Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,823 times

Advertisements

I think this is just me being nervous, since I'm getting ready to close on my first home (closing is set to be done sometime before 6/19). The appraisal just came in and it's going through final underwriting now for the loan. My LO says everything is fine, but it just seems like this would be done by now? Is it normal for this process to still be going on this close to the closing date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibul View Post
I think this is just me being nervous, since I'm getting ready to close on my first home (closing is set to be done sometime before 6/19). The appraisal just came in and it's going through final underwriting now for the loan. My LO says everything is fine, but it just seems like this would be done by now? Is it normal for this process to still be going on this close to the closing date?
I think you're fine - there's a week to get final approval, wire money and overnight the documents to your closing attorney. My closing is two weeks from tomorrow and the appraisal was just ordered within the past couple of days. I'm more worried about our repair negotiations than the loan getting done in time!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Lenders always seem to wait till the last minute to get their work finalized. If your were closing Christmas 2009, you're agent would be calling them on Christmas eve wondering where the loan docs are.

Be patient

Old 06-12-2008, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,823 times
OK, I spoke too soon. This is what my realtor said:

Quote:
We got the title work yesterday--that was the last thing we needed. It should get submitted to Indiana Housing now by LO. I know Indiana Housing has a 72 hour turn around time. Once it comes out of Indiana Housing, it goes to LO's underwriter (which doesn't take too long as it's already been approved once). OnOnce it gets our of LO's underwriter, we're ready to schedule the closing! I'll let you know when it's out of Indiana Housing!
So it sounds like it'll end up finalized the day before we need to close at this rate (6/19). lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate