Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM

29 posts, read 69,253 times

Advertisements

After a showing I found the realtors card on my counter and she had written me a note stating that if I was interested in selling a footstool that I have she would like to buy it because it would look great in one of the rooms in her house.......I think that is nervy !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,627 times
Worst reply we got was not verbal, but some kid(s) left about 10 dirty hand prints all over our house. We couldn't figure out who it was because it happened when we were out of town for a week and there were about 10 showings. Luckily, we still got an offer despite the lasting impressions..

Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
Default door unlocked

how about this!

"Thanks for letting me show this property. The front door was unlocked and the key in the lockbox did not fit the door lock. The buyer was a little nervous as we entered and went through the house. We only saw the front room, one bedroom and the kitchen."

Several other realtors had already shown the house and the key worked fine. I guess these people are not used to the country where its safe to leave your house unlocked. My teenaged daughter had accidently left it unlocked when she left to go next door to grandmas.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
I can match many of the posts with my place for sale but I thought I would share this as a feed back I gave yrs ago as a buyer. Opened wide and inserted foot x2s...Looked at a house in the right area, right price and I was so excited, ready to right the offer b4 I even finished going room to room. Then I walked into the hall bath and the toilet was a child size like a foot from floor to seat. Okay thats minor, new toilet okay. Then I walked into the kitchen and all of the cabinets were like 28" high, custom made. The wall cabinets were chest high. I started laughing and told the realtor I just couldnt handle them, I would have to be on my knees to cook. She went back and told the sellers agent that. And come to find out the couple were little people and they were offended and told me not to come back. How in the heck was I to know. It looked like a sample project from the builders.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,339,930 times
Default Little people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I can match many of the posts with my place for sale but I thought I would share this as a feed back I gave yrs ago as a buyer. Opened wide and inserted foot x2s...Looked at a house in the right area, right price and I was so excited, ready to right the offer b4 I even finished going room to room. Then I walked into the hall bath and the toilet was a child size like a foot from floor to seat. Okay thats minor, new toilet okay. Then I walked into the kitchen and all of the cabinets were like 28" high, custom made. The wall cabinets were chest high. I started laughing and told the realtor I just couldnt handle them, I would have to be on my knees to cook. She went back and told the sellers agent that. And come to find out the couple were little people and they were offended and told me not to come back. How in the heck was I to know. It looked like a sample project from the builders.
I had a listing like that a long time ago. The seller and his wife had a really nice home in a very desirable area of suburban Chicago. I think he was an attorney with corporate clients. Sharp guy. They were little. Like less than 4 feet tall. Kitchen had cabinets like for a doll house. I suggested that they do a quickie remodel (in fact that was how I got the listing, somebody recommended me as guy who would buy places and put in new kitchens to sell or rent out...). They thought that was wasteful and didn't want to move until closing.

I went along and did no public open houses even though that was very much the thing that most people expected. I did send out cards to other agents telling them about about "a wonderful house that owners have customized to suit their needs". More than a few other agents thought I sugar coated too much. We did get a nice offer and the sellers were good about giving a fair price based on the fact that the buyer would have to "decustomize". Worked out well for all. I think the couple selling it retired to and got a motorhome. Probably had everything custom. Nice people.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
I wasnt trying to be rude but I think a warning might of prepared me. the customized to suit their needs is a good discription.
When I first started looking at houses in Fl. I went to one that was advertised as a complete remodel and horse ready, FSBO. WOW that was so wrong. The first thing you see when you pulled up was a toilet! They added a "bath" alright, right in front of the pretty new glass storm door, in the middle of the "bonus" room. It went down hill from there!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:44 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Have you considered giving a painting allowance?
A painting allowance??? You've got to be kidding ... Just when I thought I've heard it all.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A painting allowance??? You've got to be kidding ... Just when I thought I've heard it all.
Not uncommon at all.
If someone has a home that they painted to their liking but realize everyone may not like the color scheme, they offer an allowance so the new owners can paint to their liking.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,467,288 times
Yeah, I see painting allowances on a lot of transactions.

On the guy with the "yard is too nice" comment. That could also mean they were looking for a low maintenance yard. I despise yardwork, and probably would not buy a house that had a professionally landscaped yard with lots of planting areas. I prefer one I can mow, weed a little and be done with.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Yeah, I see painting allowances on a lot of transactions.

On the guy with the "yard is too nice" comment. That could also mean they were looking for a low maintenance yard. I despise yardwork, and probably would not buy a house that had a professionally landscaped yard with lots of planting areas. I prefer one I can mow, weed a little and be done with.
Or they have kids and want them to have room to play not worry about trampling the flowers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate