Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:07 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times

Advertisements

Just a quick note to check in.

Hammy...........I'll bet you are heaving a big sigh there!

I am so anxious to be leaving for NY to see my daughter on Monday!! WOOHOO!! And I'll also get to see hubby for a few hours. He is going up this weekend to help her move into her new house and isn't leaving until Tuesday. I think he's wanting to "cuddle" after DD goes to work Tuesday morning.... My flight doesn't get into 11pm Monday night, though, and that is only if my flight from Charlotte through Detroit to Syracuse is on time! Hopefully Delta is doing it right on Monday!

Talked to DH last night and our reator wants to do an open house after Easter. Originally we told them that we were really not interested in having lookie-loos just traipsing through the house, but they seem to think it will help. We'll have to see. Our area is one of low prices just because of the rural location, so I'm not seeing the possibility a lot of REAL buyers coming through.....just nosy neighbors and potential thieves and I don't feel like opening it up for that. He also said the $8000 is bringing out a lot of people in the area, but for the most part they are only interested in houses in the $50k - $60k range, which means 100 year old falling down row houses downtown on postage size lots and not remodelled split levels which is 3 times the size on 1.2 acres, which is still priced less than $175k. He says that it appears they are people wanting to use the credit as the downpayment they don't have.

Everybody have a great weekend and Easter holiday!!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
#3 a victim of its own success?

Hey, I have a closing today, Buyers' dream house, on a large pond/small lake.

Thinking a bluebird house, a nice one for the precious Eastern Bluebird, would make a good closing gift.
Hey Mike, congratulations, I think a birdhouse is a great gift, btw..

Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Mike-could you head to MN and sell my house?

Hey all another new thread for us.

Tonight's the rehearsal dinner, tomorrow the big day-I am watching the balance drop in my checkbook. Groom's calm, bride's a wreck.
Lacey, it's here! Relax, enjoy, the bride will get it together..I will be in your place in one week, and I am getting excited..please post some pictures when you get them, ok? Just a couple..put them in a private album so we can see them..pleleezzzeee! lol

Have a wonderful time!!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good news on our end. Spring is here, the grass is greening, buyers are hitting the market and houses are selling. Prices in TX are up 2-4% in most major cities.

I just locked in a 4 3/8 interest rate on a 15 year note on a new home we are about to close. Unbelievable.

I've had about 4-5 new 1st time home buyers contact me in the last 3 weeks wanting to take advantage of the tax credit and cheap interest rates.

Rakin, that is wonderful news...are banks starting to lend now???

Old 03-27-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
WELCOME to camp MAMom! Thank you for your support- glad to have you 'good' realtors mosey in and share in the fun

Hey JudyP yep you were the first on the original boot camp/poetry salon LOL gosh time flies when you are having fun!!! And yes you have hung in there friend- rmember we are there for you

Stoy glad you hiked in! Same but different- kinda like the twilight zone- ooooo let me hypnotize the campers!!!! ROTF

NJ they can do a one time showing thing ( or a flexible time frame) At least here they did...we had a few agents when we tried FSBO- and the commission was half. I will try not to laugh if this is the ONE!! hee hee P~~o~~o~~f .....there's ya some seller mojo

Okay where is Dogmom, Tambre, Golddust, chickrae, HDL, lorriem, niki, roth, sykes???
FORGIVE me if I don't call you out by name- I can't remember every camper, full timers or passing by-ers lol

Oh we have lovely sleet crap..where is the snow??? If it is gonna do it I wodl rather have pretty snow! Well off to make biscuits- gonna have SOS, eggs & I picked some grits !!
(dogmom i will find those pizza recipes & post later)
I'm here Sara..been busy today...so you do biscuits with SOS..we always used toast..actually one of mine and my boys favorite meals..when the oldest one was a preteen many moons ago, when I fixed that I had to call his buddy's mom to send him over, that kid would come running for SOS!
Pizza recipes when you have time sweetie..no hurry!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Rothbear have a wonderful trip, lots of cuddling with hubby now must be hard to be away for such long stretches at time.

You know it probably wouldn't hurt to have an open house when the weather gets nicer..you never know..might get just the right person coming through..If you are worried just lock up all your valuables or take them with you if possible. If your agent is decent, you should not have a problem..Maybe she could have a helper with her that day to keep an eye on things...just a thought.

Ok need to eat..Hammy, glad that ordeal is OVER!

NJ, see now you fire the agent and then you get the showing, and she called? LOL..You know girl, this is probably the ONE..fingers toes and everything else crossed for ya!

Middle age mom, welcome to our humble home! Hope i didnt forget anyone..

Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Tonight's the rehearsal dinner, tomorrow the big day-I am watching the balance drop in my checkbook. Groom's calm, bride's a wreck.[/quote]

Lacey have a wonderful rehearsal dinnee to night and a breautiful day for the bride and groom tomorrow. Tale lots of pictures and share with us.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Have a wonderful weekend Lacey!!!!

You don't want to come here now!! It is was to cold right now. Brrrrrr.

I have my closing in a couple of hours and I am so excited. I just cannot believe it is finally here. So glad to be rid of borh mortgages!

Kristine

You did it kristine. No more 2 mortgages , Congrats.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
HAMMEY, What a relief! Now your life should be less stressful and you will be able to enjoy yourselves. How is the little one coming along? And what is your due date, I cant remember?

Crazyma, Glad to hear my gear made it, I really would hate to lose my sleeping bag! Never know when I will have to be homeless and need it, it is a scarey world out there.
Due date is October 2nd but I was told at my last appointment that they would be happy to induce me a week early if it seemed like the baby was going to be a big one. My son was 9lbs 2oz and was face up. It was a HORRIBLE birth and it left me terrified to do it again. We will see. I kind of like just letting it happen when it is supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Lacey--I was lmao when you mentioned the revolving door with people coming through etc..and the balance drop in the checkbook lol. You will probably be happy to go home soon!! It is supposed to rain tomorrow!! I remember one of my friend's who got married on 4th of July and it poured cats and dogs! but hey, they are still married!!!

STOY! thanks girl!!! !I cannot take the **** anymore lol...
Tex----how is work now that you are back???

OF COURSE NOW the realtor calls and said there is a showing tomorrow and if I want them to come over? I said yes...I told her if they make an offer tomorrow she gets the commission otherwise done deal! Now she says I have to sign an unconditional withdrawl form ! ok...I will be skipping to the mailbox lol...ugh.
10-11 am for the showing tomorrow. We are going into the city tomorrow.
Pass some good luck my way girls!! and men!!

Middleaged mom! Good to see you here! I have seen you on other threads!! Welcome!! Rakin and everyone else too!!!

Crazyma--how are you? Judy??eveyrone else?? Dogmom? where are you?>getting a manicure???

Hammy?? YOu lucky girl!!! You must be sooo relieved! I am sure you must feel sooo much better !! it is soo stressful . Now you can concentrate on the little bambino!!
Good luck with the showing!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kristine

Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Wow I am so glad you started a new camp!!! I came on here last night and saw they closed our camp.

LaceyEx the big day is now just a few hours away and then you can relax!!!

Kristine!!! You are now the proud owner of only one home!!! I am so glad, you have other things to concentrate on!!!

MikeJaquish and Rakin!!! You may have been camp members for awhile but since I have been gone for awhile I wanted to welcome you.

TC and GB everyone!!! I will be back to fill you all in when I can. It is just hard to swallow and talk about at the moment, hope you understand.

Judy I love your expresions, Just beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate