Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 04:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Just curious, why do you think they deserve to get sued? I am not defending them, but a blanket statement like you posted helps nobody.
In my case, the CMA was unprofessional, uninformed, and frankly negligent.

If I had listed my home ( which I didn't) it would have been about 40% below current market value.

The agent had no clue about the market he was in, and should not have been allowed in my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 05:57 AM

5,151 posts, read 3,080,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
This sale was just recently? I got a rather low offer on my house from OD. I have been wondering if it's because the house is in a Retirement community in Florida. Which limits the amount of buyers because of the age restriction.There are a number of homes for sale now, and this time last year there were very few. I guess alot of us have become tired of Florida and it's issues and crowds. I know I have.
The estate sold the home to Open Door last April in a fairly hot RE market, Lawrenceville, GA. There were numerous plumbing and structural issues, all fully disclosed, but OD’s representatives didn’t seem to care about any of the details.

RE agents don’t want to talk about it, but I think the prices for resales here in Arizona are starting to ratchet downward. Could be the same in your area and the OD computer model is anticipating the trend.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:16 AM

9,526 posts, read 16,507,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
The estate sold the home to Open Door last April in a fairly hot RE market, Lawrenceville, GA. There were numerous plumbing and structural issues, all fully disclosed, but OD’s representatives didn’t seem to care about any of the details.

RE agents don’t want to talk about it, but I think the prices for resales here in Arizona are starting to ratchet downward. Could be the same in your area and the OD computer model is anticipating the trend.
Did OpenDoor have a representative go to the home in Georgia, or was it one of those video's they ask sellers to make?

I agree the price of homes is on a downward spiral right now be it Arizona, Florida or most places USA. That's another reason that is pushing me to sell. I have a horrible fear of being stuck in a Retirement Community in state that doesn't really appeal to me, with a house with little equity in it. Call it instincts but I think the US housing market may be headed for some trouble. I may be wrong but I don't want to be stuck here. Florida seems like such a fickle unstable state to me.

It's good that Georgia home sold when it did. Most likely the Open Door offer that was made then would be lower today.

Old 02-17-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Did OpenDoor have a representative go to the home in Georgia, or was it one of those video's they ask sellers to make?

I agree the price of homes is on a downward spiral right now be it Arizona, Florida or most places USA. That's another reason that is pushing me to sell. I have a horrible fear of being stuck in a Retirement Community in state that doesn't really appeal to me, with a house with little equity in it. Call it instincts but I think the US housing market may be headed for some trouble. I may be wrong but I don't want to be stuck here. Florida seems like such a fickle unstable state to me.

It's good that Georgia home sold when it did. Most likely the Open Door offer that was made then would be lower today.
OD asked for a video tour of the interior of the house after it was cleared out. A few days later they sent a representative and he only looked at the exterior, never set foot inside. We had another bid from a renovation/flipper company, Barrington Acquisitions, but they were $90K under the OD offer.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
OD asked for a video tour of the interior of the house after it was cleared out. A few days later they sent a representative and he only looked at the exterior, never set foot inside. We had another bid from a renovation/flipper company, Barrington Acquisitions, but they were $90K under the OD offer.
Thanks. What do you think of the $62 million OD is having to refund to sellers?. I wonder if everyone that sold their house to OD is involved in this refund, or is it just certain sellers.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks. What do you think of the $62 million OD is having to refund to sellers?. I wonder if everyone that sold their house to OD is involved in this refund, or is it just certain sellers.
I really can’t comment about the settlement. From a seller’s perspective the two experiences we’ve had with OD have been efficient and above board, and I’ve never felt they misrepresented anything or took advantage of their position as a cash buyer. If anything the company acted foolishly by skipping due diligence and inspections.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I really can’t comment about the settlement. From a seller’s perspective the two experiences we’ve had with OD have been efficient and above board, and I’ve never felt they misrepresented anything or took advantage of their position as a cash buyer. If anything the company acted foolishly by skipping due diligence and inspections.
Right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate