Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 AM

33 posts, read 48,825 times

Advertisements

Oh, sorry Ladies I forgot.......bump and grind!!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:56 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,816 times
Joe- Getting the house ready, I think was one of the hardest parts. We didn't enjoy all our "new" things because we waited right before our house went on the market to update and such. I wouldn't advise any seller to do that. I fell in love with my house all over and really wished we could have taken my house with us. I told my husband to never wait again to update. (We did floors, counters, paint, etc.) It was a pain, but worth it because an offer came within 45 days which is super in this market.

It is great where you can pick up and just move anywhere! We sort of were able to do that because my husband was in the Navy ( we got top pick all the time). When he got out, he has been able to pick too just because of the field he is in. We realized though for us family mattered most and we came back to family and he was offered a job inside his field!We wanted our boys to know their extended family. I always wanted to live VERY close to the beach. Now, I do, however I was thinking SALT WATER...not fresh water.LOL. I am so close to Lake Erie.

Do you travel a lot? Have you visited the places that you THINK you might be interested in living? I would think you should write the pros and cons of each place. Are you still working? Can you get a job in the area if needed?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:23 AM

33 posts, read 48,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Joe- Getting the house ready, I think was one of the hardest parts. We didn't enjoy all our "new" things because we waited right before our house went on the market to update and such. I wouldn't advise any seller to do that. I fell in love with my house all over and really wished we could have taken my house with us. I told my husband to never wait again to update. (We did floors, counters, paint, etc.) It was a pain, but worth it because an offer came within 45 days which is super in this market.

It is great where you can pick up and just move anywhere! We sort of were able to do that because my husband was in the Navy ( we got top pick all the time). When he got out, he has been able to pick too just because of the field he is in. We realized though for us family mattered most and we came back to family and he was offered a job inside his field!We wanted our boys to know their extended family. I always wanted to live VERY close to the beach. Now, I do, however I was thinking SALT WATER...not fresh water.LOL. I am so close to Lake Erie.

Do you travel a lot? Have you visited the places that you THINK you might be interested in living? I would think you should write the pros and cons of each place. Are you still working? Can you get a job in the area if needed?
Thanks. I hope it doesn't turn out that way, gussy the house up for a complete stranger then right before you put her on the market, she looks at you with those doe eyes and you decide you don't want to sell. Arrrggghhh.

Anyway, I have traveled fairly extensively. I absolutely love the keys, Texas is great. Fargo is a place I would love to see(really like saying Fargo, North Dakota, sounds cool ). Toronto is nice, Vancouver lovely, PEI I keep going back, love it. Been up and down the east coast, been to San Fran, LA, San Diego. Nice places all. Maybe I'll check out some of the forums here for suggestions, couldn't hurt, huh?

Thanks again for the advice.

Bumping and grinding my way out

Old 09-26-2008, 08:28 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Thanks. I hope it doesn't turn out that way, gussy the house up for a complete stranger then right before you put her on the market, she looks at you with those doe eyes and you decide you don't want to sell. Arrrggghhh.

Anyway, I have traveled fairly extensively. I absolutely love the keys, Texas is great. Fargo is a place I would love to see(really like saying Fargo, North Dakota, sounds cool ). Toronto is nice, Vancouver lovely, PEI I keep going back, love it. Been up and down the east coast, been to San Fran, LA, San Diego. Nice places all. Maybe I'll check out some of the forums here for suggestions, couldn't hurt, huh?

Thanks again for the advice.

Bumping and grinding my way out
I just have to laugh that you threw Fargo into that list of awesome places. You will have to like a very slow paced, kind of.....narrow minded kind of living. North Dakota is not known for being really tollerant of others not like them. Sorry if anyone lives there! My In-Laws do and my DH grew up there. It is a different world.

Kristine

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 AM

Well, yesterday we went to look houses.We saw four houses on the same street and it took two and half hours! We picked the houses apart. My husband and I didn't see the occupied one because the agent said we couldn't have the appointment time we needed. Hmm, I doubt these people really want to sell. Anyhow, we eliminated one for sure.It was the one I liked last time A LOT. When we started really checking, we saw the builder had really scrimped on stuff. One of the drawers in the kitchen actually fell on the floor. It "smelled" and it had this "creaky" sound when you walked around upstairs in one part. My husband said if we are already finding small stuff in this "model" home, what about all the big stuff that isn't up to par. I loved the layout, but...it is out. We actually liked the cheapest price one the best! I realize now that nothing is going to be perfect. ( Maybe someday if we build.) We might be making an offer VERY soon. Early next week we are going to start preapproval. I am hoping there wont be toooo many hang ups there. We are going to try to use the bank that we have a mortgage with now ( Chase). Every time we go in they ask if we are ready to buy yet.LOL.

As far as our buyers in SC---they are big dorks! LOL. They have ten days to tell us what they want fixed. Our agent said, she still can't believe they did the inspection so early! ( Before the actual contract in hand!) Soon as we hear from that, we can get ALL our money from Cartus to purchase our new house. I am hoping the buyers don't wait the entire ten days!

Our buyers agent said she can have us in a house by Thanksgiving. Woohoppee ! She said maybe Halloween. Uhm, I am like, I am just shooting for before Christmas. -One can dream......

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,445 times
Good Morning,

Crazyma - the trend is catching on - maybe a trip to Washington is in your future? After all, the last time you left home offers came rolling in!

Raising - How exciting to hear about your house hunting!

Springbean - good luck on your showing!

Sending dust and good thoughts to all for offers soon!

I've been busy planning our trip to NC to house hunt or find a rental...

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,187,175 times
raising...relos go faster than you think We were going to get a new loan with our previous, but were offered such a great deal thru the relo's referral to GMAC (great rate, piad buy downs on points, paid all costs, so streamlined,)all we had to do was sign the closing papers...it was better than Wells Fargo could pull off. Is Cartus telling you a preferred lender? At least check IMO

Joe, whatever you do, IMO, don't OVERdo your house just to get it on the market, you might not get your money back!

Yeah this bailout crap and WAMU style issues are certainly not stuff sellers especially want to be hearing. Can't point one finger of blame...it goes from ALL of D.C. all the way down to that nutjob the next street over who got an ARM loan he never should have gotten to begin with!!! And now he has foreclosed and dragged the neighborhood with him...... Urge to Kill HUH

oops someone at the door ??????BBL

Old 09-26-2008, 10:10 AM

336 posts, read 864,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Good Morning,

Crazyma - the trend is catching on - maybe a trip to Washington is in your future? After all, the last time you left home offers came rolling in!

Raising - How exciting to hear about your house hunting!

Springbean - good luck on your showing!

Sending dust and good thoughts to all for offers soon!

I've been busy planning our trip to NC to house hunt or find a rental...

Have a great day, everyone!
Anita~

Good luck with your home search. I will begin my house hunting in about 3 weeks. I will be headed to the seattle area to look for a rental. Even though there are some nice houses with great prices right now, we will rent for at least a year. I want to really get to know the area we will be living in and then in a year look into becoming home owners again.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:14 AM

Crazyma- Cartus said we could use whoever. They did offer their lender( then it would go straight thru and we didn't have to jump LOTS of hoops. The money will just be there quicker, I think.). We said we are "shopping" for best rates. We pulled our scores already, have only 1 car loan, and a student loan as debt. Income will qualify. Cartus does pay ALL closing costs and fees. We want the best deal( who doesn't). We get 1000 for using there preferred selling agent and 1000 for using their preferred buying agent too. Lots of perks! I am glad you said they go faster than I think. I am going to tell my husband to really check into what Cartus will offer using their lender. It very well could be a better deal. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
LaceyEx - you will love NC. We almost moved to the Asheville area. The state is really beautiful with mountains and seashore.
I agree and that is why we moved to NC. Lacey we are about an hour or a bit more from Asheville. We live in the Lenoir area and it takes us about 40 min to get up to the Blue Ridge MTs. What a beautiful site that is and I cannot forget the lakes.We live about 15 min from lake Hickory a great lake for boating, and all the summer fun. After living in flat FL for 4 years and coming from CA where there was MTs everywhere it feels so right here in NC.

Last edited by lorriem; 09-26-2008 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate