Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,362 times

Advertisements

Sara- Words can't take away the pain you and your family are feeling right now, but I hope you know that all of us are here for you. I hope that peace comes over you and fills your heart as you go through this difficult time. Think about all the special memories that your family has shared with your brother and hang on to them.

Huge hugs!

~ Kirsten

Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Sara..........I send you another email from my email address done here so that you can message directly instead of my hubby forwarding it. You have my sincere sympathies on your loss. As I said before, call me if you need ANYthing. Hugs to you.

I just can't watch the news today. My husband's job is in the coal industry (he's a geologist for a consulting mining engineering firm in PA....basically he helps write up the state mining permits), and his job is on the line in this election. So I'm watching the House marathon on USA.

Nancy

Old 11-04-2008, 11:05 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Sara..........I send you another email from my email address done here so that you can message directly instead of my hubby forwarding it. You have my sincere sympathies on your loss. As I said before, call me if you need ANYthing. Hugs to you.

I just can't watch the news today. My husband's job is in the coal industry (he's a geologist for a consulting mining engineering firm in PA....basically he helps write up the state mining permits), and his job is on the line in this election. So I'm watching the House marathon on USA.

Nancy
Good idea. Best to stay away from it until it is all over. No reason to stress yourself out all day over it with all the polls and people on TV saying they know so and so is going to win. It is enough to drive you crazy.

By the way - House is the best show!

Kristine

Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Sad news boot campers. My brother passed away a little while ago. I just wanted to let you all know...and how much I appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts. Stuff like this is never easy but it is a great comfort to know that others care.... and the burden is made easier through sharing the good times and the not so good. I don't know any plans yet.....
But chin up troops, we must carry on, in everything that we do and confront!

Here's something for a nightcap....
Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

boot camp luv to me peeps

I am so sorry Crazyma. I know there are no words anyone can say that will ease your grief but just know we are here for you and if there is ANYTHING I can do please let me know. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
I would like to sincerely thank you all for your wonderful and caring support during this time...
it really means a lot knowing that *peeps* from all over share condolences to our family. I will let them know too. I don't have the plans yet, but am getting ready to go on my end as soon as I know. I have got to run out and do a couple of errands meanwhile....

Life does go on and HOW ARE all of you?!
Is Mr. Lacey recovering nicely?
And how is Baby Hammy {now isn't that a cute nickname?!}

And Raising, did the papers come thru and is Cartus in control??!

I sure hope everyone will get some action this coming weekend from folks who have been sitting on the fence!!

Buyers paying all that rents
Why you sitting on the fence!!
Get you all some commonsense
or Crazy will smack you full of dents!

buy !! it's the American way, heh heh

later.......

Old 11-04-2008, 01:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Thanx Crazy-he's stronger everyday.

Agree with not watching-I don't think my nerves could take it.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Sara, my thoughts are with you, you are always there for us and we're here for you. Big boot camp hug for you, girl!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanx Crazy-he's stronger everyday.

Agree with not watching-I don't think my nerves could take it.
I am glad to hear your hubby's better, pretty soon he can join you for a martini!

Kristine I hope your little one is feeling better too!

I am with the rest of you I can't stand watching the results till the very end it makes me to nervous lol!!! I will be watching my HGTV (GASP) I know, a lot of the stuff on there is laughable but I do get good ideas about decorating which is something I love to do!
I am taking the day off from cleaning, I figure no one is going to be house hunting today.

Crazyma I love your poem and truer words were never spoken!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Thank you so much for your concern over my son. He is doing much better today, even went to preschool. He still has a pretty rough cough but his energy seems to be back on track. I don't know whether that is a good thing or not.

Kristine

Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Sara I am so sorry for loss. I have no special insight to give you since there is really nothing to say. I do believe your brother is in a better place and he is looking down at his whole family. He is it at peace. It is us who are left behind and don't know the answers yet that grieve. May god bless you all dear Sara.
Lorrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate