Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:10 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I don't think I have ever gotten any crazy feedback, but I do have real estate agent friend who was showing buyers a house and they LOVED it. She had shown them many, and thought this is it!

As they were getting ready to leave the house and write up an offer, the wife turned to her husband and said "we can't buy this house. I just realized there is no where to put grandma's hutch."

Apparently she inherited a rather large (quite ugly hutch, per the agent) that HAD to go with them to a house. They were purchasing a house that would fit the hutch...
Heh - that reminds me of that HGTV show where the buyers are shown three houses and you see which one that chose at the end? One episode showed some dumb redneck (I'm from the South so I can say that ) shopping for a house where the garage fit his monster truck. Yi Haw Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
Also, we had a showing where we had to leave the house for two hours. About 15 minutes before we were due back to the house the showing service called to say they had made a mistake and the showing was actually the next day. The feed back from
the showing service for that day showed that the owner had cancelled the appt.

Go figure!
Sounds like you have the same meatheads that work at my showing service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 01:15 PM

104 posts, read 387,664 times
I have a fenced yard, dog door and chain link kennels in my back yard as I used to run a kennel/grooming shop out of my house. My agent has to be at all my showings as I am petrified someone might let the dogs out by mistake. They are retired Greyhounds and they will run and run and run. If the weather is nice she will put the dogs (3) out in the kennels. If it is raining she puts them on the enclosed porch and closes off the dog door. A lot of people who look at the house like the dogs and tell her not to bother to put them in the kennels. I also have an African Grey parrot who says "good morning" and "go lie down" when anyone comes in. We have had some great remarks over him. I live in the country so I think people looking at my house are a bit more tolerant.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineL View Post
I have a fenced yard, dog door and chain link kennels in my back yard as I used to run a kennel/grooming shop out of my house. My agent has to be at all my showings as I am petrified someone might let the dogs out by mistake. They are retired Greyhounds and they will run and run and run. If the weather is nice she will put the dogs (3) out in the kennels. If it is raining she puts them on the enclosed porch and closes off the dog door. A lot of people who look at the house like the dogs and tell her not to bother to put them in the kennels. I also have an African Grey parrot who says "good morning" and "go lie down" when anyone comes in. We have had some great remarks over him. I live in the country so I think people looking at my house are a bit more tolerant.

Christine, we have also had ex racing greyhounds...we worked with GPA out of Orange County, CA for many years..ours have since passed on and when we moved here to the utah desert we had to stop due to our HOA..we already have 3 of our own...

Anyway you are right, they will run and not look back. I was never so paranoid about dogs getting out as I was with the greys....good idea to have your agent there. I don't blame you a bit. Take care

Old 05-04-2008, 03:54 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
We had another open house today, and what do you know? No stupid comments. We even had 3 serious house hunters

Old 05-04-2008, 03:58 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
We had another open house today, and what do you know? No stupid comments. We even had 3 serious house hunters
Yay!! Hopefully one of those will come with an offer

Old 05-04-2008, 04:11 PM

104 posts, read 387,664 times
Dogmom - My boys came from GPA in Central New Hampshire.

Here's hoping we all sell our homes very quickly!!! Best of luck to everyone.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
That's awesome! We are going through the inspection part of selling. Hopefully, we will be in a SOLD situation in the next week!

Good luck to you and may your offers be what you are expecting and your sale bring you happiness!

Old 05-06-2008, 01:14 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
That's awesome! We are going through the inspection part of selling. Hopefully, we will be in a SOLD situation in the next week!

Good luck to you and may your offers be what you are expecting and your sale bring you happiness!
Good for you!

I was wrong. I just found out that someone did make an annoying comment. This house hunter wanted to make an offer. Tells agent, he's not making the offer until I lower the price of the house To what? So he can offer a little less and look like he's making a great offer on my house? Agent tells him to make the offer he feels is appropriate; seller will negotiate. No offer

Old 05-06-2008, 02:16 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,524 times
I've been listed on the market for a week and a half. Four showings, one cancellation, and one low ball offer.

After one showing, I had to leave the doors and windows open for several hours because the smell of cheap aftershave and body odor was so strong. I'm fairly sure they looked in the dresser drawers upstairs.

My pet peeve, because I'm an artist and work at home, people who want to talk about my artwork, my taste in music, and how much they like my furniture and possessions, but don't really look at the house. We're not friends...I'm trying to sell you the house!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
GACK! You guys are scaring me! I decided to drop over here and see what's going on as we are going to put ours up within the next month or so. I can just imagine what people will have to say about ours! Unfortunately, I am very afraid that we won't get near what we want out of it. It is well worth it as far as the house, but we are located in a small rural community that is about 45 minutes from anything decent. But we have already closed on our house in SC and we need to get this one moving.

But I'm definately giggling about the 3 vs. 4 bedrooms and the 1.5 vs. 2 baths. It is totally amazing how many people do NOT read things! Even in other things I find that to be the case.

Did anyone else read on either cnn.com about how in the UK people are starting this thing about making an offer on a house and then less than 24 hours before the paperwork is signed they come back and tell the people that unless the lower the price they won't sign the papers???? They are calling it "gazundering" and there is even some website that is encouraging buyers to do it! That would totally tick me off big time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate