Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 07:20 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Even though they don't have all information, never hit ok or agreed on a disclosure? Fees and terms never discussed?
Your sarcasm meter is broken. I was joking. You have no commitment to the agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 08:46 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
There may be a less sinister interpretation to this situation. It's possible that all they meant was that according to the internal system for assigning agents at that agency, they have now assigned that agent to work with you or respond to future communications from you.

Obviously, if you haven't signed any kind of contract with them you are not obligated to the agency or the agent.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:17 PM

6,480 posts, read 10,353,739 times
Mule muffins! I am not arguing with the prior post.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:22 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,908,150 times
Quote:
That phone call didn't make them my official agent?
No.

Quote:
Or if I do buy a property that was listed on their website they are entitled to a sellers commission?
That's possible. Depends on the property and who the listing agent is.

Quote:
The recorded line isn't substituting for paper or docu sign/e signatures in the time of virus? Is it?
No.

Word to the wise: When you look at ads on those real estate sites, scroll around until you find the words "Listed By" or "Listing Agent." You'll see a name. That's the person you want to call if you want to see the house. Don't click on any buttons.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:10 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
There may be a less sinister interpretation to this situation. It's possible that all they meant was that according to the internal system for assigning agents at that agency, they have now assigned that agent to work with you or respond to future communications from you.

Obviously, if you haven't signed any kind of contract with them you are not obligated to the agency or the agent.
I agree with this... I don't think it's necessarily sinister if they sent you an email thanking you for the contact and volunteering to be your agent.

And unless you've SIGNED an agreement or completed more work than just answering a website signup inquiry, I can't imagine any of them has any claim to commission unless and until they show you a property.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:25 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post

Word to the wise: When you look at ads on those real estate sites, scroll around until you find the words "Listed By" or "Listing Agent." You'll see a name. That's the person you want to call if you want to see the house. Don't click on any buttons.
This is ANOTHER joke in this thread, right? ? ?

In case you're serious, calling the listing agent is the last thing to do. Do some research to find yourself a good agent, then go see the house.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:01 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

I think you're correct. That was actually my assumption as well.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:03 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
You are a victim of clickbait, trigger leads. You should stay away from all of the sites except for realtor.com If you want to know interest rates, approximate closing costs or whatever, come here on CD and ask away.

Anytime you log into a site via your google ID or FB, you are flashing a neon sign saying HIT ME UP. Stop doing that. Do not enter your contact information in any sites. EVER. Even better, cruise the web incognito.
you mean the "leads" I got from a Google placement for a house from

Ben Dover
Minja Ownbidness

etal, were not legitimate?

Old 05-10-2021, 10:06 AM

6,480 posts, read 10,353,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you mean the "leads" I got from a Google placement for a house from

Ben Dover
Minja Ownbidness

etal, were not legitimate?
I think he works for the Realtor firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate