Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,532,567 times

Advertisements

My grandma lived with me when I was single. I'd come home and she'd be having a loud party, like we had when I was a kid.

I get up about 2 hours before hubs. My dad sits in my husband work chair at home and makes it squeak. At first I thought it was my husband, would say his name and no one was there. So now it happens and say hey dad good to hear you.

Yes I am a bit psychic but oddly only to myself. Which many cannot do themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 08:27 AM

11,006 posts, read 22,056,212 times
Never listed one or showed one. Don't believe in them either.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,541,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
You are the second person mentioning to me recently if some one dies in a house the house will be haunted. Well hubby died here in the living room in his recliner as was his choice. I have had a couple ghost like things happen but nothing really frightening. I also seem to remember if listing house you need to disclose some one died in it. Is that true? Not at all thinking of listing my house. Just curious about the need for disclosure. Often feel like his presence is here but then not positive if it is just because we lived here 8 years together before he died and my subconscious is just remembering him here or what.
Based on your user name and location listed, you are in Idaho. You do not need to disclose a death in the house in Idaho, nor do you have to disclose a "stigmatized property" such as a haunted house. In fact, even if directly asked by a buyer, in writing, you can decline to answer. You can't lie, but you can decline.

I've posted a link on the forums before to the appropriate code, but the Idaho Code search function seems to be not working this morning, and I don't remember offhand which code number it is. But I'm sure of it. I've worked in a real estate office in Boise for 16 years and this question has come up a few times, because some of the local real estate instructors were teaching it incorrectly in their classes and we pulled the code and send it to the people who approve the classes to make sure the instructors were informed on what they were teaching.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:40 AM

32,741 posts, read 48,376,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
....... You do not need to disclose ........
If I had a haunted house, I'd be bragging about it, put it in big bold letters in the listing, and charge extra for the house. Lots of people would love to have their own ghost.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,935,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Based on your user name and location listed, you are in Idaho. You do not need to disclose a death in the house in Idaho, nor do you have to disclose a "stigmatized property" such as a haunted house. In fact, even if directly asked by a buyer, in writing, you can decline to answer. You can't lie, but you can decline.

I've posted a link on the forums before to the appropriate code, but the Idaho Code search function seems to be not working this morning, and I don't remember offhand which code number it is. But I'm sure of it. I've worked in a real estate office in Boise for 16 years and this question has come up a few times, because some of the local real estate instructors were teaching it incorrectly in their classes and we pulled the code and send it to the people who approve the classes to make sure the instructors were informed on what they were teaching.
Thank you very much for this information. House is in trust but we all knows life has twists and turns and some thing could change, as it has already, down the road and I would have to suddenly sell. Hope not as it will be one of those hard to sell houses because of my mosaic art work in many rooms attached to the walls. My house I am going to live in it as I love. Many are fascinated but maybe not buyers. If this house sold I would guarantee I would be the ghost haunting it.

And yes I am in Midvale Idaho. Howdy Neighbor. We are only 100 miles apart from my front door to St Lukes Front door. I do not know much else of the territory down there. HA which in elevation is up to us here but every one calls it down there?? Hahaha only in Idaho.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If I had a haunted house, I'd be bragging about it, put it in big bold letters in the listing, and charge extra for the house. Lots of people would love to have their own ghost.
Well the biggest thing inside the house was his pill boxes, I had not emptied and should have after he was gone just could not do it, flying off the pantry shelf and hitting me in the shoulder . Long story. I honestly felt at that very instant he had done this and stamped my foot called out his name then laughed as it was so bizarre to have this have happened. I was about three foot from them so they had to come off the shelf with force to hit me. Did not hurt of course only plastic pill boxes many of us old timers use. I am not displeased to have him haunting me. He had a wicked sense of humor always making me laugh. I would take the haunting's as friendly. Maybe I should write a message and hide it some where for new owners to find some day. Telling them about their ghost. I will work on coming up with the perfect hiding place.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,050,055 times
Our first house (Built in 1893) was supposedly haunted, but we never saw or heard anything in 9 years. When we went to sell it one couple asked us if the house was haunted and we said we had never seen or heard anything. "Well then we are not interested. thank you."

Old 10-06-2017, 10:36 AM

7,501 posts, read 4,747,412 times
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmO7tehUewQ

Old 10-06-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Thank you for posting this. What an amazing house. So lovely. Even with her ghost.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,103,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to that old house.
If you remember the address, you can google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate