing it does say when we bought it and how much we paid. It also says that it is bank owned-we bought it out-right. The bank does not own it. It also has the same description as it did 4 years ago. On Realtor.com it says "off market" on those two sites it says "contact for estimate" or "contact foreclosure agent."

The person who told us that it is on there said that he called his real estate agent about it. I wondering how many other people are asking about it.

How did these sites make such a mistake and how do we get the house off of these sites?

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 11:35 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,656,592 times
We are supposed to have only one bathroom and no air conditioning. We have two bathrooms and central air via heat pump.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:42 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,244,339 times
Good luck with Zillow!

when you typed through to your address, it should have popped up a "Are you the homeowner" box. If not, then look around on the page to see if there's any reporting function.

also, given ourmodern tech society, you could probably Twitter-shame them into changing it.

But I know of MANY Zillow "foreclosures/preforeclosures/short sales" in my area that are not at all in those categories.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,656,592 times
It is more fun to wait and see how long it takes them to get it right. We are retired and not planning to sell so it doesn't really matter to us.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is more fun to wait and see how long it takes them to get it right. We are retired and not planning to sell so it doesn't really matter to us.

That's a good point. I guess people will just notify their real estate agents and their agents will tell them that it is not for sale. I think the only way we will be affected by it is if people knock at our door to check out the house.

Cat

Old 07-08-2017, 01:19 PM

43,353 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
To quote Rocket:

"Oohhhh, yeahhhh."

Old 07-08-2017, 01:20 PM

43,353 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
That's a good point. I guess people will just notify their real estate agents and their agents will tell them that it is not for sale. I think the only way we will be affected by it is if people knock at our door to check out the house.

Cat
You may get letters or other contact from idiots who took a class in birddogging, and then troll "pre-foreclosures" so their "mentors" can try to scam the owners out of their properties.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:22 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,832,489 times
It's just a third party site, why do you care so much? You're not listed for sale, so don't worry about it. The agents who pay money for leads from buyers who are looking at properties on those sites that sold years ago are the ones who should care and should be upset with the out-dated information as they're paying money for the leads.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:46 PM

3,219 posts, read 2,443,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
We had just found out that our house is listed on Zillow & Trulia as a foreclosure. It WAS a foreclosure when we bought it 4 years ago. In fact, on the listing it does say when we bought it and how much we paid. It also says that it is bank owned-we bought it out-right. The bank does not own it. It also has the same description as it did 4 years ago. On Realtor.com it says "off market" on those two sites it says "contact for estimate" or "contact foreclosure agent."

The person who told us that it is on there said that he called his real estate agent about it. I wondering how many other people are asking about it.

How did these sites make such a mistake and how do we get the house off of these sites?

Cat
Claim the home as your own then email Zillow about the information being incorrect. The problem with Zillow is that they often get information from public records but they don't read that information correctly or fail to update properly after the fact. They did that with a neighbor's house. They bought land in the same subdivision but Zillow shows the sale of the land as the sale price of the house which is about $200K less than what the house is worth because the public documents showed their mailing address as the house address not the land address.

As to why you might be concerned, neighbors may be looking up home values in the area and see your house as preforeclosure and think you are in financial trouble. Claiming the house though you could put in the description that the house is NOT in foreclosure that Zillow is idiotic ;-)

Edited: Just checked my neighbors house and they correct it.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
It's just a third party site, why do you care so much? You're not listed for sale, so don't worry about it. The agents who pay money for leads from buyers who are looking at properties on those sites that sold years ago are the ones who should care and should be upset with the out-dated information as they're paying money for the leads.

You are right. When I posted this thread, I was just in shock at the thought of our house being listed. But, after thinking about it for a while, it really isn't any big deal for us.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate