Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:34 PM

392 posts, read 1,375,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scone View Post
Also, I'd take Elmo out of the kitchen window. The real state market is tough, but no reason to panic. Don't jump, Elmo!
But he's Pizza Chef Elmo! He's the best cook in the house!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,728,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scone View Post
Not everyone wants a big yard. IMO you could also plant a tree in your yard, and add some flowers.
Not everyone wants a board fence either. I hate them. This yard is very open and scenic.

Plant flowers? In October? That's pointless. And a tree? Pointless as well. It takes years for a young sapling to become any kind of proper tree.

The yard is fine the way it is.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:32 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
I really don't see a problem with your yard, except that you may not get calls off the For Sale sign. I'm assuming it's a "flag lot"? I agree with the poster that recommended marketing the private, Off-Street location.

Five-six showings in 2 weeks is awesome! The only thing that caught my attention in the photos was some of the furniture arrangements make the rooms look long and narrow. And I would definitely stage the Dining Room as a Dining Room instead of a game room. I think it does kind of leave buyers wondering what they'd use the room for.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
I really don't see a problem with your yard, except that you may not get calls off the For Sale sign. I'm assuming it's a "flag lot"? I agree with the poster that recommended marketing the private, Off-Street location.

Five-six showings in 2 weeks is awesome! The only thing that caught my attention in the photos was some of the furniture arrangements make the rooms look long and narrow. And I would definitely stage the Dining Room as a Dining Room instead of a game room. I think it does kind of leave buyers wondering what they'd use the room for.
Whats a flag lot?

We do need to change the dining room...I just need to get the pinball machine out of there which is easier said than done. I almost killed myself when we were getting it in. I got pinned (no pun intended) bringing it up the deck stairs. I got jammed in the corner in the turn...it was pretty funny after though.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavs View Post
Whats a flag lot?

We do need to change the dining room...I just need to get the pinball machine out of there which is easier said than done. I almost killed myself when we were getting it in. I got pinned (no pun intended) bringing it up the deck stairs. I got jammed in the corner in the turn...it was pretty funny after though.
How many points did you ring up while you were pinned? Maybe you can just put a table cloth on it with a vase of flowers and pull up 4 chairs, and nobody will be able to tell the difference. So what if it slopes a little bit!

A flag lot is one that sits behind the front lot and has a driveway easement along the edge of the front lot. If you were to look at it on a county plat map it would look a little like the letter "L" with the foot part being a large rectangle for the lot.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I agree with the others. You seem to have a nice yard for kids and dogs to play. I really like what you did with the powder room and the niche looks great.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:58 AM

215 posts, read 789,196 times
I would emphasis that it is not directly on the street so that traffic noise is minimum..also the privacy fence is a good idea. Interior pics are helpful..if I might make some suggestions...make the rooms "make sense" use the dining room as a dining room, remove the pinball machine..rearrange living room to make seem bigger...debulk and declutter..buyers don't want to have to think too much when picturing themselves in your home, make it easy for them to understand the function of each room.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:42 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,242,338 times
We have a "flag lot" and our house is the third from the street. It's a great PLUS. There is a lot more privacy (in our case) and it is much safer for pets and children. I think your house is beautiful and not at all in a weird location.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinl5 View Post
I would emphasis that it is not directly on the street so that traffic noise is minimum..also the privacy fence is a good idea. Interior pics are helpful..if I might make some suggestions...make the rooms "make sense" use the dining room as a dining room, remove the pinball machine..rearrange living room to make seem bigger...debulk and declutter..buyers don't want to have to think too much when picturing themselves in your home, make it easy for them to understand the function of each room.
I know...I need to declutter more. You should have seen it before.

BTW...house is also a "walk up" (main living area is on 2nd level-basement is on ground level). This seems to detract people as well.

Stavs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate