Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Painter, so sorry about that young couple, but better they not get in above their heads.

I wonder if a lot of folks are holding off buying for that very reason...the uncertainty of it all...jobs, savings, etc...I know I am stressed and I am not even actively house hunting, yet...might explain what is going on with buyers.

Lorrie, having to part with our furry friends is the hardest. We lost 4 of our dogs in a less than 3 year period..It was tough...but they were all around the same age...now the dogs we have now are in the same boat, 6, 6 and 5. Why do we do this to ourselves.

Oh Lorrie, Lainie and I dropped by Nordstrom yesterday in Seattle, I was really disappointed in their social dresses..YUK...one I liked was $790...uh yeah when pigs fly south for the winter, lol. Will keep looking..my cousin suggested I have a dress made. I dunno..

Yes it is hard losing our furbabies. My husband calls me the termanator since I am the one that has always taken them. Lucy was the only one to fight it my others would just go to sleep but not my Lucy she kept her eyes on me poor baby. We have a 5,6,and 12 like I said my husband always says one and two spares.
Having a dress made might be the way to go. That $790 dress you could take a picture of it and then have someone (like Crazyma) make it. Next time you look for dresses bring a camera and if you fall in love with one and it is pricey take the pic and have it made.

Forgot to add that when we lived in FL petsmart would always have the greyhounds out to adopt. We almost did it but at the time three dogs was enough since Amy was having all her problems. They are such gentle dogs and need someones love so much.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
I just got here, now i need to run an errand...will be back...here is some sun (maybe this one will take)
brrr baby it's cold out there!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Yes it is hard losing our furbabies. My husband calls me the termanator since I am the one that has always taken them. Lucy was the only one to fight it my others would just go to sleep but not my Lucy she kept her eyes on me poor baby. We have a 5,6,and 12 like I said my husband always says one and two spares.
Having a dress made might be the way to go. That $790 dress you could take a picture of it and then have someone (like Crazyma) make it. Next time you look for dresses bring a camera and if you fall in love with one and it is pricey take the pic and have it made.
Stop it - your making me cry!

Kristine

Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Kristine
Sorry Kristine I am crying also and upsetting my other three. Sorry.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
The only way I would buy a $790 dress is if it made me look like Gisele Bundchen when wearing it.

Kristine
I'm with painter, lol...I would be afraid to even TRY on a dress that expensive. And it was ok, just ok. Not exceptional..and I thought the dresses I tried on at the bridal store were expensive, the one I liked there was like $330 and I bout had a heart attack then..I wanted to ask if they ever went on sale, like Kohl's haha.

Going for a haircut..wish I was going back to bed...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Kristine
Oh Kristine I'm sorry...i try not to cry when I think of those sweet girls...they gave us a lot of love, and vice versa, they had very good lives, especially the retired greyhounds...once we got them....no wonder I have such fat dogs, too much of the 'good life', lol

Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Oh Kristine I'm sorry...i try not to cry when I think of those sweet girls...they gave us a lot of love, and vice versa, they had very good lives, especially the retired greyhounds...once we got them....no wonder I have such fat dogs, too much of the 'good life', lol

There is just something in me that hurts for dogs. It has been there since I was a little kid. I remember in elementary school there was this movie called "Clown" and they would show it every year. It was about a little boy who loses his dog. Every single time I would have to leave the room because I would be crying so bad about that boy and his dog. Same thing with this Benji movie. I remember he got kicked in the movie and I would just start bawling. Maybe I am crazy!

Kristine

Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 AM

I think I am going to wait a little bit before I buy or order a dress...if I order the one I liked, it takes about 3 months..Wedding is April 4th..so even January is ok. I want to lose at least 1 dress size...oh please God help me lose just 1 dress size. It goes on easy, not so easy to take off...what a crappy couple of years...I hate stress...it will kill you..I am sure of it...

Off to my haircut, maybe that will improve my mood

Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
There is just something in me that hurts for dogs. It has been there since I was a little kid. I remember in elementary school there was this movie called "Clown" and they would show it every year. It was about a little boy who loses his dog. Every single time I would have to leave the room because I would be crying so bad about that boy and his dog. Same thing with this Benji movie. I remember he got kicked in the movie and I would just start bawling. Maybe I am crazy!

Kristine
No Kristine you just love and care for dogs. I also when I was a kid and saw a dog in trouble would cry. That is so normal. I write about My heart dog because it is a release for me and the pain. I never thought what I was doing to others. So lets get back to realty and homes. Selling, Buying or just listening to others vent about PB.

Before I end I have to confess that I love clothes and always have. When I was young my mom took me to Macy's basement to buy clothes and i hated that. I got a job at where I took music lessons at 15 and bought my own clothes. Through my whole married life I have bought good clothes and in the job I had for many years I took great pride in buying nothing but the best. So foolish. Everytime we moved I told hubby I had to sell some of my clothes but he wouldn't let me. This last time I did but I gave half my clothes to Goodwell so someone could enjoy what I had enjoyed for so many years. Gary told me to keep the other half and even added when I wasn't looking to the pile I kept. I should say if I was to do it all over again I wouldn't spend so much on clothes but I would. That is my weakness.

Last edited by lorriem; 10-28-2008 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
No Kristine you just love and care for dogs. I also when I was a kid and saw a dog in trouble would cry. That is so normal. I write about My heart dog because it is a release for me and the pain. I never thought what I was doing to others. So lets get back to realty and homes. Selling, Buying or just listening to others vent about PB.

Oh I did not mean that I did not want you to bring it up. I was just sad for you and your dog. That is all. I want us to write about what pains us. I want to know more about my comrades than just their home sale struggles. I want to get to know them!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate