Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,463 times

Advertisements

This is part of the problem in this mess we all are in!

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The CEO of failed Washington Mutual Inc., on the job only a few weeks before the nation's largest thrift was seized by the government and sold to JPMorgan Chase & Co., is entitled to more than $13 million in severance and bonus pay.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Those CEO's need to bail out their own damned industry with their own money. URGH

Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Why on earth does a CEO who turned a great company on it's ear get to have that kind of severance?? THAT is what is wrong with this country and I hope whoever is the next President takes care of that crap, but they are all in the same frame of mind..I really don't think either candidate is in touch with us 'common folk'. Come on, how often do they pump their own gas, or go to the grocery store? All the politicians are out of touch, not one more than another as far as I'm concerned.

I guess my bank is now JP Morgan Chase, crap. I am still moving my house money to my credit union..getting it out of there...All these banks scare the crap out of me. At least it didn't totally fail, FDIC sold right away...maybe the CEO of FDIC should run for office..

Brookdale!!! Awesome!!! Your Turn!!! Details, woman!

Amy, great you are getting showings...we got so lucky with our cash buyer, if we were still on the market I don't know if we would sell in the price point we did. I wish we had had an option to stay, would have just take it off the market and started living again..

I miss having a home. I mean our mobile is great, but all of my things are in storage, I don't even know what my 'style' is anymore. I think I am kind of a country girl, but it's been so long that I lived in that sterile house, I forget

I am kind of rambling tonight..hot flashes, ugh

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Well peeps I am gona turn in...Remember Mr. Rogers??? now that would have been a cool neighborhood!
Here's a little story I dug up, you might find interesting but first, a quote-
Taking good care of others when they need it is one way to show your love. Another way is letting others take good care of you when you need it! Mr. Rogers

and here is the article
15 reasons Mr. Rogers was best neighbor ever - CNN.com

goednite! be well

Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Why on earth does a CEO who turned a great company on it's ear get to have that kind of severance?? THAT is what is wrong with this country and I hope whoever is the next President takes care of that crap, but they are all in the same frame of mind..I really don't think either candidate is in touch with us 'common folk'. Come on, how often do they pump their own gas, or go to the grocery store? All the politicians are out of touch, not one more than another as far as I'm concerned.

I guess my bank is now JP Morgan Chase, crap. I am still moving my house money to my credit union..getting it out of there...All these banks scare the crap out of me. At least it didn't totally fail, FDIC sold right away...maybe the CEO of FDIC should run for office..

Brookdale!!! Awesome!!! Your Turn!!! Details, woman!

Amy, great you are getting showings...we got so lucky with our cash buyer, if we were still on the market I don't know if we would sell in the price point we did. I wish we had had an option to stay, would have just take it off the market and started living again..

I miss having a home. I mean our mobile is great, but all of my things are in storage, I don't even know what my 'style' is anymore. I think I am kind of a country girl, but it's been so long that I lived in that sterile house, I forget

I am kind of rambling tonight..hot flashes, ugh

I hear ya Barb! The part that really got me (well all of it did) was BONUS PAY!!!! Bonus pay for what????? Helping run the bank in the ground and adding to this mess??? Of course the real culprit in this bank was the former CEO but he of course knew what was coming and took God knows how much money and headed for the hills.

Barb I hope you are able to get a home you want soon, I know it must be hard not to live with your things and to be settled in the home you want. You have gone through a lot in the last 6 months and are probably still trying to catch up with everything both physically and emotionally. I have to say I admire you a lot, I don't think I would have done as well as you.

TY Crazyma for the Mr. Rogers link, I do wish I lived in his neighborhood!

Well I listened to the debate? That is an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.

Night all GB and TC!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:26 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times
Yay! Congratulations, Brooke! Looks like there's still hope yet.

Our mortgage is with Wells Fargo. I've been kind of nervous the past couple days hoping our mortgage company comes through this okay. They pre-approved us last year, but it's since expired (we let it) because our house hadn't sold yet. Now I'm concerned about whether we can still be pre-approved and, if so, for how much?

I've gone house-hunting several times. It's helped us to know what we really want and where we really want to be. I'm glad. Now I don't have to go through that process when our house finally sells. I already know. It'll just be a matter of choosing which house we like best. I have a few I'm seriously considering, along with several more I want to look at before making the final decision.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 AM

183 posts, read 686,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
This is really good information. I was planning to redo my kitchen before I listed my house. Except for the stove, the appliances are all fairly new, I wanted to replace the cabinets and the flooring, and add more counter space - maybe spend about $10,000 (it's only 10' by 10' - not much space, and a friend had offered to provide the labor). So should I not bother? I really thought this would help my house sell a bit faster. So...not a good idea?
I agree that you shouldn't "overdo" but I think the kitchen is one of the few places in a home where you make your money back, and often times you make more than what you put into it. Nowadays it's the kitchen that really sells a house.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times
Still no word from the buyers realtor. Not a peep. I should have never let myself get so excited about it. My realtor said it could be because they picked another home or are still deciding. I told her that is cool. But here is the thing, if they pick my house, they want a move-in date of the 24th, right? Well, they have to present an offer soon because they have to give me time to pack, put my stuff in storage, and find a place to rent while we look for a home. My guess is the other two houses were much cheaper than mine and they went with one of those. Who knows. I am going back to be now.

Kristine

Old 09-27-2008, 06:06 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Hammy it'll happen - seems rude to me tho.

Maybe we should take all those bonuses,severances,etc and build a nice big prison for these crooks!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Kristine, I know how you feel my friend..hang in there..could be they are still yakking about it...IF they picked another home, it would be nice if their agent would let your agent know that...if you don't hear something in a day or so your agent should contact theirs and just find out. Better to know one way or another than just sit and stew about it...that's why I told our agent do not tell me their might be an offer. Call me when it's in your hands..otherwise it's too hard..

Why is it one of my dogs insists on waking me up...sits there and whines and paws at me, i get up, get my robe on, open the door for her to go out, and she hops up in the bed with my husband...egh...now she is sitting here on the sofa with me...so she sleeps and i am up...ergh again! more coffee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate