Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,491,391 times

Advertisements

Hi group,
Have not had to time to read all the posts on here, but hope everyone is having a great week.

It happened! We closed on our home in Utah today.....I can't believe it, finally.
We got tons of stuff done today, gas and power on, and did some things on the house, changed filters, touched up paint etc.

Tomorrow night my kids are coming down from northern Utah and we are having a big slumber party.

Dogmom.......We met your friends today that live in Coral Canyon. I called her and she and hubby happened to be in Walmart so we met. It's fun to meet the people of CD. They are really nice and they miss you and your husband.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,873 times
Hey Painter, that was our problem. we were priced at what people were not looking at and (this was last summer) 3 realtors told us dropping the price wouldnt help, unless we had dropped 150k. dropping 25k might be enough, but then again, once you drop you cant go back up. so if there arent any buyers at your new price, it wont help. on that note, we havent had the 2nd mtg with that realtor from last week. curious what price he'll suggest for us-where we were at or a lot lower.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,949 times
Glad you made it home safely Lorrie and how exciting you are going on a cruise too!!!

Chickrae

on your house closing!!!

Crazyma I hope you are feeling better today!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM

959 posts, read 1,825,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey fellow sellers, Have a need for your opinions here. Todays conversation from my realtor was not a good one. Called because my listing expires and needed my signature to extend. But he suggested I drop another 25k since we have no activity. Here is the kicker I am below comps at 83 sq ft vs $95-$125 sq ft. and the other problem is there are NO SOLD comps to compare to in the past 6 months. So if nothing has sold and I am the lowest now why should I drop another 25K? If we were having showings and no offers then I would say price is the problem but if no one is looking and nothing has sold then is it the price? Opinions please!

If there are no buyers out there, then dropping the price wont do anything. If your getting showings and no offers, then that may be a different story. If there has been nothing that has sold in 6 months, then your price is not the problem, the market is.

Kristine

Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Hi group,
Have not had to time to read all the posts on here, but hope everyone is having a great week.

It happened! We closed on our home in Utah today.....I can't believe it, finally.
We got tons of stuff done today, gas and power on, and did some things on the house, changed filters, touched up paint etc.

Tomorrow night my kids are coming down from northern Utah and we are having a big slumber party.

Dogmom.......We met your friends today that live in Coral Canyon. I called her and she and hubby happened to be in Walmart so we met. It's fun to meet the people of CD. They are really nice and they miss you and your husband.
Fun Fun Fun...send some pictures of your house, or post them...glad you met our friends, they are awesome and we miss them terribly too...

Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,132 times
thanks all, see that is what I am looking at. We have had 3 couples actually come and look, 2 made contracts that fell through at the last few days before closing. It appraised, inspections passed with flying colors, ect. it was the money they didn't come through with. My thoughts are leave it alone, go on 30 day extenstions and see. If no one has sold and no one is looking and I am the lowest already why should I drop 25k again. I said get some one here and then we will argue about the price. He talked to 3 other agents that we are competing with and they told him we were priced right, they didn't have any activity here either. soooo...... I am not gonna lower YET.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm with you Painter, leave it alone and see what happens..sounds like you are priced right, yeah if you get a buyer then you can negotiate price then..but gotta get that offer..it will happen, its almost spring..buyers will be out looking, flowers will bloom, yes i think everyone is going to sell this year, at least I am trying to think positive and say lots of prayers!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post

Texas we are also going on a cruise in Aug to Alaska my dream has come true. We are going with friends we met up here and they took the cruise two years ago and loved it. Welcome to Norwegian Cruise Line - Where you're free to whatever. we willl be on the Pearl.

Shelly I am still thinking of names.
How fun...an Alaskan tour! Those are supposed to be absolutely wonderful cruises. I heard the scenery is breathtaking.

I have names picked out! (from the link you sent me). Tell me what you think...
Boy Sheltie:
Harley
Whiskey
Tequila
Sparky
Watson
Cash
Bettis
Sinbad

Girl Sheltie
Chloe
Chelsea
Jasmine

Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
thanks all, see that is what I am looking at. We have had 3 couples actually come and look, 2 made contracts that fell through at the last few days before closing. It appraised, inspections passed with flying colors, ect. it was the money they didn't come through with. My thoughts are leave it alone, go on 30 day extenstions and see. If no one has sold and no one is looking and I am the lowest already why should I drop 25k again. I said get some one here and then we will argue about the price. He talked to 3 other agents that we are competing with and they told him we were priced right, they didn't have any activity here either. soooo...... I am not gonna lower YET.
I don't think it's the price if you aren't even getting showings. 25K is alot to drop! Stay where you are at!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
How fun...an Alaskan tour! Those are supposed to be absolutely wonderful cruises. I heard the scenery is breathtaking.

I have names picked out! (from the link you sent me). Tell me what you think...
Boy Sheltie:
Harley
Whiskey
Tequila
Sparky
Watson
Cash
Bettis
Sinbad

Girl Sheltie
Chloe
Chelsea
Jasmine
I love Watson and Chloe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate