Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,773 times

Advertisements

Morning,
Dogmom, Another here with a sleepless nite, toss, turn, stare, hot, cold, nap ect....You ever feel and I know you do that something is gonna happen? That anxious feeling you just can not shake?

Lorri, That is so so wonderful for you and your hubby. Waiting on those test are just the worse thing. Mom died of L>C. and I still smoke too. When the Drs told her to quit she said "you just gave me 6 mon and now you want to take away my 1 pleasure in life?" She lived 2 yrs and didn't quit till about 2 months befor she passed.

Raising, This guy is just plain stubborn, probably doesn't want to sell because it is part of the divorce so he has turned stupid. Wait 30 days and he will probably lower his price again when the ex finds out.

It sounds exactly like your boxer had a seizure. That is what my boy does, it is short and then he is fine. There are things that bring them on and riding in a car is one of them, repetition like flashing lites, chasing back & forth ect. They sometimes get lazy/tired for a day or so after and they can get attached to your hip before and after. They are scarry, the last one here was just last week and it was different than the rest and I thought I was gonna loose him.

Lacy, You and dh doing alright this a.m.?

It looks like you all have sent some of the rain to me, its plain dreary looking outside.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM

620 posts, read 1,952,427 times
Painter-Is your fur baby on any meds or anything? Did the vet tell you anything that you can do? I am going to research about it. I am sure it is just because she is getting older. We already prepared the boys because, I think they are in denial that she is getting old. She acts just like a puppy still and it can be deceiving. We got her when my middle son was only 11 months old. He is now almost 14!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 AM

The vet told me that this is more common than you would think, that if they are infrequant you would never even know. Ranger is 4 yrs and has had 5 total. Nothing to severe and overall health is good. I wanted test to be run and he told me that 95% chance it would not show the cause and that the best way to figure it out would for a seizure to happen while at the office. Said to monitor them, what he was doing prior, how long they last, his reaction afterwards. Until they happen often not to do anything. So my best advice is to keep an eye on him and if he has another withing 10 days then go to the vet. That is what they told me that if he has 2 within 7-10 days then they would look into epilepsy. Now I do recall reading somewhere that older dogs may develope some type of seizures especially large breeds, which is all I ever have. Oh and no he isn't on any meds.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 AM

959 posts, read 1,826,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hammy-know your by the cities and they said there were very strong winds and damage. You okay down there?

The rain here has been some of the hardest I've ever seen.

I am here! You guys have been so busy!

We did not get any wind damage but man is it windy! Now - snow.

Connor is still sick (can I say, I love that you guys call him little ham) and so we are going on lots of night without much sleep. It stinks. But he seems to be getting better. He wanted to go to school today because they have a fire engine coming to visit so he really wanted to see it.

Now I am off to catch up!

Kristine

Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 AM

959 posts, read 1,826,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post

Let me explain the ordeal we are now into with the lovely sellers to help paint a clear picture.

The house we bid on original price was 270,000. This is what the seller paid according to tax records too. We can't help that he probably over paid and now the market isn't supporting his original price.

We all know as sellers you really have to "let go" of your original asking price. It could have been inflated to begin with.

Anyhow... he is asking 251,900 now. The seller reduced it last week.

We offered 245,000. Seller countered at 248,000. My dh wanted to talk to his friends at work. ( Two people live in the same neighborhood.) They all said to offer 246,000. One told him that since it was a buyers market to offer 244,000 now! LOL

Anyhow, our agent called us and said the seller got pissy and now will only take the listing price from us. She said his agent even is willing to take a lower commission to get the contract. We said if he wanting listing price he shouldn't have reduced the home THAT much. My agent is beyond mad. She said it is ridiculous with an offer like that presented that isn't wiling to take it. His agent isn't happy either.

On another note, our agent told us the other house we are looking at agent called and said they will take 10,000 off the asking price.

We decided we are just going to hang on for a bit. We aren't making any rash decisions. Taking your time on a purchase is important.

Ok, now I am done venting as a BUYER. Blah
I would let him go if he is going to be like that. There are lots of homes out there for you and for him to act like such a jerk is unreasonable.

Kristine

Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 AM

It sounds like Little Ham is on the mend, afterall he has his priorities straight-fire trucks! My ex was with the fire dept. for 22 yrs and I loved when he took the truck to the grade schools, I think some of the kids liked it more than Christmas. They would all march up ooohh & then get those plastic hats, but they would hit the sirens & the little girls would cover their ears and giggle!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM

33 posts, read 48,859 times
Hello All,
I am getting ready to list.....scary thought cuz I really like what I did to fix the place up. I have another job in BeanTown so I probably won't list my place until after I return, in about a week. Can I ask a question....If I sell does that mean I have to find another venue for my famous..........

Bump and Grind

I hope not.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM

620 posts, read 1,952,427 times
Joe- We just sold and I am here now as a buyer...I'm positive that you can stick around.LOL. Everyone enjoys your bumpin and grindin! We all can't pull it off as nearly as well.

Its great that you are getting things ready to be on the market. Did you plan on listing this soon? I was thinking you were putting it on the market during the spring. You are smart going ahead and putting it on the market because I bet some people are going to pull their listings during the holidays.

Soon as you list we will WELCOME you as an OFFICIAL Seller! I am telling you its no fun being a buyer or seller right now.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:29 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,890,197 times
Joe once a boot camp member always a boot camp member! We all need support whether selling , buying, or if you are lucky enough to have both done then being here to support others is ALWAYS needed!!! Anyway, you are our official Bump and Grind Guy! Sorry Joe you know the saying from that Eagles song( Hotel California) "You can check out but you can never leave!"

Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM

Good one Judy!
Joe you are just stuck here with the rest of us now...poor thing.

It seems as one of us sells we get a new recruit, hopefully this will continue where we can pass along all the important stuff we have learned along the way and of course, the not so important stuff too.

Any calls for weekend lookers yet? Hmmmm anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.