Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 AM

394 posts, read 1,049,347 times

Advertisements

[quote=NatasNJ;7362597]Boy are you in denial...

YES foreclosures count just as much as normal sales.

Actually - foreclosures do not count as much as normal sales. In comparing comps or doing an appraisal the fact that a home was sold at foreclosure means the appraiser will have to make an adjustment for that home or not use it.

No denial here. I don't believe I said it was cheaper to buy than to rent - I just said I don't want my money going towards someones else's mortgage. Again - I think alot of buyers are waiting to get something for nothing and have unrealistic expectations as to how low the prices will go. Am I wrong or are something like 90% of mortgage holders current on their mortgage? Why would they start giving their homes away to greedy buyers unless terrible circumstances force them? The economy is bad - yes - but I just think it's bad karma to sit around and wait for people's home values to drop. Talk about being a predator!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
1) Because I told you to !!!
2 ) $15K Tax Credit
3) Home prices are down 50-60% from peak in some areas
4) Homes in your area are priced at what you can afford
5) You plan on staying in the house for 5+ yrs
6) You are currently a home owner that wants to downsize or upsize in the same area, therefore prices continuing down would have the same effect on your family
7) You've been renting since 200X waiting to get back into a home and now it makes financial sense to do so
8) You can't find anything decent in the rental market
9) You need the write off
10) You found a home that you absolutely LOVE and would be hard pressed to find anything else like it out there
11) thru 99) please refer back to #1 !!!

p.s.
This thread is for ALL the peeps with brains on City Data that get tired of all the "peeps" who start threads daily saying this is NOT the time to buy ! I guess they feel it is their doody or their brains will spontaneously combust !

p.p.s.
Please stay tuned, as I am certain that any day now, these same folks will be back on here telling you that it's time for you to pee . Lord knows they are the SMART posters here and all the rest of us are just fortunate that they take time from their busy schedules to share their wisdom with us .

p.s.s.
Please THINK 1st B4 responding to this thread, otherwise I might conclude conclusively that you do indeed have a very OPEN mind !
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EXCELLENT POST HDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
IYou and Crazyma rate right up there with most "reasonable" posters on the RE market forum. D
I love this comment.....

If you are not advocating buying a home, you are not "reasonable".

Hogwash.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM

945 posts, read 1,988,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I love this comment.....

If you are not advocating buying a home, you are not "reasonable".

Hogwash.
I'm pretty sure that is not what the sentence you pulled out of my post is saying, literally. But that's OK, it's happened before. I said those 2posters are at the top of the list ("rate right up there") for reasonable posters on the RE forum. And Crazyma is the epitomy of fairness and I believe her threads prove as such. I hardly think anything positive said about the RE market means that anyone not buying is unreasonable. They are, however, if they are not buying because they listen to all the BS on this forum for the negetive cause- not only is that unreasonable it's closed minded. Most everyone has said you must look at the market you are interested in and NOT the market as a national whole, like so many seem to be doing, hoping for completely "unreasonable" prices to appear. If they think homes are so expensive, how about they go find a piece of land somewhere, buy all of their own materials and put in it what they expect the existing home market to provide, and then tell me if "unreasonable" is what they will tell the clerk at home depot/lowes/tile city/lumber liquidators/ and the same to the excavator, concrete foundation pourer, framer, roofer, drywaller, ABC cabinet company, carpenter, plumber, electrician and on and on and on when they go to pay for all of these goods and services. OH, and lets NOT forget that guarentee that when they do build and pay for their own, it's value will hold and increase, when THEY want to sell it!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
Look how patheticly desperate realtors have become!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
. And Crazyma is the epitomy of fairness and I believe her threads prove as such. !!!
Crazyma is so "fair" that she wants me (ie the TAXPAYER) to pay her because she bought her home at the peak and now has to sell because she is choosing to move and will "lose money". Are you freakin kiddin me?

Go back and look at her crazy post stating she should get a deduction because of her financial bad behavior....

Boy, that is really fair......

Let me tell ya, You guys really are out of control w/your views......

Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
I will add my 2 cents in. I think it's a wonderful time to buy. We started looking at homes back in July in another state where we will be retireing. Why did we buy now rather than 3 years when we are moving.....because we found a house we love, it was 80,000 less than homes sold in that area in 2006 and 20,000 less than it sold for when it was brand new in 2001. We plan on staying there and not selling it, so maybe home prices will drop lower but we got a good interest rate and it will be paid off in 3 years anyways. Maybe for someone else it's not a good time to buy in case you don't plan on staying in the home, but for us it was a great decision!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:42 PM

945 posts, read 1,988,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Look how patheticly desperate realtors have become!

In case this was a reply to me- I'm not a realtor, never was, and never will be. I am, however, a homeowner and have been since post college graduation and married to a beautiful woman who has given me 4 beautiful children! Living in our own home has ALWAYS been a priority in all of our financial decisions and we have done well by that! If your comment was not made for me, my apologies. I still think realtors are hardly "pathetic" as you put it. And as I have disclosed before, no one in my nor my wife's family is a real estate agent either! We just happen to respect them and their profession! Lay off the personal attacks.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:46 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
This is not a forum to bash realtors.........if you don't want to buy now then dont. Realtors are free to give their opinon just as everyone else. My realtor told us in July she didn't think we should buy then and we should just look as the homes in that area as they would drop further and sure enough by the time we put our offer in (December), prices had dropped 15,000 more on the homes we had been looking at. Not all realtors say buy now, buy now....give them some credit.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
This is not a forum to bash realtors.........if you don't want to buy now then dont. Realtors are free to give their opinon just as everyone else. My realtor told us in July she didn't think we should buy then and we should just look as the homes in that area as they would drop further and sure enough by the time we put our offer in (December), prices had dropped 15,000 more on the homes we had been looking at. Not all realtors say buy now, buy now....give them some credit.
There are some very GOOD realtors out there which I've always said here, however many are blinded because their paycheck depends on the SALE of a home which clouds their objectivity. Also, many take their marching orders from the NAR which is a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate