Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 07:52 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFisher View Post
As a photography enthusiast, I feel the property pictures in 99.9% of listings are c-r-a-p. Yes snapping pictures with a point-and-shoot camera is free, does the job of letting buyers roughly see the place, and the pictures will never replace a onsite visit anyway, but I really think better photos can make properties more appealing to buyers and will definitely generate more enquiries.

Case and point: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...11251526_zpid/

In this listing, I feel the pictures do not do the beautiful place justice. It's obvious these pictures were taken by an amateur. And there are so many pictures of practically the same shot! For what?! A more serious photographer amateur can easily take pictures that make the place look like the national park.

If I were to take pictures to show case this property, this is what I will do:

--document more fully the place, interior and exterior
--shots with better angles and perspectives
--some close-ups
--bringing more elements into one picture
--since the inside is so woody, include subjects that are not wood to mix things up
--include shots that showcase activities around the pond
--shots at dawn or dusk that gives the place a sense of serenity
--wild life that could be on the property
--vegetation
--maybe even some underwater fish shots
--organize the presentation better

Do you think pictures like these will help generate interest on the house? And are real estate agents/companies willing to pay for such service?

I am really surprised that in an era of over packaging, the real estate business is still not trying to make the best first impression.
Wow! I just can't believe there was 100+ photos on this listing. I stopped looking well before I got to the end. They definitely lost me once they had 10 photos in a row that were all fairly similar. This agent did an absolutely atrocious job selecting photos to use.

It's possible a pro (although not a good one) took these photos. They were definitely taken with a DSLR camera and a super wide angle lens. Some of them are obviously drone shots. A handful of them have been really poorly photoshopped to make the sky blue and the grass more green. Those photos just look so oversaturated. Terrible! There's a service that you see mentioned on Realtor Facebook groups a lot called Box Brownie that does terrible photo editing like this. The white balance is definitely off in some of these photos and several of them are crooked as well. Just not a good job with taking the photos or selecting the ones to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Yep, me too. I'm so sick of trying to figure out if that reflection in the mirror is the bedroom or the hall. Giving a floorplan is so easy - it needn't be to scale, just so people can understand what's there, which floor it's on (especially useful about bathrooms) and where it is in the house.
Boggles my mind that having a floor plan made for marketing purposes is not standard practice in the industry. It's such helpful information to have. I've had a few instances where a client says "get my house on the market now!" and so I'm not able to get one done but generally all of my listings have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 06:55 AM

4,610 posts, read 3,306,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

Boggles my mind that having a floor plan made for marketing purposes is not standard practice in the industry. It's such helpful information to have. I've had a few instances where a client says "get my house on the market now!" and so I'm not able to get one done but generally all of my listings have them.
It is standard in the British real estate industry, and so helpful. Many times I go to the floor plan before ever looking at all the pictures just to see if my requisites are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate