Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times

Advertisements

Mornin! Did I step back in time here? Never had big hair just straight hair down to the butt and a lot of BIG hoops danglin' from the ears. Didn't like disco alot but Aerosmith, Bowie, and such. Dated a guy with hair half way down his back, oh my...I still have my embroidered jean jacket too!

Lacey, Are you feelin it? Those buyers are looking...

No word on our showin last nite at the little hse, I know they showed thou so that is good.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:16 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Mornin! Did I step back in time here? Never had big hair just straight hair down to the butt and a lot of BIG hoops danglin' from the ears. Didn't like disco alot but Aerosmith, Bowie, and such. Dated a guy with hair half way down his back, oh my...I still have my embroidered jean jacket too!

Lacey, Are you feelin it? Those buyers are looking...

No word on our showin last nite at the little hse, I know they showed thou so that is good.

Hope you get sold Painter! Embroidered jeans, remember them well.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Fingers crossed Painter!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:24 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Speaking of Joe the Plumber, where's Joe been?? Are ya out there still?
Crazy, Even though i was young I loved disco music in the 70's. My husband and I had lots of disco at our wedding, we "tried" to do the hustle but im sure no one recognized it, haha. We had wanted our DJ to go all out in bell bottoms and butterfly collar but we couldnt find any.
Good luck on that one, Painter!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:37 AM

Tam, Long hair freaky people need not apply! Dont forget the peasant tops and crochet bags. For me barefoot or boots too.

would you believe some newscaster asked Joe the plumber if he was going to run for congress!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Tam, Long hair freaky people need not apply! Dont forget the peasant tops and crochet bags. For me barefoot or boots too.

would you believe some newscaster asked Joe the plumber if he was going to run for congress!
Hey, I'm staying away from political comments (at least on this thread, lol)...but yeah, too funny about the fashions. It's so funny how when you hear music from when you were in your twenties, it brings it all back...love it How about Earth shoes?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Good morning all...cuckoo clock just announced it's 7 a.m. Our son and fiance arrived yesterday...got busy drinking beer, eating guacamole and chips, then took a nap...went to Ocean Shores last night for seafood, came back and we all crashed...We are taking a drive up the coast today sometime and go look at our nuke towers that STARE at us all here in town..built years ago, never used....they just stand there...lol

The twin Satsop towers dominate the landscape in the Satsop river valley. International flights from the far east and Australia use the towers to mark their approach to Seattle . It was the towers elegant curves that inspired the Satsop Development Park architects in their design of this unique business park. What they designed was an environmentally friendly business park - with international connectivity and acres of growth potential - in a low density, employee friendly, urban environment.

It is centrally located between Seattle and Portland, 25 minutes from I-5 and the Washington State capital of Olympia and less than an hours drive to the Pacific ocean, Olympic National Park and Puget Sound.

The Satsop plants with their distinctive cooling towers are among five begun by the ill-fated Washington Public Power Supply System. Only one, at the Hanford nuclear reservation, was completed before the effort failed in the early 1980s.

The WPPSS nuclear-plant construction program collapsed in the early 1980s under the pressure of rising costs, high interest rates and overestimated demand for electricity. The $2.25 billion municipal bond default was the largest of its kind at the time.

SATSOP, Wash. now a high-tech business park created at the site of the twin nuclear reactors there.

A little history of our 'nukes'...

Old 10-25-2008, 08:16 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Wink Age

Ok, I'll come clean...I turned 55 on June 21st...I admit it...double nickles, lol..some days I feel 40, some days 55, other days 90. This move really took it out of both of us..the stress and the physical move. Hubby is 63..he feels it worse than I...sometimes I wonder what happened to that cute young couple we were? If I had some pictures around would post one from our wedding..can you say blue polyester and disco? lol

Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM

Tam Did not think about it politically. I rather be a plumber, lol. I will have to say I was in my teens, late teens!! I still listen to the music except now it is on CD's instead of 8 tracks and my dd listens to alot of it also, which is cool!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:22 AM

Hey Dogmon, I can say Bluuueeee! My dd found a prom picture of me when we were packing up here and she laughed so hard. My date had wore the blue and black tux with a ruffled shirt from his brothers wedding the week before. But I will say the only reason I went to the prom was for a credit in my psychi class, I had to be at work at 5 a.m. that next morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate