Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Enjoy.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Barb I asked them specifically that with alterations would it be ready when we leave as that's early Mar and they assured me it would be. I'm going to start calling more regularly tho. I don't understand the time it takes either it's not like they measure you and custom make-that would've been done by now.

Don't know if I mentioned this but we got our invite yesterday and they are just beautiful. Mailed response back already.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Thanks for the sun, Lorrie..you aren't going to believe this, I went in to the bedroom and got dressed, I came out and the sun is shining..hurts my eyes actually, lol. How long it stays here I have no clue, but I going to bask in it while I can...

Safe drive to you and hubby..

Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
A grooms cake? never heard of it..we are doing 'tastings' with our cake man, will make a note of that..so is that at the wedding then, or rehearsal.

I just did a google search for grooms cake..tradition in the south, probably why i never heard of it since I am a western girl, lol..but I really, really like the idea..says in the movie Steel Magnolias they had a grooms cake shaped like an armadillo, red velvet. I know my son likes red velvet, maybe in the shape of a race car or something..maybe thats too juvenile..any ideas?
dogmom, the groom's cake is at the rehearsal dinner! When my son got married in 2007, they had a cake with the South Carolina Gamecock painted on top with icing, because they are big SC football fans!! The groom's cake is usually a 'fun' cake!!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
njsocks we will be on the road tomorrow so here is an early birthday greeting.

LORRIE! YOU ARE TOO SWEET!! I love it!! thank you for the birthday well wishes!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a call from our realtor and said there is a "serious" couple interested in your home and want to see it Sat. She then said that they have nothing to sell...blah blah....and want to see it. She told them that our listing is about to expire soon and they *us* want to take it off the market...etc... but will call her back....
SO! I called our realtor back and said YES.She talked me into extended the contract with her (I told her I didn't want to do a 6 mo. agreement though--only a 3 month one)..so she said fine.....and that the market is picking up....... Have the agent show it to them! I told her to let me know what time----so she said "I will email you" !! I rolled my eyes..I will write her and tell her I want calls only if it is for ANY showings.....So Sat. between 10-11am....
NOW WOULDN'T THIS MAKE A GOOD BIRTHDAY GIFT???????
Of course I am like alot of you. Not getting hopes up...but it's better than a kick in the asszz.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Yippee NJSocks-that sounds promising and what a gift that would be.

Happy early Birthday girl.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Have a safe trip Lorrie!!!

NJ it sure is better than a kick in the A$$!!! Good luck and prayers sent your way!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:53 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Have a safe trip Lorrie!!!

NJ it sure is better than a kick in the A$$!!! Good luck and prayers sent your way!!!
Thanks Judy we will but i want to get home so bad that I will let hubby go as fast as he wants. No coffee for us (well maybe one) so not that many potty stops.
I have overdosed on Starbucks I have been getting the vente size every morning and a grande at night. The one near us in NC at the mall shut down and MC Donalds new coffee just doesn't cut it.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Yippee NJSocks-that sounds promising and what a gift that would be.

Happy early Birthday girl.
Thanks Lacey!!! I would LOVE for this to be it...once and for all! I wish this FOR ALL OF US SELLERS!

Quote:
NJ it sure is better than a kick in the A$$!!! Good luck and prayers sent your way!
Judy!!! thanks girl!! I need all the prayers I can get. I am praying to St. Rita soon. I hope we'll hear more than it's too small or it doesn't have granite lol.!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Njsock, that would be one birthday gift you would never forget! but...your RE shouldnt of told them you wanted to pull the listing, should of just schedule it and then talk to you about extending.

As to the Grooms cake, I thought it was a southern thing! My son's was for the wedding though, it was a chocolate in the shape of a humadore with cigars on it. Yes he smokes those but only allowed to smoke outside and only when she isn't around.

Lorriem, Hit the road running, and be careful, have a safe trip home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate