Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 05:55 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
See the original post. Signed.
What did the agent do that was unethical or illegal? Not much at all, it appears. Now, if you were to say the agent was sloppy, that might have some accuracy.
As you know each state is different. She didn't sign over grant deed. She doesn't have to go through with it. Realtors especially ones that play games (or are sloppy like you say) have no time for court so it will slide that she signed one of at least 4 sigs needed. Please don't attempt to scare her. People negotiate until the last sig: grant deed. In big cities that can be more common.
Unsure where she lives but she can take on the power of that. Any lawyer will take a look at this this insane thing she signed and know it's not right. She is still the seller and this exchange between the two of them is irrelevant. I have sat here and watched my s/o cancel on his buyer after all sorts of stuff was signed. And when he does the realtor reappears. No more assistants and s/o is treated like gold. They want grant deed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 06:02 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
As you know each state is different. She didn't sign over grant deed. She doesn't have to go through with it. Realtors especially ones that play games (or are sloppy like you say) have no time for court so it will slide that she signed one of at least 4 sigs needed. Please don't attempt to scare her. People negotiate until the last sig: grant deed. In big cities that can be more common.
Unsure where she lives but she can take on the power of that. Any lawyer will take a look at this this insane thing she signed and know it's not right. She is still the seller and this exchange between the two of them is irrelevant. I have sat here and watched my s/o cancel on his buyer after all sorts of stuff was signed. And when he does the realtor reappears. No more assistants and s/o is treated like gold. They want grant deed.

"Legally binding contract" has meaning in all states, no?

Tell me what her contract says. And, if you don't know what "specific performance" is, you probably should pipe down.
I am willing to assume the OP has a legitimate issue and questions. They should be taken seriously, rather than used as a springboard for ranting and goofiness.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:13 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,949 times
There you go: "Ranting and goofiness." Thanks for being so dismissive.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
There you go: "Ranting and goofiness." Thanks for being so dismissive.

Oh, no. I like people to see things clearly, and try to use accurate descriptive language.
Your posts are neither accurate nor helpful on the topic, but may well lead the OP into doing something hurtful to themselves.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:21 AM

6,017 posts, read 3,739,793 times
A "proof of funds" with no name on the documents is no proof at all, IMO. The realtor was wrong to substitute her judgement for the seller's judgement. There is no document nor inherent right for her to do so. And if the realtor told the seller that signing the contract didn't really constitute acceptance, then again, the realtor is WRONG. Another example of a highly trained and highly ethical realtor.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:23 AM

6,017 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Oh, no. I like people to see things clearly, and try to use accurate descriptive language.
Your posts are neither accurate nor helpful on the topic, but may well lead the OP into doing something hurtful to themselves.
So it's OK for the realtor to misuse her position and perform acts for which she has no legal right to do as long as you think it's in the best interest of the seller? What school do they teach that in?

Old 07-13-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
So it's OK for the realtor to misuse her position and perform acts for which she has no legal right to do as long as you think it's in the best interest of the seller? What school do they teach that in?

"...ranting and goofiness..." fit this jump of logic and/or intellectual integrity, too.

I rationalize nothing the agent did, clearly.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:11 AM

557 posts, read 297,679 times
Proof of Funds Is just that. The statement needs to have a current date and cover the price.
The statement does not have to have a name. Perhaps parents or other parties are providing the funds. That is not the seller's business.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:18 AM

84 posts, read 94,553 times
When I asked my realtor is it normal for there to be no name on proof of funds she replied "it's not abnormal."

I expressed to her right away that I thought what she did was unacceptable. She apologized and said that she "overstepped her bounds."

When she accepted the offer she went ahead and sent the signed contract (Contract for Sale and Purchase.) I had signed this contract at her instruction because she told me that if proof of funds came through we needed this ready to go to return to the buyer to finalize the deal. Apparently she didn't think it was important for ME to see the proof of funds and make my own decision. She looked at what they sent and it was good enough for her so she accepted and didn't let me know they'd ever sent proof. Didn't even notify me she had accepted the offer. I only became aware of what she had done because she sent me a text saying "inspection is Thursday."

The proof of funds documentation looks to me like someone logged in to their investment accounts online, so the date does appear on the page (it says balance as of July 9) but no name anywhere. I personally can't imagine trying to send proof of funds and not having my name attached to the documentation in any way. But again my realtor claims this is "not abnormal."

I really think I'll just have to hope it all works out and that we make it to closing and they actually have the money.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:54 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer81 View Post
When I asked my realtor is it normal for there to be no name on proof of funds she replied "it's not abnormal."

I expressed to her right away that I thought what she did was unacceptable. She apologized and said that she "overstepped her bounds."

When she accepted the offer she went ahead and sent the signed contract (Contract for Sale and Purchase.) I had signed this contract at her instruction because she told me that if proof of funds came through we needed this ready to go to return to the buyer to finalize the deal. Apparently she didn't think it was important for ME to see the proof of funds and make my own decision. She looked at what they sent and it was good enough for her so she accepted and didn't let me know they'd ever sent proof. Didn't even notify me she had accepted the offer. I only became aware of what she had done because she sent me a text saying "inspection is Thursday."

The proof of funds documentation looks to me like someone logged in to their investment accounts online, so the date does appear on the page (it says balance as of July 9) but no name anywhere. I personally can't imagine trying to send proof of funds and not having my name attached to the documentation in any way. But again my realtor claims this is "not abnormal."

I really think I'll just have to hope it all works out and that we make it to closing and they actually have the money.
My seller accepted a screenshot of my account as proof of funds. I just looked at the screenshot; it does not have my name on it.

I offered to provide a bank letter but the realtor told me it was unnecessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate