Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Mornin' campers - on a bit earlier than normal but need to hit the office the office early so . . . . excuse any mispellings and sentences that just don't make sense LOL

Roth, sorry about the accident and that it was at such a busy place you'd tie up traffic forever cause if those kids were not in car seats Now telling us grown ups that we HAVE to wear them steams me 'cause we are adults and can make that choice; but kiddies should always be buckled up. Glad you weren't hurt and your door can be fixed.

Lacey, thinking about you and Mr. L. and I'm sure he'll pick the option that's best and if you think one is better than the other, well maybe he'll listen. I know nothing of this type of surgery so I really don't know. XX to both of you.

Good morning Goldy and hope you have a good day. Not looking too forward to mine.

NJ and TX did DM you back - think we have someone in dire need of attention on our hands. What a shame that some people post just to get the attention they can't get anywhere else. Dang, where's my Dr. Phil poster LOL

DM hows the fence coming so Halo can't dig out? Hope it cools down sooner than later - dang it's hot there. Been raining like all get out here, we had like 3 glorious days of warm sunshine then BAM, thunderstorms and all that. Makes me sleepy when it rains which isn't good when ya have to work. I'm still yawning.

Cma wherefore art though? Probably sold everything but the kitchen sink by now - just don't sell your computer! We miss you.

Lorrie, hope things are just a tad easier today but sure they're not. Been thinking about you and Gary and will keep you and the rest in my prayers.

Jody you must be busy girl and good to hear it!!!!

Everyone I forgot, sorry - not enough coffee in my yet, but hope your day goes good..

Well, I'm off to the day from He## where I have to kick some serious butt, then get all perky for 10:30 meeting with developers who are flying in from PC to meet with me. Ugh. Hate negativity but goes with the job. Sometimes I do wish I wasn't the boss. I love my job I love my job I love my job - that is my mantra today (and last night, huh, NJ)

Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
We didn't call the police because we were causing a major hazard just sitting in the middle of the road. Might have been a mistake, but who knows. I was going from JoAnn's up to the Michaels so I was going east on 22. She pulled from the KFC right before the intersection there at Michaels/PetSmart and wanted to go back towards Pgh. I can't believe that she was too lazy to go out the back way of KFC and out through the red light! And I can't believe she thinks any of this is my fault!! You KNOW how busy 22 through Monroeville is during the day and this was about 1:30 right after lunch. I know people pull that same stupid stunt all the time there, so I'm sure there have been lots more accidents. I basically just don't want to deal or even talk to her. That's why I wanted SF to take care of it.

The only thing I have is a dented door, nothing else. And it can still even be opened and closed, so yes I am driving it. But I was really hoping to be able to get it fixed before I went back down to SC because we know a good body place up here that is State Farm approved and I also have DH to pick me up and take me back instead of bothering the neighbors. But who knows what will happen with Esurance. Everytime I look at the door I get PO'ed all over again.

Yes hopefully we will get an offer. I think that DH is finally agreeable to do some bargaining. He is getting tired of the upkeep and doing all the cleaning himself when there is a showing. Plus he is finally getting tired of giving interest money to Chase for the other house. Of course I'm also a bit ticked that it took his brother to make him see that it needed a coat of paint............I told him that when we first put it on the market over a year ago!! But does he listen to me??? NO!
Oh, I know exactly where you mean and RTE 22 IS BUSY. I would be PO'ed too. You should have called the cops to the scene. But you are right--people pull that stunt all the time. Well, please...let me know if you need anything at all while in town. I am off work starting tomorrow morning! I have over 6 days off!!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hey campers, I am UP but not moving around much yet..neck hurts...

Lorrie, still crying..just remember that CoCo is in God's loving hands now..what a horrible nightmare..makes my stuff just seem piddly..

Ok need to shower and get dressed and make something of the day. Our son in Sacramento is struggling right now..he works for the State and has to take 3 furlough unpaid days each month, his wife just got her teaching credential, no jobs...any prayers for them appreciated..

ok outta here...oh the mobile is being shown again this evening....prayers appreciated the right buyer comes along for that..

Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Oh, I know exactly where you mean and RTE 22 IS BUSY. I would be PO'ed too. You should have called the cops to the scene. But you are right--people pull that stunt all the time. Well, please...let me know if you need anything at all while in town. I am off work starting tomorrow morning! I have over 6 days off!!
Yeah not to put salt in the wound Roth but I always insist on calling cops to accident scenes. I have had people argue with me and try to convince to just exchange ins and I won't do it.

This last one a guy side swiped us as we were parked in a parking stall at a grocery store There was just zero reason for it. He argued forever to just exchange ins info and my dh was starting to cave and I took my dh aside and said no we have to call the law. It was good because then when the cop came he noted that the guy was totally at fault etc. It turned out it was a costly job to fix, although it didn't look bad, yeah we just pocketed the money but...this guy would have fought ever paying what we had a right to for his stupidity.

Accidents do happen but we have just met up with too many idiots.

Prayers go out to you Barb, Lacey and Lorrie specifically...and of course for all sellers.

Have a good day everyone.

Don't work too hard Joy

Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Whoo-Hooo...six days off!!!!!.......when does the PARTY start?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM

Default A**#1 update

Ok the A**#1 landlord called again last night. Egads get me the xanax again..why us. He said the party girl next door, you know the one who thought DP needed anger manaement and wanted me to go out dancing with her..well she called A**1 and said someone was trying to break into her truck and that it was he guy staying at my house. Carl told the landlord to tell her to go take a flying F. Landlord said that nut next door was going to file a restraining order on the guy. Well the only guy i can figure out at our place is my cousin's son. I thought a couple weeks ago he was just staying a couple days so i am pissed. pizzed..whatever. DP not happy..we found this out lasat night so carl tried to call my cousins son on the kids cell phone, no call back yet..he needs to call my cousin. Anyway, this just too much, he should not be in MY house using MY power, his grandpa lives across the road in the same mobile park, he needs to go there if he can't go stay with my cousin. I am so done..

so this morning the phone rings again, A**wipe#1 left message wanting to know what we found out. We are not callling him...for one thing..its none of his damn buisiness and we were gone last night to a neighborhood watch meeting, it just wasnt our first priority.

Now my cousin is showing our place tonigt to a single lady, and a fella here in our development heard about our place up there and said he was interested so i need to dig up some pictures or have my cousin take some nice ones to show him.. This place has got to sell NOW.

Making shrimp salad, so if i take more xanax and pass out later from the stress at least dinner is started. Aaaagh!

You know DP and I are nice folks. I don't get it..Our neighbors in Utah were a nightmare, just hated us, and now this. I am glad to be home in CA where the free can roam... I dont know, maybe it is us..maybe we are just awful awful people. I am starting to get a complex.

Tears again, chat later...

Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hey shake it off Barb-it's your landlord that's the a-wipe. It will sell and I would sell to scum just to get even.

Mr. L's home and he doesn't want the surgery so guess the Remicade. Maybe a 2nd opinion too.

Your shrimp salad's a winner in our kitchen thread Barb.

Realtors are driving me crazy-calls, letters-where were they before?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Yeah not to put salt in the wound Roth but I always insist on calling cops to accident scenes. I have had people argue with me and try to convince to just exchange ins and I won't do it.

This last one a guy side swiped us as we were parked in a parking stall at a grocery store There was just zero reason for it. He argued forever to just exchange ins info and my dh was starting to cave and I took my dh aside and said no we have to call the law. It was good because then when the cop came he noted that the guy was totally at fault etc. It turned out it was a costly job to fix, although it didn't look bad, yeah we just pocketed the money but...this guy would have fought ever paying what we had a right to for his stupidity.

Accidents do happen but we have just met up with too many idiots.

Prayers go out to you Barb, Lacey and Lorrie specifically...and of course for all sellers.

Have a good day everyone.

Don't work too hard Joy
Thanks, Gold, its a rough time all around...

Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey shake it off Barb-it's your landlord that's the a-wipe. It will sell and I would sell to scum just to get even.

Mr. L's home and he doesn't want the surgery so guess the Remicade. Maybe a 2nd opinion too.

Your shrimp salad's a winner in our kitchen thread Barb.

Realtors are driving me crazy-calls, letters-where were they before?
Thanks, Lacey..I try to not let it bother me but it really bothers Carl and so then it bothers me...what hurts and ticks him off does the same to me..i know you get it since you have been married a zillion years too..sometimes we think alike and we even talk alike..lol

Now what does the remicade do? Would you opt for the surgery? I need to look up on google all this stuff so I am more informed..prayers with you..glad he is home..what would we do without these bad boys, eh?

Ok, need to chop the celery..be back

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Remicade is an rheumatoid arthtitis frug that seems to alleviate Chrons. I'm thinking I would opt for the surgery but there's no guarantee that more removal would be necessary every few years til you have a bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate