Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 09:52 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

It's Alaska, dead animal heads will greet you everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 01:10 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's Alaska, dead animal heads will greet you everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Sorry, this is NOT TRUE! I have lived up here for decades and can't think of a single friend who has deal animal heads dangling from their AK walls. Dead animals in their homes can be found in the freezer, cans, or jars. Don't you just LOVE ignorant stereotyping?

Old 09-12-2020, 04:12 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
I don't understand trophy hunting. That animal that's killed struggled so hard to stay alive in the wild and human comes along and takes its life without even giving the animal a chance to escape like if they were being preyed upon by wolves and got away. Then humans stuff the heads and hang them proudly. Sickening.

My sister's family are hunters and they fill their freezer with moose or elk once a year. Her husband is a sausage maker and meat cutter for a living. They honor the animal and say a prayer for it thanking it for the meat. There are no "trophies" displayed in their house.

Old 09-12-2020, 04:29 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Sorry, this is NOT TRUE! I have lived up here for decades and can't think of a single friend who has deal animal heads dangling from their AK walls. Dead animals in their homes can be found in the freezer, cans, or jars. Don't you just LOVE ignorant stereotyping?
Or just joking around. I would imagine that those who mount the heads, are eating the rest of the animal.

Sorry, when I was in Alaska, I saw lots of mounted animal heads. Didn't realize this was a sensitive issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-13-2020, 10:57 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I don't understand trophy hunting. That animal that's killed struggled so hard to stay alive in the wild and human comes along and takes its life without even giving the animal a chance to escape like if they were being preyed upon by wolves and got away. Then humans stuff the heads and hang them proudly. Sickening.

My sister's family are hunters and they fill their freezer with moose or elk once a year. Her husband is a sausage maker and meat cutter for a living. They honor the animal and say a prayer for it thanking it for the meat. There are no "trophies" displayed in their house.
People who like it understand it. You don't have to like it, approve of it, or care about it. And certainly no prayer to dead animals is necessary, nor does it accomplish anything that can be discerned. Vegans will tell you that eating the meat makes no difference to the unethical conduct of the kill. Of course I disagree with so-called "ethical" vegans, and I think they are a bit loony, but they say eating the kill does NOTHING to justify it since, they say, there is no reason at all to eat meat.

So what we have is a lot of opinions. And the freedom to ignore them and do what we enjoy. In this case, just live and let live. Trophy hunters enjoy the kill, and there is nothing wrong with that. You don't, so don't go trophy hunting. This is all so simple when we respect freedom.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
No more or less "offensive" than any other decor that I don't, personally, cotton to.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:06 AM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The most disturbing thing about that listing is the price!
Gotta agree with you on this.

While it's a nice place, it's not "$750K" nice. At least in Alaska. It's a solid $275K house, all day.

Seems the way the OP portrayed this thread, is they represent the seller, and the seller hasn't gotten any nibbles. Could be due to the pricing, I dunno.

Old 09-14-2020, 01:02 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I'm undisturbed.

THIS one, on the other hand weirded me out a bit:

https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-...-house-photos/

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 09-14-2020 at 02:17 PM..

Old 09-14-2020, 01:12 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm undisturbed.

THIS one, on the other and weirded me out a bit:

https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-...-house-photos/

I just wouldn't touch anything and that carpet has to GO.

Old 09-14-2020, 01:43 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,247,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Gotta agree with you on this.

While it's a nice place, it's not "$750K" nice. At least in Alaska. It's a solid $275K house, all day.

Seems the way the OP portrayed this thread, is they represent the seller, and the seller hasn't gotten any nibbles. Could be due to the pricing, I dunno.
ive looked at RE in Alaska, are there any decent houses in Anc for 275k? Thats not hardly any money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate