U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
 
523 posts, read 1,358,184 times
Reputation: 134

Advertisements

Oh wait... those are negative signs, my bad.

The following data represents the median price of all homes sold in March 2008 as compared to the median price of all homes sold in March 2007 (year over year price trends).

Fairfax County, VA -13%
Prince William County, VA -30%
Loudoun County, VA -20%
Washington D.C. -8%

MRIS Statistics

Last edited by mojo_1979; 04-10-2008 at 09:51 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 AM
 
56 posts, read 149,545 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_1979 View Post
Oh wait... those are negative signs, my bad.

The following data represents the median price of all homes sold in March 2008 as compared to the median price of all homes sold in March 2007 (year over year price trends).

Fairfax County, VA -13%
Prince William County, VA -30%
Loudoun County, VA -20%
Washington D.C. -8%

MRIS Statistics
Do you know of a site like this that tracks sales statistics for the Hampton Roads area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,053 posts, read 79,947,245 times
Reputation: 27683
/sarcasm on
Hey, don't believe those independent statistics you read.

Listen to the mass media and government/corporate analysts who tell us everything is ok, we've hit bottom and good times are ahead so go out and buy something.

Salaries are up, the banking institutions have been bailed out, builders are getting some big bucks and the subprime borrowers in trouble will get some counciling so they won't do it again. Times are good..get out there and BUY !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
 
523 posts, read 1,358,184 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
/sarcasm on
Hey, don't believe those independent statistics you read.

Listen to the mass media and government/corporate analysts who tell us everything is ok, we've hit bottom and good times are ahead so go out and buy something.

Salaries are up, the banking institutions have been bailed out, builders are getting some big bucks and the subprime borrowers in trouble will get some counciling so they won't do it again. Times are good..get out there and BUY !
Well duh... Lawrence Yun and the NAR already said we've hit bottom. Or was that last month? Wait - maybe that was last year? No, I think the NAR said we've hit a permanently high plateau.

Either way, its a great time to buy. I know this because I just saw the NAR commercial on t.v. telling me that my house will double in value in 10 years and that buying a home is the best way to create wealth. I think I need to puke now!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,116 posts, read 16,721,965 times
Reputation: 3719
How do pendings, under contract, inventory levels all YOY look for that market?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
110 posts, read 485,939 times
Reputation: 68
Awesome resource.. another one for my bag of tricks!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 PM
 
523 posts, read 1,358,184 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
How do pendings, under contract, inventory levels all YOY look for that market?
Inventory went through the roof last year but it is even higher this year. The link below is a great resource.

Alexandria Inventory
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 PM
 
523 posts, read 1,358,184 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandspur_321 View Post
Do you know of a site like this that tracks sales statistics for the Hampton Roads area?
Unfortunately I don't have any data sources for that area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
>
Powered by Foreclosure.com
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top