Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
If Watson wins the $1,000.000.00 prize--you got it!

Whoo Hoo! They let us vote every day so . . . with $1M you'll even be able to find someone to cover 'my' job so I can go LOL That's the tough part; I'll be sure to save some DNA

Thanks Niki! Music always helps me through difficult times.

Yip - same here. Everyone's human and sometimes it's good to just let it all go and everyone has songs that 'help' release all that negativity we sometimes keep inside. I know I feel much better after I 'let it out'.

Thanks for the links! Yep--that's right--12 years old!!

You're welcome Was pretty scary when I was reading that some have pesticides which the FDA has an issue with - Duh. This is reminding me that it's time for Albert to get dosed again - saw him scratching last night and it has been about 90 days so must go to pet store today and get more.

You ROCK too Lorrie--all you dogmoms should think about entering your dogs! How is Miss Willow doing tonight?

When I pulled up the photos the first dog that was posted looked very much like my Sasha Anne ('cept Sasha was cuter) - the one in the snow. If it wouldn't have been a mission (vote for Watson) I might have voted for that dog only 'cause she reminded me of my little girl. A lot of you campers have cute dogs just remember - whoever wins, pays for cruise (and to clone me)

I LOVE THIS SONG!! Great "Go to H" song!!

Ain't that the truth - plus that even when things (men) hurt us, we always 'survive'. I literally could be on Survivor after my pseudo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I definitely think this was a panic attack. Lacey and Barb are right. The shaky feeling is most likely hypoglycemia. You need to eat and keep you blood glucose evened out. You have so much on your plate right now...maybe you could have your doctor prescribe a low dose anti-anxiety pill.
Niki, I have had similar things and with me wasn't so much panic attack as stress (and you're dealing with a lot of that now) - I've even drank say some water (and no not freezing water) and gotten sharp pain in my chest to where literally for about minute I thought 'uh oh'; then it went away. I'm actually on anti-anxiety meds just to help with stress/anxiety. And the food part - well Tex, Lacey and Barb are right on target. I get real busy and most times I don't eat until I get home (not good). Yesterday though I wolfed down a hamburger at the office, but especially if you're small anyway, you need to get something in your stomach. You sound like me, stressed/anxious/depressed = don't eat. Been that way all my life. I'm trying to get better about it 'cause as much as I would like to be 12 again, I'm almost 51 - so I need to start treating my body better. Keep some food in you and talk to your doc; maybe even find a good therapist to help you work through this. Over the years, especially going through similar situation, I went to an excellent one to help me cope better.

So, today's my assistant's last day before she leaves (until the 10th) and I noticed the poor thing was on-line last night until almost 7PM. Gotta say that for her, when she knows she's going to be gone, she works late, comes in early to get stuff done - I've been trying to not let her know I'm 'panicing' but dang - the girl is my right arm and I'm almost helpless when she's gone. Well, not helpless but I'll catch myself holloring out my office "Naiky", then go 'oh, she's not there'

Hope everyone has a good day and I'm going to do some catch up then head to the office. I am moving reaaaaaaaaaaal slow lately. I'll try to pop in at the office or B4 I leave. Need to get some listings on line and review/sign a ton of crap before my assistant leaves. So Hasta Luego

Old 09-03-2009, 10:55 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,350,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
hey campers...everyone is soo busy.

Tambre, sending wishes and prayers for a successful inspection tomorrow..I have a good feeling it will be fine!

NJ, doing a happy dance that Mia's eye is ok....of course the twinnies were good at the eye doctor..they are OUR twinnies, after all...

Tex, voted for Watson...win win win..

Stoy, give em heck...like its not hard enough work for you..
I know working at the high school for years, so many of the kids have such major problems at home and school, who needs an idiot feeding them more crap..errr...

I want to go to Amish country sometime. field trip!

Lorrie, how is miss willow doing today??

Joy, party hardy girl!

Ok chat later...

Niki, will check your blog tonight...keep the faith girl...
Aw Barb! You are too sweet..They are your twinnies too!!

THanks Niki for your well wishes!!

Tex------------definitely have to meet up at Amish country!! BArb too!!

Joy- how are you girlfriend!! JODY- sending a kitchen pic along to you!!!

Off to take them outside a bit!! Have a fantastic day all!!!!!!!!!!!
Got Mia's haircut early this am. -3 inches off back!! but it looks thick and a blunt cut...so it looks better than all the split ends! We have a 3 inch lock of it now! saved...........

Last edited by njsocks; 09-03-2009 at 11:07 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Got Mia's haircut early this am. -3 inches off back!! but it looks thick and a blunt cut...so it looks better than all the split ends! We have a 3 inch lock of it now! saved...........
Aaaahhh---you have to save some of Noah's too.

I am brain dead right now......this 3 hr sleeping pattern after working all night is not working for me......

Old 09-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Okay just voted for Watson again and now he has 15 votes - people can vote each day so let's get going kids! Spread the word to all your friends! Cruise on Shel!

Tex you need more than 3 hours sleep girl - I can't even function unless I get at minimum 6 and prefer 8. Always been that way.

NJ now you'll have a lock of hair to put in Mia's album. I'll bet her new do looks fab

So much work to do that I'm sitting here going, OK, now which pile do I want to tackle next Really don't want to deal with any of them. Dang being the boss LOL

Later campers!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Woo Hoo...15 votes! Thanks Joy!! ...there is another dog who has 60 some. I got into this week's competition a few days late...so maybe next week I will do better.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,290 times
Hi everyone,

Well, we just heard feedback about the inspection, and no major red flags...we are going under contract (we do have to fix a few things, but all doable). There also has to be an appraisal by the bank. This is really surreal. Our agent is going to contact our attorney for the details of the contract. Holy sh*t We may actually be selling.

So, when you think you've got it bad, remember, this is what I have to live with:

They left two radon test cans on the countertop to test for radon levels. So my dh picks one up and, well to be polite, passes gas onto it... Men. It says right on them, "Do not disturb". It's probably going to register a temporary spike of some unknown toxic gas. It will be the first sale in history that was cancelled due to a fart.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Good one Tambre-all this and you guys still have a sense of humor. So happy all's going well. Are you headed to MO?????

Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

Well, we just heard feedback about the inspection, and no major red flags...we are going under contract (we do have to fix a few things, but all doable). There also has to be an appraisal by the bank. This is really surreal. Our agent is going to contact our attorney for the details of the contract. Holy sh*t We may actually be selling.

So, when you think you've got it bad, remember, this is what I have to live with:

They left two radon test cans on the countertop to test for radon levels. So my dh picks one up and, well to be polite, passes gas onto it... Men. It says right on them, "Do not disturb". It's probably going to register a temporary spike of some unknown toxic gas. It will be the first sale in history that was cancelled due to a fart.
LMAO over the fart!! This is great that you are going under contract!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

That's great about inspection and things moving forward so well (imagine me jumping up and down!) and keep DH away from the radon cans - men and them farting on things - wazzup with that? Anyway, radon was a big deal when I practiced in the States and what you don't want is for it to show concentrations of radon or some weird malfunction (and if it 'does' malfunction just tell them 'hey we didn't touch it so leave another so you get accurate reading) Then keep your 'oldest child' away from them LOL I'm very happy for you two XXOO

Old 09-03-2009, 03:24 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,290 times
Thanks Lacey and Texas and everyone who has said a prayer for a good outcome to the inspection

Yes, if all continues to go in a positive direction, we'll be headed out to the farm in Missouri. They have a tentative closing date set for October 27th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate