Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 06:59 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,352,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
My realtor got this email from the realtor of the people that walked thru our open house twice on Sunday:

Thanks for the emails. Sorry for getting back to you so late. I talked with my buyers this afternoon and they are still considering which home they want to put an offer in. They really did like your listing and it's at the top of their list. I let them know about the refrigerator and window treatments. Once I hear something I will let you know. Thanks again. And I hope we can put a deal together.

We have already offered $5000 toward closing costs, the fridge, window coverings, and our 50" plasma, can you think of anything else we can do to sweeten the deal? More towards closing costs? A new car? j/k

OMG! Sounds like the last house we sold back in MA! they wanted our stove *like a Viking*type and was excluded right in the MLS!they still wanted it. I said, give us x amt. of dollars toward it..and they said no,. I said, NO DEAL!!!.. lol... I said what else do they want? our car? our twins? LOL!!
WOW! SPring!! that is crazy!! your 50 in. plasma?and all the other goodies? people are selfish!!
LOL LACEY and Painter- that will be next. Mtg. payments.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,352,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
good day all well Not weather wise - nasty out here. It is blowing and the rain is a coming.
Surprised to see so much talk this a.m.

Lacey Don't joke, I have already seen paym'ts offered up to the first 6 months. I have read HOA fees paid for the year, yard mowing, pool services, country club fees, decor. services, ect. I offered to reimburse for the plane tickets at closing for one couple that was to fly in, they canceled.

Plane tickets Painter?? holy crap!! You are too nice.
We got an old "freezer" with old food stuck to it! last Nov, when we had bought this one from the other couple! Gee. Thanks. They were too lazy to get rid of it and left it for us!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM

620 posts, read 1,952,427 times
Lacey- You made me laugh! Its good to have a laugh first thing in the morning. Maybe, we can ALL ask our sellers ( when we all get new homes) to pay the mortgage for a year. You are onto something.

Actually, Lacey you better delete your post. We have lurkers here and they will go spreading your idea around and next thing you know we that will be the norm!

Painter- Hope you are feeling better. Those little things are the devil in disguise! We have them all over SC in the summer. You have to be really careful.

Springbean-I am so excited for you. Its great to hear they are so interested. How about doing what Lacey said-PAY THEIR MORTGAGE FOR A ENTIRE YEAR! LOL. You asked- Lacey gave you a fantastic idea.
No really, I will be serious now. I would not pay any more in closing costs. You were very generous with that amount. How much do you want to spend? Give a gift certificate to a local furniture store. Maybe, negotiate with the furniture store because everyone is hurting in this economy. I know when we go to move, I want some new furniture too! ( We just wont be able to afford it!) If the buyers are really interested in your home, you can get them in if you sweeten the deal like you said. How about a weekend getaway? I am just throwing out ideas.

Crazyma- Have you recovered from your trip? Are you sleeping better being at home?

NJ- Don't give up! They might be seeing if they can get a privacy fence or something. If they like the house, they could be back!

Niki-I am just giving you my opinion. (For what its worth) Are you sure you want to pull the listing? I would think long and hard because SOOO many people will be pulling listings over the holidays. In my area in SC and here, I see listings already being pulled. The inventory will be going down. With less inventory, buyers will have less to choose from and will HAVE to choose the homes that are left. Also, buyers that really have been looking will know if you pull the listing and put it back on the market. They will remember the house. We have had some listings emailed to us, that I remembered the house. They come on with new price and new pictures, but the SAME HOUSE! My dh was so excited on one he got at work. I told him, we had ALREADY saw the house, they were playing games. He kept saying but it says it just came on the market. I had to educate him! LOL. Maybe, do a price reduction if you can afford it. Even if it is a 1000 or so. If you can go 5000 that might be a deal then. Good luck its a tough choice.
BTW~ Thanks for your blog! I loved reading about your trip. Looks like you all had a great family getaway.

Judy-How are you doing? I am thinking about you so much! It must be tough going through everything on your end. You have to win a prize! You always have such a positive attitude when things get bad! You are always there with your pom poms cheering all of us on even when I am sure you could SCREAM!

Texas- You are becoming an addict to the gifs! I love the "monster"!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 AM

No official word here...but... we got DETAILS from the ACTUAL BUYERS!

I think we both have __________agents! Really, I wanted to fill in the blank with lots of curse words!

We gave the buyers 24 hours to respond, etc. Then yesterday afternoon our agent emailed us and the buyers reply. It said that they thought were unreasonable and could not respond that quick. It said they gave us the inspection the day of the contract and NOW WE ARE RESPONDING! They have asked us to respond several times and we did not.

My dh and I were livid. I was cussing up a storm. They were BLAMING US! Well, dh fired off a email directly to the buyer! He did calm down before he sent it because at first it wasn't nice.

He explained that we just got it from our realtor on Monday and responded within 2 hours. In the email he told them that we have asked over and over about it, etc. DH explained it wasn't US on our end!

Within 20 minutes we got the nicest email from the buyers. They love our house, want the deal to go through, they want to start their lives together in the house, they are just digesting everything we said.

My agent emailed us within a few minutes- we sent their response. She just said-WELL! It looks like you and the buyers accomplished more in one evening than your AGENTS did in a couple of weeks. Talk to you tomorrow.

Everyone is BLAMING everyone else. Everyone from Cartus ( who is looking out for us) to the agents. Someone dropped the ball. Our agent has a heck of lot to loose so I don't think it was her. She gets the referrals from Cartus and that is a huge network of people.

Right now, we are just waiting. Maybe this morning we will hear something.

It was unethical for us to contact the buyers BUT THANK GOODNESS WE DID!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,773 times
Raising - Are you another one of THOSE SELLERS? Just kidding!!!
Anyway I sure hope you hear something today so you can at least stop wondering what the hell is going on and plan your next move. The buyers backed down once you e-mailed and they made it known they want your own, I would venture to guess they will now be reasonable with their wants.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 AM

WE ARE ONE OF "THOSE" sellers! LOL.

I am sure our agent loves us this morning. My dh said he doesn't even care if she is mad.

She told us this has been one of the craziest sales she has EVER dealt with.

I CONVINCED:

You can ONLY look out for yourself because NOBODY is going to look out for you! You have to advocate for yourself because other people wont. ( EVEN IF THEY ARE YOUR AGENT!) I think when money is involved people become crazy. You can't trust anyone around it!

I am wondering if our agent and their agent are in cahoots together.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 AM

959 posts, read 1,826,003 times
I had to turn a showing down today. They wanted to come between 2-4 and I will be in the middle of a meeting at that time so I wont be able to go get my dogs. Plus, with leaving Friday for our trip, I had planned to stay home all day tomorrow and clean (my house is a disaster) just in case someone wanted to come while we were gone. I kind of feel bad but I also feel like if they really want to see it, they will come back. I don't have time for tire kickers right now. I have to clean, pack, get my dogs ready and make sure everything is in order.

Kristine

Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,381,479 times
Raising3boys...I am addicted to the images! I'll try to slow down on them a bit!

I was reading on another thread (Texas) and there's a thread about "things you are thankful for this year". So I thought I would let y'all know how thankful I am to each and every one of you on here for the support during this crazy RE situation we are all in. Even my own family and friends are not as supportive as y'all have been to me. I am single, so no hubby or children to vent to. I appreciate all of you and am very thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may God bless each and everyone of you in ways you cannot even begin to fathom.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,773 times
Texas, I hear you loud and clear. This my place to vent, ***, and converse, no support other than here. It has helped me keep my sanity too! It may be turning into my life line, lol! Now how sad is that?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM

hammy- You know what, do not feel guilty for turning down a showing. Did it make you feel empowered to finally SAY NO and to be in control of YOUR HOUSE? If it didn't it should. You are right, if they really want to see it, they will come back. They might drive by again even today though.

Texas- You do not have to slow down! I use to be addicted too getting gifs and searching when I belonged to another forum. I just haven't had time to look again. It is fun! I have been caught up in my own saga, I don't even know how long we have until Thanksgiving. We might be going to our first THANKSGIVING with my inlaws in Chicago. It should be interesting. We have NEVER spent ANY holidays with them. Your post was very kind and touching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate