Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey girls before I get into Albert,

Sara, I'm so sorry about your dad though grateful your prayers were answered that he would go peacefully, not in pain. I'm so glad he had you by his side - now he's at God's right hand. We've all been keeping you in our prayers and will continue to for your loss. XXOO

Lorrie, I'm so happy they caught that with Willow when they were checking other things (sounds like you have an awesome vet!) - that picture was worth a thousand words. So this means she just needs to recover from surgery because, praise God, they found what problem was. With all the love she's getting not just from her 'human' family, but new siblings I know she'll heal quickly. Been praying for all of you, including Willow, 'cause know what a rough time you had after CoCo. Thank you so much for your response and prayers for Albert.

Stoy congrats on the offer! First Barb getting rid of the , then Tambre, now you have an offer . . . think we're on a roll here. Now we'll see who's next 'cause it does seem to be finally happening!

So thanks to EVERYONE for their prayers 'cause between the very intense prayers I was saying last night and all my friends saying them (love you all), he's much, much better this morning - like 'normal' better. I was just a basket case last night 'cause Albert is an in-door cat, NEVER, EVER get's sick and the kicker was I could tell when I got home last night that he hadn't eaten during the day (and the dang cat is a pig for one who does nothing but sleep all day).

Woke up this morning and Albert is pretty much Albert. I never encourage 'playing' before mom has had her coffee but was in bed, he started playing (even bit me! - never thought I'd be so happy to have him biting me as we were playing - have bite marks to prove it), he immediately started whining like he always does when I first get up, followed me into the kitchen whining while I make my coffee (normal) - I even cleaned out his already clean litter box while coffee brewing - he followed me into the bathroom which he normally does so he get's morning pats on the head, jumped up on my rocker that's right by the LR window to see what was going on outside, never ONCE licked his , started getting into things he knows not to mess with when I'm in the BR (that's NORMAL for him - sees what he can do when he knows i can't get up LOL).

Plus I could tell that in the night he had gotten up and peed/pooped AND ATE, and he's already eaten twice this morning, gone to the bathroom, did 'normal' cleaning of himself including but not like before when it was constant - but more included his along with feet, legs etc. now taking his normal 'morning nap'. As you can tell, and I actually feel a bit stupid, I am watching his 'patterns' like a hawk! This morning he was more like normal Albert. Still going to have my assistant call the vet and give her blow by blow including his more 'normal' behavior this morning, 'cause sounds like just maybe needs some medicine, ate a bug or a bug bit him though he's usually pretty dang quick and knows what to eat and what not to eat (being a former street cat), so do feel with the HUGE improvement this morning that it's nothing serious. If he was an outside cat, well . . . but maybe just needs some meds even though now he seems more back to normal.

Whew! Can you tell mama is relieved? Considering I've pretty much documented EVERYTHING over the last 2 1/2 days - my assistant will be able to give the Vet very good sequence of 'events' and she's very good so most likely he won't need to get checked, just some antibiotics or something since he's okay this morning. Dang, this cat is like my kid - and 'who' I come home to every night so right now I'm doing the happy dance that he's so much better. Thanks again for all the prayers XXOO
Joy such good news. That Albert is almost back to normal. Yes prayers are answered sometimes we don't even know it. God works in strange ways and keeps us on our toes.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,756 times
Default Texas

I am so very sorry I forgot your birthday. Thats what I get from not keeping up to date. Leason learned.
Lorrie

Old 09-17-2009, 10:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Joy such good news. That Albert is almost back to normal. Yes prayers are answered sometimes we don't even know it. God works in strange ways and keeps us on our toes.
Amen to that, sister. XXOO

Old 09-17-2009, 10:24 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,290 times
Hey Joy,

That's great news that Albert is feeling like himself again!

So, I need to vent a little here. Our attorney sent our contract to the buyers attorney last week, then went on vacation, travelling home tonight. So every day, I keep getting these frantic phone calls from my agent that the buyer's attorney hasn't received the contract yet. I got a call this morning that destroyed my futile attempts at staying calm. She told me the buyers thought we were playing games, and might walk. So, I asked our agent to please tell me the correct address of the buyer's attorney, and wouldn't you know it, our attorney looked up the address in the Lawyers Diary, whatever that is, and sent it to the wrong address. The buyer's attorney moved to a new office in April, so the Lawyers Diary address hasn't been updated. So now the mystery is solved. Supposedly, tonight the contract is going to be faxed to the buyer's attorney by our attorney. What will go wrong next!

I'm also having another contract CF at work...the school I've been working at for two weeks through a contract agency, sent the contract back to my boss, with all kinds of changes, and said it was pending school board approval. So, now I'm home, as my boss pulled me off the job. It actually is kind of funny, in an absurd way, how things are going.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,299 times
Afternoon all,

[quote=jodyrose;10792938]

Oh and If I could change anything?? (Thanks Painter, GREAT question)
I would have had another child. I love my daughter to pieces, unfortunately seeing me once or twice a year is enough for her and it drives me crazy. I mean I am not a clingy mom, but sometimes it almost gives me a complex wondering "WHAT DID I DO WRONG to deserve this kind of relationship??

Jody I saw this and just wanted to extend <hugs>. Does your daughter live close by? I had some problems with my daughters during their teenage years and being a parent has its challenges. It's hard when it doesn't turn out like the perfect picture you envisioned and you wonder what you did wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Thanks PAINTER for posting on Dad----

Yes, my Daddy passed away Wed morning around 6:15.
The hopsice staff had just gone in to do the morning bath and care, when his heart just stopped and he quietly passed.
We thank God he did not suffer, was calm and peaceful, a man of great faith....my prayer was answered that he go to sleep and awaken in a marvelous place with our Lord,whole and new....

there is service here at Christian City Friday, and the burial in Kingsport on Sat. Howard is flying here in tomorrow........
we are coping and truly appreciate your prayers...I have been having some add'l difficulties but hope they will be of no consequence.
This has all been so bittersweet....the loss unbearable, yet comfort in his relative pain free time he had left...

go tell someone how much you love them....soon

love and peace to you all,
sara
This time must be hard on you C'ma and I understand the bittersweet point. You can have closure and peace now regarding your daddy. How has your dh fared being alone so long while you've been away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Joy,

That's great news that Albert is feeling like himself again!
Yes Joy this is great news!

So, I need to vent a little here. Our attorney sent our contract to the buyers attorney last week, then went on vacation, travelling home tonight. So every day, I keep getting these frantic phone calls from my agent that the buyer's attorney hasn't received the contract yet. I got a call this morning that destroyed my futile attempts at staying calm. She told me the buyers thought we were playing games, and might walk. So, I asked our agent to please tell me the correct address of the buyer's attorney, and wouldn't you know it, our attorney looked up the address in the Lawyers Diary, whatever that is, and sent it to the wrong address. The buyer's attorney moved to a new office in April, so the Lawyers Diary address hasn't been updated. So now the mystery is solved. Supposedly, tonight the contract is going to be faxed to the buyer's attorney by our attorney. What will go wrong next!

I'm also having another contract CF at work...the school I've been working at for two weeks through a contract agency, sent the contract back to my boss, with all kinds of changes, and said it was pending school board approval. So, now I'm home, as my boss pulled me off the job. It actually is kind of funny, in an absurd way, how things are going.
Wow Tambre I am just amazed! I guess I should be thankful that my agent wasn't as bad as I thought. (It was more a personality clash and her phony persona to do anything to get a sale>> which ok I guess that was doing her job.) How can you send a contract to the wrong address!? Kinda dumb on her part Geez we didn't even use attorneys. All the paperwork was a breeze. I am just flabbergasted at all these different clueless wonder agent stories. I know it will all work out and you will get that contract in hand but I'm just like wth?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM

959 posts, read 1,825,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
havent read up today but just had to say:

WE GOT AN OFFER!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Thanks PAINTER for posting on Dad----

Yes, my Daddy passed away Wed morning around 6:15.
The hopsice staff had just gone in to do the morning bath and care, when his heart just stopped and he quietly passed.
We thank God he did not suffer, was calm and peaceful, a man of great faith....my prayer was answered that he go to sleep and awaken in a marvelous place with our Lord,whole and new....

there is service here at Christian City Friday, and the burial in Kingsport on Sat. Howard is flying here in tomorrow........
we are coping and truly appreciate your prayers...I have been having some add'l difficulties but hope they will be of no consequence.
This has all been so bittersweet....the loss unbearable, yet comfort in his relative pain free time he had left...

go tell someone how much you love them....soon

love and peace to you all,
sara
Sara, so sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey girls before I get into Albert,

Sara, I'm so sorry about your dad though grateful your prayers were answered that he would go peacefully, not in pain. I'm so glad he had you by his side - now he's at God's right hand. We've all been keeping you in our prayers and will continue to for your loss. XXOO

Lorrie, I'm so happy they caught that with Willow when they were checking other things (sounds like you have an awesome vet!) - that picture was worth a thousand words. So this means she just needs to recover from surgery because, praise God, they found what problem was. With all the love she's getting not just from her 'human' family, but new siblings I know she'll heal quickly. Been praying for all of you, including Willow, 'cause know what a rough time you had after CoCo. Thank you so much for your response and prayers for Albert.

Stoy congrats on the offer! First Barb getting rid of the , then Tambre, now you have an offer . . . think we're on a roll here. Now we'll see who's next 'cause it does seem to be finally happening!

So thanks to EVERYONE for their prayers 'cause between the very intense prayers I was saying last night and all my friends saying them (love you all), he's much, much better this morning - like 'normal' better. I was just a basket case last night 'cause Albert is an in-door cat, NEVER, EVER get's sick and the kicker was I could tell when I got home last night that he hadn't eaten during the day (and the dang cat is a pig for one who does nothing but sleep all day).

Woke up this morning and Albert is pretty much Albert. I never encourage 'playing' before mom has had her coffee but was in bed, he started playing (even bit me! - never thought I'd be so happy to have him biting me as we were playing - have bite marks to prove it), he immediately started whining like he always does when I first get up, followed me into the kitchen whining while I make my coffee (normal) - I even cleaned out his already clean litter box while coffee brewing - he followed me into the bathroom which he normally does so he get's morning pats on the head, jumped up on my rocker that's right by the LR window to see what was going on outside, never ONCE licked his , started getting into things he knows not to mess with when I'm in the BR (that's NORMAL for him - sees what he can do when he knows i can't get up LOL).

Plus I could tell that in the night he had gotten up and peed/pooped AND ATE, and he's already eaten twice this morning, gone to the bathroom, did 'normal' cleaning of himself including but not like before when it was constant - but more included his along with feet, legs etc. now taking his normal 'morning nap'. As you can tell, and I actually feel a bit stupid, I am watching his 'patterns' like a hawk! This morning he was more like normal Albert. Still going to have my assistant call the vet and give her blow by blow including his more 'normal' behavior this morning, 'cause sounds like just maybe needs some medicine, ate a bug or a bug bit him though he's usually pretty dang quick and knows what to eat and what not to eat (being a former street cat), so do feel with the HUGE improvement this morning that it's nothing serious. If he was an outside cat, well . . . but maybe just needs some meds even though now he seems more back to normal.

Whew! Can you tell mama is relieved? Considering I've pretty much documented EVERYTHING over the last 2 1/2 days - my assistant will be able to give the Vet very good sequence of 'events' and she's very good so most likely he won't need to get checked, just some antibiotics or something since he's okay this morning. Dang, this cat is like my kid - and 'who' I come home to every night so right now I'm doing the happy dance that he's so much better. Thanks again for all the prayers XXOO
I am glad that you still are calling the vet. It kind of sounds like maybe he had a little infection or something. When animals lick at those parts over and over, there is a reason. Hope he is back to normal really soon!

OK so what is with mothers and their sons? Seriously, I am going to have to remind myself of this when my little girl is born and all through her life. I DO NOT want to be like my mother and take DS's side in everything. It just really hurts that she refuses to even see my side of things. And besides that, I just find her to be a very vile person when she is mad at you. She is the type of person that will turn on you in a hearbeat and say horrible things to you. Then act like she never said them. Like I said, I am over it. I did e-mail her today but only to tell her about DH's grandma in case she wanted to send a card to his parents.

Kristine

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,275 times
WoW, You all are chatting up a storm today! I am stuck inside again with the weather, thunder storms, a whole sheet load of rain...singing Cry me a River, lol. Strange the sky is solid grey and the sun just came out before it stopped raining...just plain weird stuff.

I am just cleaning away here, tackled my office which has 26 plastic boxes stacked up, moved them around to make the room look bigger...what a joke. The boxes are loaded with stuff that has been packed for a year now, china, silver, books, you name it. Wont see the stuff till I am graced with a buyer and I move..............WHO IS NEXT TO GET THE CONTRACT???

Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,432 times
Nj, we countered but only a little more than their asking. apparently their closing date is very important, so my husband said as soon as possible. our realtor picked oct 20th, i think. we havent heard back yet, getting anxious.
C21, glad to hear Albert is better.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,432 times
Here's one for annoying family members- my parents' 40th anniversary is Monday. My sis and I decided 2 months ago to send a card around to all my siblings for my parents. We live all over the country. Didnt think it would work, but as of last week, it was sent to my oldest brother, the last one before me. This was a week ago. I was planning on giving them the card, along with gift certificates to 3 fancy restaurants tomorrow. I still havent received it. My brother lives 2 hrs away, i shouldve gotten it in 1 or 2 days after he mailed it. I am so mad he is messing up this plan that is so close to working. I know my parents would love to see that all 6 of us, in 4 different states, signed one card.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Ah the joys of family-you an pick your friends all but we're not that lucky with family.

Hammy our Mom's are related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate