Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,278,684 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Peeps! Happy Halloween!! Not expecting any trick or treaters here, we are kind of off the main loop of town, and in a senior mobile home park. Besides, no candy here that hubby will give up...our friends that are visiting brought Almond Joys and Payday bars...Good Lord! Someone help me!! LOL

Springbean, you already know their house is not on the market yet..well I would let them look, I would stay until they get there, I would just do minimal cleaning, no more than you would normally do..forget about it..usually they don't tell you until AFTER you have busted your you know what and spent 2 hours in the car with dogs in the heat..oh I sound kind of bitter huh

We are taking a little day trip today to Westport on the coast..there is a winery there I want to check out...hehe...
New Page 1
Chat later..

Old 10-31-2008, 08:18 AM

183 posts, read 686,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Springbean...where are you moving too again? My house has been on the market for over 90 days and not ONE SINGLE offer. I even dropped the price by $5000.00. It is priced appropriately. What I hate is when people come to look and say it is the nicest house in that price range that they've seen, but they are looking for something a little less expensive! Then WHY are you looking at houses in a price range that you cannot afford or don't want to afford????

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!! (PS: Judy created a monster!)
We're only moving 5 or so miles away. I know, a lot of work for such a small move! Our property taxes are 3.2% and we're moving to an area where it's only 2.1%, gotta do what you gotta do! We're in Round Rock (just outside of Austin) and we're moving to Georgetown (just a little north of where we are now)

90 days and no offers? I fear that's where we are headed. I HATE this market, I HATE selling, I just want it to be over. I think I have finally come to the realization that our house isn't going to sell, so I've mellowed out about it...a little

Old 10-31-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Good Morning Read through the recent posts quickly and thanks for all the good wishes. We did close and now are trying to move from temp housing and then on Monday the movers arrive. Since we are doing major downsizing, can't use much of what they bring. Not sure where we will put it all until we can get rid of it. Good problem. Unfortunately, not sure when we will have internet!!!! New house in a new area and can't find anybody to service us. Cable isn't there either! So may be a while before I am on again.our development is www.mcmullencove.com

Glad that Mr. L is ok. Very scary and Crazyma your brother is getting better ?

we are moving to Huntsville, AL and we are living on the mountain side, very beautiful. Huntsville is a great town, full of very educated engineers because of NASA and all the high tech around. We are looking forward tog etting settled.
Hope that all of you get offers SOON and can be on your way. Thanks again fora ll the encouragement and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully will be on again soon!!!
Best luck with your move..we also have majorly downsized even though it's temporary, when we buy again it will be bigger than this! So we have 3 storage units, what a pain, but can't go through the stuff until we settle somewhere..so we pay every month for at least one unit full of junk, lol

Mawoods, that looks like a beautiful area...when you get back online, post some pics..would love to see..

Again, outta here for a while..but then everytime someone posts i have to hop back on..gee, do ya think I am hooked??

Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM

183 posts, read 686,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Springbean, you already know their house is not on the market yet..well I would let them look, I would stay until they get there, I would just do minimal cleaning, no more than you would normally do..forget about it..usually they don't tell you until AFTER you have busted your you know what and spent 2 hours in the car with dogs in the heat..oh I sound kind of bitter huh
They found our house thru the virtual tour and have been watching it and they think it will be perfect for them, and if it is they will then put their house on the market now instead of this spring. They contacted our realtor, so she knows their situation, otherwise we probably wouln't know that they haven't even listed yet. I had to clean top to bottom anyway, I had let the house go a little and it needed it, I I'm sure we'll have atleast 10-12 showings this weekend...NOT!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
They found our house thru the virtual tour and have been watching it and they think it will be perfect for them, and if it is they will then put their house on the market now instead of this spring. They contacted our realtor, so she knows their situation, otherwise we probably wouln't know that they haven't even listed yet. I had to clean top to bottom anyway, I had let the house go a little and it needed it, I I'm sure we'll have atleast 10-12 showings this weekend...NOT!!!
Ah, gotcha..yes that is a little different...hopefully if they like it they will give you an offer even if it's contingent on their selling, you don't have to accept it, but at least then they show you they are serious and it might spur them to try to sell quickly...good luck!!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,275 times
Maewoods, Glad you stopped by, I take it you found that perfect home so congrats there. I cant believe you wont have internet service especially in a high tech area, wonders never cease! We will be here when you return so take care and enjoy setting up the new home! Be sure to post a pic of the new place, Hunts is a nice area.

Spring If they make an offer you are okay with I would take it with a first right of refusal agreement and keep it on the market open for showing. Surely these people know how hard it is to sell right now?

You all know it has been one yr to the day that I moved out of my house and had it sold and closing was scheduled for the next day. Took it back after fighting for 4 months and resold it. The second contract fell out 2 weeks before closing. So I am still in boxes which I refuse to unpack yet again! On the good side of all of that, when I do sell and get to downsize there won't be much left. So I have been on the market for 1 1/2 yrs less 6 months under contracts.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,188,182 times
Hey recruits, busy day here at the camp. The tree guys are working here and next door. I am trimming and limbing the smaller stuff to take advantage of the chipper.
I will catch up later.
Brother is no better, is hanging on tho', but they are still pushing the anitbiotics, antifungals, etc.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:48 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,794 times
Crazyma I am sorry to hear your brother isn't better but glad to hear he isn't any worse. I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Maewoods how exciting to be moving into your new home! Please send some pics when you get settled. It is a beautiful development!

Springbean best of luck on your showing! I hope it works out for you!

Here is some pixie dust for us still waiting for that ever elusive buyer!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:18 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,275 times
Sure is quiet at boot camp today. Hopefully that means everyone had to leave the house for showings! Not here my agent is off backpacking till Sunday nite, don't put alot of faith in the "stand bys" you know. Anyway I was outside it is so pretty today, I even had roses to cut and bring in!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Hey all-I'm around Painter-no showings scheduled.

Mawoods-beautiful and best of luck and much happiness.

CrazyMa-still praying for your brother.

Mr. L is gaining strength and eating better than he has in awhile. And boy do we have pills!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone gets showings this weekend and better than that-offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate