Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:05 PM

7,336 posts, read 4,131,451 times

Advertisements

If you do live out of your car, join Planet Fitness Health Club. It is $11 per month per person. They have nice bathrooms, showers, hair dryers, etc. I think most of all hot water would be hard to live without.

We offered one landlord twice the initial deposit for an apartment if he would allow us to bring our cat. He took offer. Don't be afraid to negotiate terms.

Don't use Payday or another company's loans. Bad medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 09:17 PM

79 posts, read 68,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Don't use Payday or another company's loans. Bad medicine.
I, in my always solid financial decision making, would absolutely take out just about any loan right now to save my home. Unfortunately/fortunately, there aren't a lot of options for me with my current credit score and the laws in my state.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It's a problem of lack of affordable housing for those that need it. The very rich and powerful don't want to contribute by way of paying their fair share of taxes, they just want more money to hoard that they don't need and will never spend. They just want to pay less taxes and cut programs that poor and working poor rely on.
Need is not a claim. Needing something does not give you the right to mandate that others provide it for you. There is no right to affordable housing, or any housing. There is no “fair” amount of money to steal from others to make your life easier. And, housing in this country is easily affordable to those with a bit of discipline and focus who take care of business and don’t make bad choices. Need is NOT a claim.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:55 PM

478 posts, read 417,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You make me laugh...DO YOU READ?

They are looking into the option that I suggested to them, and already thanked me.

You and others like you - are the ones with the "judgement"
Yes. I did read. Maybe you should try it. Nothing in the post I quoted was anything but you straining your arm to pat yourself on the back while looking down your nose. **** off.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Need is not a claim. Needing something does not give you the right to mandate that others provide it for you. There is no right to affordable housing, or any housing. There is no “fair” amount of money to steal from others to make your life easier. And, housing in this country is easily affordable to those with a bit of discipline and focus who take care of business and don’t make bad choices. Need is NOT a claim.
My problem isn't "affordable" housing. I can afford the rent payments for almost all available properties in my area.

It's just amazing how finely some people look at their rental properties lol...a busted '83 mobile home that's falling apart...they slapped some cheap paint on the walls. $700 a month, need clean background check, must have 640+ credit score, no pets, no smokers, 2 years of rental references.

I get it. I'm not mad at them for not renting to me. I do kinda wonder who they will end up with, though. People think that it's easy to rent trailers, but at least in my area, that is not the case. The owners/property managers are just as picky about renters for trailers as they are for $200,000 houses.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 PM

For this beautiful trailer, example:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/apa/d...835275843.html

Quote:
Deposit will be required and is typically equal to the monthly rent. Good credit and clean backgrounds can be worked with. Credit score of 600 or better. If you do not know your score please check CreditKarma.com or your bank for guidance. Drug charges, domestic charges and felonies should be addressed prior to application. Prior evictions or current judgments will not be considered. Great rental history is like GOLD. That would include; pays on time, took great care of property, followed all lease requirements, gave proper notice when vacating unit.

We are not set up to accept Section 8 housing vouchers. Income must be documented and at least $2200 per month.

*ABSOLUTELY NO PETS!*

Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 PM

Another beautiful home:

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...835794307.html

Quote:
An application is required and is $35 (cash) for one adult and $45 for two. Rental history and references are needed, along with employment info proof of income, picture ID and proof of social security number. We do criminal background checks. Security deposits are typically the same amount as the rent but can be higher based on rental history.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 PM

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...840914962.html

Quote:
Applicants will be required to provide a copy of criminal background check as well as a copy of civil suits, both can be obtained from courthouse.
Nice mobile home on large private lot, not in a park, ample parking, well maintained home, ready for occupancy. Must be employed for 6 months. Application is $40 each. All adults over 18 must apply.
https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...827952990.html

Quote:
NO PETS.

An application is required on all adults. We need rental history, references, employment verification and proof of income. Income must be verifiable at 3 times the amount of the rent. Security Deposit is the same amount as the rent but can be higher based on application. We also screen criminal background records.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:53 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
Why don't you try peer to peer lending sites to borrow the money to pay off the bank? It is legal to borrow money on peer to peer lending in North Carolina. Here is a link to six peer to peer lending websites.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...g-websites.asp

As I've said before, your best and cheapest place to live is right where you are. In fact, your ONLY place to live is right where you are! You've figured out that you are simply not going to be able to find a rental, what with the bad credit, recent foreclosure, pets, and husband with a criminal record.

You can raise the money on peer to peer lending websites. Sure, it's going to be expensive, but it's really your only option at this point. You can refinance out of it in a year or two, as your credit improves (assuming you stop spending, protect your assets from your drug abusing spouse, and keep earning). In fact, the entire amount that you owe is relatively very little, for a secure place to live. On what you're currently earning, you could theoretically pay it off in about two years with some very serious belt tightening, if you tried, and if you could stop the hemorrhaging by denying your partner access to your money. If by some miracle your spouse were to also work, you could pay it off in a year, between the two of you.

I don't understand what's stopping you from doing this.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Why don't you try peer to peer lending sites to borrow the money to pay off the bank? It is legal to borrow money on peer to peer lending in North Carolina. Here is a link to six peer to peer lending websites.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...g-websites.asp

As I've said before, your best and cheapest place to live is right where you are. In fact, your ONLY place to live is right where you are! You've figured out that you are simply not going to be able to find a rental, what with the bad credit, recent foreclosure, pets, and husband with a criminal record.

You can raise the money on peer to peer lending websites. Sure, it's going to be expensive, but it's really your only option at this point. You can refinance out of it in a year or two, as your credit improves (assuming you stop spending, protect your assets from your drug abusing spouse, and keep earning). In fact, the entire amount that you owe is relatively very little, for a secure place to live. On what you're currently earning, you could theoretically pay it off in about two years with some very serious belt tightening, if you tried, and if you could stop the hemorrhaging by denying your partner access to your money. If by some miracle your spouse were to also work, you could pay it off in a year, between the two of you.

I don't understand what's stopping you from doing this.
Upstart and Lending Club both turned me down. I will try the others from your list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate