Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 03:56 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

Hey Rothbear.....any chance you coudl have had parvovirus ( it is fith disease in children) sorta like Lyme.....I guess they are doing the RA work up...so that will be good. have they checked your thyroid...you would be surprised how that little booger can mess with ya.....will be thinking of ya

You guys hang out, I gotta few things to do. Now I have a CD addiction, one fo rthe other huh. heh heh
Think I will post one of my old original poems later, if I can find the folder...

Y'all have anything cool to post (like the pups) or make up a poem, please please post it too!!!
B B soon

okay peeps, anyone get rid of anything today? I took pics of some things to put on Craigs later....

Old 08-07-2008, 04:51 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Anitajas

Good Luck on your showing. Will be praying for you. Feedback on my showing lastnight. Loved the home, but was to hard to find. WHAT!! first I have ever from a realtor. She actually called me 5 times because she was lost and couldn't read a map. If you could have only heard my realtor relaying it to me...but still on there short list. Still on everyones short list.
I wonder about these agents, she couldn't read a map...as a buyer that might make me a little nervous, lol. Good luck on your showing..gee that was almost as good as my grass sniffers that were here 5x

Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 PM

99 posts, read 180,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I wonder about these agents, she couldn't read a map...as a buyer that might make me a little nervous, lol. Good luck on your showing..gee that was almost as good as my grass sniffers that were here 5x
Did they ever end up buying a house, do you know?

Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey Rothbear.....any chance you coudl have had parvovirus ( it is fith disease in children) sorta like Lyme.....I guess they are doing the RA work up...so that will be good. have they checked your thyroid...you would be surprised how that little booger can mess with ya.....will be thinking of ya

okay peeps, anyone get rid of anything today? I took pics of some things to put on Craigs later....
Who knows what happened........I only know that it started happening several weeks after getting some kind of bug bite that reacted strongly. I thought parvo was mainly from animals or handling animal excrement carelessly. Haven't been around any lately, though. She also did thyroid and it came back well within normal ranges.

We got rid of a bunch of clothes, a bunch of stuffed animals and one old computer over the weekend. Does that count?? We found out that PA is one of the areas that they are trying out this deal between Dell and Goodwill. You can drop off old computer electronics at Goodwill and they pack them up and send them to a central place (here it's Pittsburgh) where Dell gets them and then recycles them. They can either be rebuilt and go to distressed schools or other groups, or if they just aren't good at all Dell will properly destroy them. I think the Goodwill stores gets some kind of credit, too. And we get a tax writeoff! Of course it took forever to get the hard drive cleaned off and wiped!

Once we have a big yard sale in September the rest of the stuff will be donated somewhere. I have several things on Craigslist right not, but no takers so far. I don't think people want to come clear up here to pick anything up even if it is a great deal. But we have Goodwill up the road and some other place downtown that will get a huge donation of whatever is left. Then the only things we will have left to sell are the collectibles.....Hummels, Boyds Bearstones, Hallmark, Precious Moments, Cherished Teddies and Charming Tails! And Annette Funicello bears, too.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
great version of margaritaville, crazyma, you really got a talent there!!! hmmm...thinking of another one for us. anyway, as far for me getting rid of stuff, i actually did a little shopping today, couldnt help it. i feel like so much of my stuff is packed up and i kinda miss it. ok, that's pathetic and materialistic. it's just stuff.
rothbear, good info on getting rid of computers. do you know if it's state wide about goodwill taking computers, or just your area of PA? i guess i can call. if so i may need some help on how to clean out the hard drive!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
stoymonkey.........here is the link with the info:

RECONNECT - Drop-off recycling for used electronics and computers (http://www.reconnectpartnership.com/index.html - broken link)

If you go to the top you will find a list of participating Goodwills. I figured that the computer we had was too old to even try and sell, so it's really better this way anyhow.

As far as cleaning out the hard drive, just delete all the extraneous programs and files (leave Windows stuff intact) and empty the waste. Then go to www.download.com and download a file for wiping your hard drive. I used No Recover. I saved it to my regular computer and then put it on a diskette for use in the old computer. I just loaded the diskette and followed the directions. it took a couple hours to do, though. Then when it was all done, I just formatted the hard drive. I then tried to boot it up just to check and it wouldn't boot up without a Windows disc or recovery disc. The No Recover software writes something over all the unused space on the hard drive making it unrecoverable. That's the reason for deleting all the other files first. That makes it "unused" so that it will be written over.

Last edited by rothbear; 08-07-2008 at 06:03 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM

79 posts, read 144,500 times
When we de-cluttered I took a lot of our things to a high end consignment shop. I couldn't believe the money I got for them. What's neat is after 60 days and a few price reductions if your items don't sell they take the stuff to the Goodwill, so it's a win-win situation! Worth checking out.......

Hubby's work buddies gave him a really nice going away luncheon. For an ironworker shop they went all out! Tomorrow he works his last 4 hours and then we pray the job he interviewed for in Portland comes through.............

Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Wow the posse has been busy!
Thanks Rothbear for the old computer info, especially the hard drive zapper. Yes ! of course the weekend cleanout counts! Everything is cool in crazy world!

Stoy...shopping?! Hee hee, whatever makes you feel good. Did you ever just buy some stuff, just to buy it, then take it back a few days later???? uh huh I have

Ow Michie...you don't know if hubby got the Portland job yet? You must be doing what we were gpoing to do...see which comes first, sell the house or new job??

oh me, I need to run up to the library, books are due...that's my other addiction...books are like manna from heaven to me

Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
thanks rothbear. no crazyma, when i buy something, i can always find a reason i need it. oh, except clothes, i buy things, then wonder what the heck i was thinking. those i take back.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM

79 posts, read 144,500 times
Crazyma-yeah, in this market we decided to sell if we could ASAP. We went on the market April 21st and we close August 18th. We have a plan B if this job doesn't come through, but don't really want to go there. It would be a huge pay cut. Luckily at this point in our lives we're debt free except for a new house of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate